Slow internet (Ethernet)

jpascoe01

Once updates are done and drivers updated, try this. In device manager, on the I225 ethernet adapter right click -> properties -> configure -> advanced -> speed / duplex ---- change from Auto to 1.0Gbps. See if that helps.
Given that a go (only had 2.5gbps and some much lower) but still stuck on 4-5mbs :unsure:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah extracted to my 'documents' into a separate file for the driver I created and then clicked on that 4570kb setup and clicked ok for it to make changes. But nothing happened after (unsure if anything else was meant to pop up?)
try running the "install" batch file.

jpascoe01

I have rebooted and tried on both 2.5ghz and auto. Still doesn't seem to want to boost the mbs. I think it might be an ISP issue if I am only getting 40mbs with an online speed test. But it is weird that I then wouldn't get 40mbs or so on the game download

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have rebooted and tried on both 2.5ghz and auto. Still doesn't seem to want to boost the mbs. I think it might be an ISP issue if I am only getting 40mbs with an online speed test. But it is weird that I then wouldn't get 40mbs or so on the game download
Apologies, you're quite new to all this aren't you?

Firstly, what are you using for a speedtest? Can you take a screenshot of the reading?

jpascoe01

I am haha. I appreciate the help! I am just using an online speed test, tried a few for a bit of a population. They are between 30-40mbs down without the game download running and <5 with it running. Using https://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ for this as an example:

1676064782546.png
1676064855633.png

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Are you able to run a Speedtest directly from your router, that will be a true test of your broadband speed versus what your pc is able to achieve

jpascoe01

So I am unable to sign into my router (I think) in order to carry out a test. Virgin have a mobile app that you can test you speed with but appears to not load. They also have a web browser with the results below (but assumably this isnt a test directly from the router)
1676066011113.png

jpascoe01

Actually I have found some sign in access to the router itself so will access the router now and see if I can do a direct test there

jpascoe01

Annoyingly I can't actually test the incoming internet speed through the line but I have found the below which obviously cant be great :ROFLMAO:
1676067000515.png

jpascoe01

So I realise that there is a difference between mbps and MB/s now... conversion of 8/1 so 40 mbps from ISP would agree to battle net download speed of 5MB/s. Doesn't explain why I am only getting 40mbps - likely the ISP considering all you have suggested and the fact I am definitely connected with ethernet

1676074163297.png
1676074199317.png

I appreciate both of your help this eve - been a long one. If you can think of anything else over the next few days please let me know and I'll give that a try.