RTX 3080

Huntcliff

Just in case it helps someone get a feel for progress, I ordered a 5800x with a 6800XT but later swapped to an ASUS 3080 and it went into build stage last Friday. Ordered late November, 48 days in so far.... still sat in build status today and not counting any chickens until it's marked dispatched.

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
Just in case it helps someone get a feel for progress, I ordered a 5800x with a 6800XT but later swapped to an ASUS 3080 and it went into build stage last Friday. Ordered late November, 48 days in so far.... still sat in build status today and not counting any chickens until it's marked dispatched.
Did you pick the strix?

Defaulttv

71 days in... Late October. Ordered a review build, so can't even switch card out if it came to that.

Keep trucking along I guess..

Brookesy

Guess I’m not going to like the answer to this but if I order a rig today do we know what the rtx 3080 waiting times currently look like?

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
Guess I’m not going to like the answer to this but if I order a rig today do we know what the rtx 3080 waiting times currently look like?
They're currently working on early-mid October orders
But I also remember that they were working on early October orders on November 15th, when I ordered.

imfasttom

Gold Level Poster
The global shortage is bad. And one of the biggest manufacturers of chips said they were prioritising chips for automobiles. Due to said shortage.

There is due to be some movement after NVIDIA's Q1. So April. But that doesn't mean that 1000s of cards are gonna drop on PCS's doorstep. So time frames are hard to be set in stone. If October orders are going out now. Maybe September if supply is good?

Its all speculation of course.

dieselnut

Have you ordered a LiquidSeries or AIO/Air cooled ? I went into build last Tuesday with a LiquidSeries from a late November order too - possible theory being that the 3080 water cooled are different beasts to the 3080 air cooled. Haven't seen any movement since then though - I'm hoping it's not that someone has accidentally just clicked to change the status on my order :eek:

Huntcliff

Have you ordered a LiquidSeries or AIO/Air cooled ? I went into build last Tuesday with a LiquidSeries from a late November order too - possible theory being that the 3080 water cooled are different beasts to the 3080 air cooled. Haven't seen any movement since then though - I'm hoping it's not that someone has accidentally just clicked to change the status on my order :eek:
No it was just a vanilla ASUS 3080 Strixx, but they've just emailed today to say they've started the build but they don't have the 3080 would I like to change it to a 6800XT as they have those in stock

BetFin

Bronze Level Poster
No it was just a vanilla ASUS 3080 Strixx, but they've just emailed today to say they've started the build but they don't have the 3080 would I like to change it to a 6800XT as they have those in stock
Sorry about your bad build news, but it does make me feel better that you haven't jumped the queue when we have the same pre-ordered parts 😅

dieselnut

So - an update on my LiquidSeries in build - just spoken to Customer Services on the phone (Lovely guy, sounded quite relieved I wasn't ringing to shout!)
The liquid team are apparently part-building some of the Liquid Series so when a bunch of cards come in they will have a few builds ready to go straight out the door.
Liquid Series 3080's are the same 3080's everyone's getting, they're just removing the fan shroud and installing a water block on them, so whilst it looks like I'm in Building (technically I am) - I don't actually have a card, so I'm sitting in the Building queue rather than the Pre-Build queue as they've got at least some of my components together.
Apparently you get the fan shroud that they removed in the box with all your spare cables and whatnot anyway. So sadly, no PC coming yet.
Will go back to twiddling my thumbs :p

The_Fonz

does anyone know what 3080 your most likely to get, or is it just a random pick to whatever they have in im guessing ? probably a dumb question

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
does anyone know what 3080 your most likely to get, or is it just a random pick to whatever they have in im guessing ? probably a dumb question
Yeah it's the latter as due to the global shortage they are getting whatever they can

kozuki

Enthusiast
update: I was told that in the middle of last week they were building 3080 machines from October 10th, so my build should be getting picked very soon too. Apparently there are people with 82 working days out there