Sandy Bridge - The 2nd Generation Intel Core Processors are here!

Sleinous

Author Level
Nice new Avatar. :)

I doubt AMD bullzoder will out-perform Sandy bridge to be honest, but we will have to wait and see...

That's the spirit :p

Have a cookie from my cookie jar.

cookiejar8tallx7widelg.jpg

Tom DWC

Nice new Avatar. I doubt AMD bullzoder will out-perform Sandy bridge to be honest, but we will have to wait and see...

Cheers. Yeah you're probably right, but I guess there's a chance they might pull something out of the bag. Maybe, just maybe...

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
That's the spirit :p

Have a cookie from my cookie jar.

I was hoping that you were being sarcasitic at first :( I predict that the Zambezi Bulldozer will just about beat the current 1155 sandy bridge chips but will be beaten by the high end sandy bridge chips which will launch later this year so it should compete nicely.

Len

Phoenix will the bulldozer CPU's be compatable with my IV Forumula? an how hard is it to change a PSU

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
No unfortunately due to the new 32nm lithography used to create the chips AM3 won't be compatible, you'll need an AM3+/AM4 motherboard. Changing a non-modular PSU can take a while but why do you need to replace it?

Len

Well I am sleinous, the 850TX was fine untill these new cards came out now I can't crossfire a new card as my PSU is too small, so the new gen of amd processors wont be compatable with a AM3 board is it worth me changing my board and processor lol I'm not skilled enough to do it, so id have to pay someone else to

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Well if you have the money when they're released then it would be worth it to get more performance out of the crossfire setup.

Len

damn I wish I had of waited, will all the new amd processors not be compatable with AM3 most likely?

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
No they will require AM3+, I thought about waiting as well but I since I'd been already waiting for more than a year I decided to just buy now and upgrade later.

Len

yeh, I will just buy a new PC if and when needed as this one I've got atm is the bollocks on all the games im playing, new pc's and upgrading them and making your money go further for better components or more power gets a bit addictive but you can never achieve that because within a month something comes on the market that blows your rig away and it may cost half the PC's cost to upgrade them

Freeley

Yes i've ordered a sandy bridge system so i'm as upto date as i can be, but i know that with the amd and higher range sandy bridge's coming out later this year that i'll be out of date again come christmas! You have to draw the line somewhere and like you say Len your pc can mash anything to pieces at the moment which is all you can ask for really.

IrishTech

Bronze Level Poster
Seen that me self kinda glad my order still in pre production even if in theroy it should of been getting ready to ship a few days ago. Not sure now if i should wait till march/april for new chipset or take the chance. well they should be contacting me in a few days hopefully As i aint sure how this will affect me