SLI Bios versions differing?

Simo/V

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,

I have recently installed a new PSU and a secibd Gfx Card (Gtx 560 Ti 1Gb). When using GPU - Z, it states that the Bios versions differ (70.20.2E.00.00 and 70.24.11.00.00)

Is this correct or do I need to update something?

Simon.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Unless you buy 2 cards at the same time, chances are you will get different bios versions,
If everything is running ok, I'd leave it as is.

Simo/V

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah all seems to be working well, Playing on Batman Arkham City, max everything. Runs a lot smoother than on 1 Gpu other than if I move the screen quickly it stutters, not frame drop but freezes for say 1ms then is fine again, but it doe this quite often (I spin around a lot). It did not do this before.

Simo/V

Bronze Level Poster
On Nvidia's website it states that the 285.62 WHQL drivers are the latest...so ill give those a try

Simo/V

Bronze Level Poster
Just to note, are the 285.62 WHQL drivers the latest versions and not the 290.53...the website directs me to the 285.62 WHQL but the 290 seems a higher number...

Fear

Prolific Poster
The WHQL drivers are the ones that have been signed off as tested and are stable but you can use the more up to date beta drivers they are just the test versions for any improvments they can make.

Rakk

The Awesome
The WHQL drivers are the ones that have been signed off as tested and are stable but you can use the more up to date beta drivers they are just the test versions for any improvments they can make.
But as with anything in a beta stage, they can sometimes have a few glitches :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
But as with anything in a beta stage, they can sometimes have a few glitches :)

Very true indeed ;)

Both 285.62 WHQL and the 290.53 have dropped my FPS on Arkham City by about 10 :S

Have a look through on the beta and archived section on the nvidia website and you might find some of the more recent drivers that are listed to improve Arkham City, just out of curiosity are you running this on a single monitor or have you got a multi monitor setup and what resolution you playing at ?

Simo/V

Bronze Level Poster
Running on a single Samsung monitor at 1680x1050, GTX 560 Ti SLI. was avg 45-60 fps with the 290.36 Drivers, but both of the latest two state that they improve Arkham City performance...

Fear

Prolific Poster
You will actually find that the 285.62 is the oldest of the 3 you hvae tried and the 290.53 are the latest but the main release for this one was an improvement for skyrim but it should still have all the previous improvements they have made but sometimes certain drivers work better on certain system setup and particular games so if you had the best performance with the 290.36 drivers then go back to them and wait for any future releases that may better the performance, also meant to ask before is it just in a certain area you get this or all the time i only ask as i have not played Arkham City but on Arkham Asylum i used to get stuttering in a few different places on the game but that was on my old system not tested it out on here yet.

Simo/V

Bronze Level Poster
Turns out when I updated the drivers, it switched SLI off and I didnt think to check that until now, have been playing past day or 2 with no SLI :S

Switched it back on, re-ran the benchmarks and the new drivers have improved the avg fps by about 4 so not too bad :)