Skyrim: Character choice & pics!

Mattyp

Enthusiast
What difficulty are you playing on MeveM? I've heard plenty of people on Reddit saying they play on the highest difficultly and they find it very challenging.

MeveM

Bright Spark
What difficulty are you playing on MeveM? I've heard plenty of people on Reddit saying they play on the highest difficultly and they find it very challenging.

Started on Normal (3) for about 5-10 hours, then put it up to the next for 10-15 hours, and since played at the max. Actually found it the most challenging in the start at normal the first few hours. The dragons seem pathetic, Probably because I play a nord and 80% of the dragons I come across are frost. I think their AI is stupid. Just get behind/side of the dragon when it's landed and it can't hit you, and I hide behind my shield for anything else. My shield absorbs most magic/elemental/physical damage, got ring with 15% increased block, maxed out blocking, got the talent for magic blocking, and got a shield with 25% extra blocking. I never take any damage and because I hardly take any damage, my stamina hardly goes down when I block, so I can just stand behind my shield 24/7.

Petchi b

I'm so glad I choose a battlemage character, I'm finding it challenging on the "Adept" difficulty setting. As I'm using light armour and dont own a shield a lot of the battles can get difficult when there is no space and I get crowded by a few enemies.

Biggest challenge so far was the "Trouble In Skyrim" Companion quest, took me a few goes to do that and even Lydia died :( I didn't realise your followers could die permanently!

M3aaaq

Enthusiast
I'm so glad I choose a battlemage character, I'm finding it challenging on the "Adept" difficulty setting. As I'm using light armour and dont own a shield a lot of the battles can get difficult when there is no space and I get crowded by a few enemies.

Biggest challenge so far was the "Trouble In Skyrim" Companion quest, took me a few goes to do that and even Lydia died :( I didn't realise your followers could die permanently!

They only die if you shot them >.>

Mattyp

Enthusiast
Yeah I have to admit I'm playing on the 'normal' (or Skyrim equivilant) difficulty and I find myself dying a lot. Mainly playing as a Archer sneak with a 2 handed weapon. I have almost no block skill what so ever and have to often run from enemies and keep arrowing them from a distance, and from the harder enemies die within a few hits.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
They only die if you shot them >.>

Not always true, although enemies are supposed to ignore them when they're 'downed' if you happen to talk infront of them and an enemies does a ranged attack that hits your follower they can die :(

Petchi b

This is what the F5 key was invented for...true story :)

Yeah the thing is I already saved not realising she had died. Thought she had run off fighting somewhere lol! I couldn't even find her because it was dark in the cave...had to use the candlelight spell to see her lying on the ground...:(

MeveM

Bright Spark
I can't figure out how to Marry Lydia :(. You're supposed to be able to, I get the option to ask everyone else, but not her, reports say you can after doing a personal quest to her, but after 60 hours of gameplay with her following me from the minute I got her, I've not been asked to do anything for her :(

Deklore

Bright Spark
I can't figure out how to Marry Lydia :(. You're supposed to be able to, I get the option to ask everyone else, but not her, reports say you can after doing a personal quest to her, but after 60 hours of gameplay with her following me from the minute I got her, I've not been asked to do anything for her :(

Sometimes you have to just face the facts MeveM. You're just not her type.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster

She got a wiff of you getting bored of her and returning to MMO's, I think shes decided your not her standard lolol

M3aaaq

Enthusiast

I think you need to do something for her.. thats how i married that girl that asks you for a mammoth tusk

she has a store so i get moneys daily :D

Tracker

Enthusiast
(+Rep for every profile posted)

NAME: Dave

RACE: Nord

ARMOUR: Light

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Two Handed Sword

SPELL OF CHOICE: Anything that assists in running away

STYLE OF PLAY: High skill proficiency in two handed swords, light armour and blocking , he's a coward at heart complimented by an unnaturally high 'sneak' skill, tendancy to run away at the first sign of danger, and enough stamina to outrun a horse. Unlike traditional cowards, he has little to no speech skill whatsoever, so talking his way out of trouble rarely works.

PICS: Never!

Cookie for anyone that gets the reference :3 i've decided to try going through the game killing as little as possible, some aspects of the game aren't particularly easy (e.g, i managed to get into a fight with a bard in a bar for a sidequest, after about 10 minutes of running around the bar trying to find somewhere to trap him or yield my way out, i ended up getting him to punch another npc (the barmaid) who proceeded to knock him senseless).

it's more fun than playing the typical assasin / thief classes in that i know that my character could turn around and bludgeon them senseless if he really wanted to.. he's a barbarian after all.. He's just too much of a chicken, Bejabbers!

Will i be able to finish the game? probably not at this rate, i've not gotten to the point where i fight dragons but i haven't a clue how i'll get about that, i may have to break character to kill it unless i can find a solution.. till then Dave will carry on whimpering and hiding!

M3aaaq

Enthusiast
(+Rep for every profile posted)

NAME: Dave

ARMOUR: Light

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Two Handed Sword

SPELL OF CHOICE: Anything that assists in running away

STYLE OF PLAY: High skill proficiency in two handed swords, light armour and blocking , he's a coward at heart complimented by an unnaturally high 'sneak' skill, tendancy to run away at the first sign of danger, and enough stamina to outrun a horse. Unlike traditional cowards, he has little to no speech skill whatsoever, so talking his way out of trouble rarely works.

PICS: Never!

Cookie for anyone that gets the reference :3 i've decided to try going through the game killing as little as possible, some aspects of the game aren't particularly easy (e.g, i managed to get into a fight with a bard in a bar for a sidequest, after about 10 minutes of running around the bar trying to find somewhere to trap him or yield my way out, i ended up getting him to punch another npc (the barmaid) who proceeded to knock him senseless).

it's more fun than playing the typical assasin / thief classes in that i know that my character could turn around and bludgeon them senseless if he really wanted to.. he's a barbarian after all.. He's just too much of a chicken, Bejabbers!

Will i be able to finish the game? probably not at this rate, i've not gotten to the point where i fight dragons but i haven't a clue how i'll get about that, i may have to break character to kill it unless i can find a solution.. till then Dave will carry on whimpering and hiding!

Assasins aren't cowards.. i just prefer not being seen

*hides in corner*

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
NAME: Usukane

ARMOUR: Heavy

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Two-handed swords

SPELL OF CHOICE: None, used to occasionally use Oakflesh.

STYLE OF PLAY: Head collector.
I started Skyrim on the hardest difficulty, but changed it to the fourth in the early levels as mobs had silly amounts of hp.
That didn't seem to last long, however. I did a few of the story missions to get dragons to start spawning in my world & with my current gear on master difficulty, they don't even push me to use a potion. Seriously hoping they patch the difficulty of the game as the hardest mode needs to pose some kind of challenge regardless of gear.
In my current armour on master setting, it's gone easy mode xD but I think i've taken upgrading to the extreme.
I've explored about a third of the map maybe now, still really enjoying it. Will probably be the first game that I attempt to get 100% in.
The game has a great story, so that alone is enough to keep me playing - I still have countless quests & dungeons to do & I need to find a better sword to upgrade, mine's seriously unattractive.

PICS: Armour picture is Dragon Armour upgraded with smithing using 25% smithing ring, neck, gloves & body (through Enchanting 80), weapon is using +40% two handed damage ring, neck, hands & feet (also done through Enchanting 80) on a smithed Daedra sword.

I'm only a few levels off capping two-handed sword & heavy armour, so those stats won't go up much more, but they will raise a little bit.
I think you could raise them higher by doing alchemy & creating a blacksmith elixir more powerful than 50%, though.

2011-11-17_00005.jpg

2011-11-18_00050.jpg

2011-11-18_00051.jpg

For anyone who wants to create a broken heavy armour character, just do 100 smithing, 80 enchanting, 80+ heavy armour & then go afk on mobs xD

Reposted due to original post only allowing 5 attachments

spikopsycho

Enthusiast
NAME: Spikopsycho

RACE: Dunmer

ARMOUR: Nightingale Armour (Yay for thieves guild lol)

WEAPON OF CHOICE: Daedric Sword/Chillrend

SPELL OF CHOICE: Healing/Flames

STYLE OF PLAY: Sneak mostly, backstab, from afar with bow, and if noticed dual wield swords. (Never done this type of character before, I'm usually a mage on these kinda games).

PICS:
TESV2011-11-1901-34-13-91-1.jpg

TESV2011-11-1901-33-25-35-1.jpg

Attachments

• TESV2011-11-1901-34-13-91.jpg
    TESV2011-11-1901-34-13-91.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 190
  • TESV2011-11-1901-33-25-35.jpg
    TESV2011-11-1901-33-25-35.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited: