So… You Won The Lottery…

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Oh my goodness this is so easy @AgentCooper !! No thinking required for any of the three.....
First up is the no brainer. Jaguar F-Type R. In British Racing Green obviously. I quickly specced this one up for myself on Jaguar.ie. It's a 5 litre, 575 PS, 700 ft/lb beauty at a totally steal price of just €205k.

1656873895875.png

This car has the most fantastically styled rear end of anything I have seen, mechanical or living. I mentioned here before in the past I think that my plan would be to reverse the car into the drive so that I could enjoy it's bum through the window whenever I needed a little pick me up.

1656873997184.png

Next up is the subject of my long standing infatuation with Jaguars. It started at a very young age where I would spend significant amounts of time at age 9 or 10 designing my own cars and engines on A3 sheets of paper my folks used to get for me once or twice a month. I will never forget when my Dad brought me to a Jaguar dealer as a treat so we could look around. I gathered all the brochures and poured over them for hour after hour. I was in love! And there was one single car that did it for me more than any other.

I will never forget the main image that caight my attention - a Jaguar XJ-S parked in front of a beautiful English country home. It's rear end side on towards the camera. I have trawled the web but can't find the actual image. This one is the closest I can find for now:

1656874932372.png

Finally, my day to day run around. No question on this one - I drove one of these as my daily driver when I was working in Florida. A Cadillac Brougham from the 80's. It had a 5.7 L V8 in it which averaged about 8 mpg. It weighed a little less than 3 tonnes, and that meant that combined with it absolutely shocking automatic gearbox it just made noise and didn't go very fast.

What I do remember though is that it's weight was far too high for it's skinny wheels. On the way to work you came over a little down to an intersection just on the other side. When it was wet, I would regularly crest that hill to find the lights red and then proceed to lock up all four wheels and then slide through the intersection, eventually resigning myself to the fact I couldn't stop, releasing the brakes and just carrying on regardless.

It was an absolute monstrously and pointlessly big car. What I loved though is that there were a load of old farts in my town who drove these to their doctors appointments, or for the weekly shop, or whatever else. Chugging away, sucking gas like it was only 99c a gallon (which it was back then) and struggling to park it whenever they arrived at their destination.

I love the idea of using one of these to go down to my local Eurospar and spending eons trying to parallel park it outside the front door!

1656875573095.png

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I'm not really into cars, so I was on the fence about whether or not to get involved in this. Then I figured I'd do it because I do have a story to share.

I'd quite happily pick just the one car - the Jaguar XK8 used in the second Austin Powers movie.

pictures_jaguar_xk_2002_3.jpg

I sat in the actual one used in the movie as I was in Sixth Form when the movie came out and the car was on display at the Jaguar plant here in Liverpool when I was on an A level Business Studies trip. I've sat in THE seat where Heather Graham sat while making the movie. Have not washed my backside since!

ThoRob

Silver Level Poster
Car 1 must be your extravagant, money is no object modern vehicle.
McLaren 720S

Car 2 must be an older or vintage model, anything you’ve lusted after over the years but the model must be pre-millennium.
Bugatti Type 57

Car 3 is your daily driver, the car you’d nip down the shops in and wouldn’t mind the kids spilling their Pom Bears all over the seats.
Polestar 2 350kw BST Edition

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Might as well get involved with my own suggestion…

1) When money is no object, we go big. Quite literally. With a Dembell motorhome, we’d have a luxury hotel suite on wheels.

8603ED1B-E295-43CD-821E-B509A9A4DC41.png

There’s also room at the back of the truck to accommodate a small hatchback!

2) My historical pick isn’t going back in time too far but it’s a car that I desperately wanted as a teenager. The 1997 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV, wearing its full rally clothing.

0AD3B3E9-BE45-449C-BF6B-CC4067E18291.jpeg

3) As for my daily driver, nothing too extravagant required. Perhaps the Aston Martin DBX 707.

0F67E944-8E4C-4C50-A4CA-8D84E85F6365.jpeg

FerrariVie

Super Star
Great choice of daily-driver, @AgentCooper . The DBX would be my missus favourite and def I wouldn't be opposed to driving that. But since we're talking about me.... :)

Car 1 must be your extravagant, money is no object modern vehicle.
1657045399738.png

Ferrari Roma :love:

Car 2 must be an older or vintage model, anything you’ve lusted after over the years but the model must be pre-millennium.
My first choice would for sure be the Ferrari F50, but if I needed to pick another brand (or else everything would be ferrari here) it would be the 1995 Honda NSX:
1657046312454.png

Car 3 is your daily driver, the car you’d nip down the shops in and wouldn’t mind the kids spilling their Pom Bears all over the seats.
Either the Aston DBX or the Maseratti Levante Trofeo
1657046709999.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This would be another money is no object car.

The Spyker C8 Spyder

It's not a very good car when it comes to driveability, but just look at how over the top it is!

SpykerC8Spyder_03.jpg

Spyker-C8_Aileron_Spyder-2010-1600-0f.jpg

35537168615_640b3b4570_b.jpg

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
D

Deleted member 41971

Amazing car but I’d be slightly fearful of having that kind of acceleration and top speed at my disposal. I’d probably wrap it around a lamp post within ten minutes of getting behind the wheel.

on the plus side it goes at 290mph top speed so that lamp post will not stand a chance

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
on the plus side it goes at 290mph top speed so that lamp post will not stand a chance

‘I wonder what the last thing that went through his mind was?’

‘From the looks of the autopsy report, it was his pelvis’