Slow internet (Ethernet)

jpascoe01

Hey,

I have just bought a custom PC and I am having an issue with my internet speed. I am pulling about 4-5mb/s. I have posted my spec below. I think it is likely due to the motherboard. I have read elsewhere about potentially uninstalling the drives but unsure how to do this so any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Case
LIAN LI LANCOOL 215 GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Six Core CPU (3.5GHz-4.4GHz/35MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING WIFI II (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB SOLIDIGM P41+ GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR, 1625MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (3300 MB/R, 2900 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 150 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
Norton 360 inc. Game Optimizer - Free 90 Day License
Browser
Microsoft® Edge
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey, thanks for the reply! I haven’t, I didn’t think the antenna would be required if I am using Ethernet. Don’t really want anything to do with WiFi as it is dodgy
Ah apologies, should have asked.

Can you post a screenshot of your optional updates page from windows update?

jpascoe01

No worries!

I believe this is the correct windows update view? I had to click at the top to refresh to bring up any updates.
1676058648786.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
you'll need to apply all of those, it's not currently configured until those are all applied, both windows updates and all optional ones.

jpascoe01

Hmm still hasn't seemed to improve. I am paying for 360mbs with Virgin and pulling 40mbs with a speed test. And the game I am trying to download using (battle net) to my D drive (using this as my games drive) is pulling 3-5mbs. Previous PC completed the same download in 20 mins.

I have disabled the below adaptor. Saw somewhere someone say he deleted it. Don't know if that would make any difference?
1676060266618.png

Thanks!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hmm still hasn't seemed to improve. I am paying for 360mbs with Virgin and pulling 40mbs with a speed test. And the game I am trying to download using (battle net) to my D drive (using this as my games drive) is pulling 3-5mbs. Previous PC completed the same download in 20 mins.

I have disabled the below adaptor. Saw somewhere someone say he deleted it. Don't know if that would make any difference? View attachment 35971
Thanks!
You've restarted I take it to apply the updates?

jpascoe01

Yeah clicked the restart at the top of windows updates following the completed/update required were ticked on all the downloads. Seems like the one above failed though so will try that!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah clicked the restart at the top of windows updates following the completed/update required were ticked on all the downloads. Seems like the one above failed though so will try that!
This does seem a common problem with this board, I'm just looking up some solutions, but it's not worth doing any troubleshooting until windows is up to date.

jpascoe01

I have downloaded it but unsure what to do with the file and extracted to documents. I click the asus setup and allow this to make changes to device but no response - unless that is all is should do and I should restart?
1676061507521.png

Attachments

• 1676061485546.png
    1676061485546.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 37

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have downloaded it but unsure what to do with the file and extracted to documents. I click the asus setup and allow this to make changes to device but no response - unless that is all is should do and I should restart?View attachment 35975
So you've extracted it have you? You need to extract it first, just right click the zip file and extract all

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Once updates are done and drivers updated, try this. In device manager, on the I225 ethernet adapter right click -> properties -> configure -> advanced -> speed / duplex ---- change from Auto to 1.0Gbps. See if that helps.

jpascoe01

So you've extracted it have you? You need to extract it first, just right click the zip file and extract all
Yeah extracted to my 'documents' into a separate file for the driver I created and then clicked on that 4570kb setup and clicked ok for it to make changes. But nothing happened after (unsure if anything else was meant to pop up?)