Sandy Bridge Laptops Now Available!

Nemesis

I think its nice and clean and keeps well to the styling of the website
It will help people get to their ideal chassis much quicker imo
:)

pez

Definitely a better format of layout. I would assume you have a large range now, than when you initially had the previous layout.

I can;t remember which/what site it was, but it had a kind of news feed with 4-5 links a the top of latest updates. Always good for quick reference if you regularly go to the same site and want to know what's happening rather than trawling around and looking :)

Maestro

I think you need some sort of info on this screen saying what each laptop is ideally suited to, i.e. gaming, multimedia / entertainment, everyday computing. So you could have all these catagories against each laptop and have a sliding scale of how good they rate in each catagory. This would make it much easier for people to immediately identify which laptops they should be looking at rather than trawling through all of them. I also think you need a better set of bullet points identifying the major specs of the laptop, again minimising the need to click through to each laptop.

Last edited:
Our long awaited Sandy Bridge Laptops are now available to order. 5 of 8 new models can now be configured and ordered.

Orders will be assembled from 23rd March onwards, which is the current estimated delivery date. Therefore please note any orders placed will take at least an extra 8 working days on top of the current lead times.

Hello. Is this horrible news ... is this free "extra 8 working days" applying to my order (31.3'2011,Order Number 386790) as well ?

Last edited:

@nthony

Hi! Is there still a delay on sandy bridges? I've got an Enigma III 520 ordered and was hoping to receive it theis Saturday, but it's still stuck in pre-production. :(

Jay-Jay

Im planning to get the vortex II 17" and have chosen the specs however I was just wondering if the graphics card 2gb nVidia GeForce GTX 485m is SLI configure.

Heres the spec that i want to get:

Chassis & Display
Vortex II-17: 17.3" Full HD LED Backlit 16:9 Widescreen (1920x1080) Super Clear Glossy
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor Extreme i7-2920XM (2.50GHz) 8MB Cache
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
2.0GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 485M - DirectX® 11 (17.3" Vortex II)
Memory - Hard Disk
750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
SONY BC-5500H 4x BLURAY ROM/DVD WRITER & CYBERLINK SOFTWARE (£84)
Memory Card Reader
Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & INTEL® CENTRINO® ADVANCED-N 6230 inc BLUETOOTH
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
and the rest are standards...

total amount is ££1985.00 ex VAT.
£2382 inc VAT and Delivery.

MrShteeeve

Just wondering if you have a good supply of the optimus II chassis with GT555M as I have ordered recently, went into processing on the 11th and am now worried that these extra 8 days may still apply!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just wondering if you have a good supply of the optimus II chassis with GT555M as I have ordered recently, went into processing on the 11th and am now worried that these extra 8 days may still apply!

We have stock of these at the moment, so no need to worry.

rjd

New laptop's imminent?

There are still three new models at sea which are due in at some point in April. As soon as the stock lands these will be available to order.

Hi. I'm curious to know if these new laptop's are imminent?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
All the laptops due in have arrived and are available for sale. The next model due into stock in May/June is the 15.6" Optimus II.