Screenshots!

sted

Rising Star
Far Cry 3 looks so impressive. But I saw a video of it a little while back and where the graphics where good, when the player did certain things, like go into combat with an enemy it was like the quality of the graphics turned tacky, it may have been a console version and if so that would explain it, if not can anyone confirm whether this happens in the PC version if you have happened to experience it?

Keedar

Expert
Far Cry 3 looks so impressive. But I saw a video of it a little while back and where the graphics where good, when the player did certain things, like go into combat with an enemy it was like the quality of the graphics turned tacky, it may have been a console version and if so that would explain it, if not can anyone confirm whether this happens in the PC version if you have happened to experience it?

I finished FarCry3 long time ago and there is no such a things like You said :) Dont worry be happy.Game looks awesome :walkman:

rickne

Master Poster
Well it's not quite as creepy as the previous games and they were hardly on par with games like F.E.A.R inspired Half life 2 mod Nightmare house 2 or Penumbra but there are still some jumpy moments. However it wont take you long before you will be able to call when these are going to happen such is the repetative scripting. For example you know when a gun fight will begin due to the Mass effect esque strategically placed barriers for some typical cover shooting. Also just expect monsters after any door you open , or once you've entered a lift. The visuals are pretty enough within the Visceral Engine which in all honesty is almost identical to UE3 used for Mass effect.

So far only a couple missions in but played some of Mission 13 on co-op. Tip for you guys , don't do any of that untill you've unlocked some better weapons. You'll get pounded and your team mate won't appreciate you for it.
Anyway here are a few screens. I'll add a short video later.

Running on a 680 using 310.70 Drivers from nvidia. Good frame rate with VS turned off. Locked at 30 with.

deadspace32013-02-0822-19-57-34_zpsa60cb1e8.png

deadspace32013-02-0822-21-46-18_zps5df96af1.png

deadspace32013-02-0822-41-29-86_zps55174146.png

Keedar

Expert
Well it's not quite as creepy as the previous games and they were hardly on par with games like F.E.A.R inspired Half life 2 mod Nightmare house 2 or Penumbra but there are still some jumpy moments. However it wont take you long before you will be able to call when these are going to happen such is the repetative scripting. For example you know when a gun fight will begin due to the Mass effect esque strategically placed barriers for some typical cover shooting. Also just expect monsters after any door you open , or once you've entered a lift. The visuals are pretty enough within the Visceral Engine which in all honesty is almost identical to UE3 used for Mass effect.

So far only a couple missions in but played some of Mission 13 on co-op. Tip for you guys , don't do any of that untill you've unlocked some better weapons. You'll get pounded and your team mate won't appreciate you for it.
Anyway here are a few screens. I'll add a short video later.

Running on a 680 using 310.70 Drivers from nvidia. Good frame rate with VS turned off. Locked at 30 with.

deadspace32013-02-0822-19-57-34_zpsa60cb1e8.png

deadspace32013-02-0822-21-46-18_zps5df96af1.png

deadspace32013-02-0822-41-29-86_zps55174146.png

Only second chapter looks hmm different.Ds3 is most like Ds2 so far.Its still scary but this game should be played only with headphones.Also in ds3 we will find side quests witch is really good :) Hard difficulty should be more hard.

sted

Rising Star
Thanks Vanthus and Keedar, the video I watched was before it was released I think so it may have been in Alpha/Beta where the graphics may not have been perfected at the time. :)

sted

Rising Star
Ermahgerd I just want to eat those graphics! *Yeah, sorry for that badly cheesy opening to this post :S)