Side panel Mod

bg92

Expert
I'm planning to make a custom side panel window for my case as in my opinion the widnow side panel tha CM sells isn't great plus I'm a bit bored, so it seems like a good idea.
If anyone has any links to vids of how do do it or any links to modding advice web pages, I would be thankfull if you post them here as googling this stuff is frustrating, takes so much time and usually I find stuff that is BS.

bg92

Expert
Thanks +rep. Appreaciate the effort. I hate research it takes so much time but it is worth it, I found a few myself as well :D

bg92

Expert
Just to make sure. I wont void my warranty on my components by modding the case? Or will I?

Gorman

Author Level
You will obviously void the warranty on the case. If done correctly nothing else should be affected. Same old rules for warranty really, its only void if you broke it.

bg92

Expert
Don't really need the warranty on the case anyway, so thats fine. Might be making a side panel with some kind of a design on it, might get it laser cut don't know yet, might end up costing me much more than it should.

bg92

Expert
This is a design I came up with, any sugesstion or ideas?

Attachments

• side panel.png
    side panel.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 319

JSG10

Expert
Looks good mate! :)
Don't forget in your large cutout area the perspex or whatever you put there might want an area for a side fan?

Gorman

Author Level
Just make sure the top and bottom arnt too thin so you cant see the rail where the panel connects and the stability of the side is preserved.

bg92

Expert
I will not need an extra side fan, what I have now is enough and btw I will post pics of my other design or design so you guys can help me choose the best one :D

bg92

Expert
Unfortunately I don't so I will have to send it for a company to do it for me, they will do it for £20 plus shipping costs.

bg92

Expert
Which of these do you think is the best? I might post few more more tommorow :D

Attachments

• side panel ideas.png
    side panel ideas.png
    470.4 KB · Views: 284

JSG10

Expert
Hmm I think number 4. It looks like it would show off your components best whilst hiding the PSU (for me the most boring component! who wants to see a black box?)

bg92

Expert
Yea psus are preyty boring, I'm thinking it will be between 1 and 4 unless I come up with another one :D

JSG10

Expert
Did think that at first but not so sure. Draw one up quickly if you can and I'll let you know lol

bg92

Expert
Ok here you go, I think it might be better to do it this way.

Attachments

• side panel 4.png
    side panel 4.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 258