SoftImage XSI 3D Thread

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
Rather than Hijack other folks threads, this one is about XSI and also my dreadful fumblings getting used to working with it.

Any advice/comments welcomed.

Here's an old test image ive just imported, playing around with Amient Occlusion. Cant find my old textures though :(

gng.jpg

rgds

F

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
Why, thank you!

I'm using a new workflow process, which is either spitting out really nice renders, or hideous images from beazelbubs armpits.

if I knock anything else decent up ill post it.

rgds

F

PS the image is all down to my new PCS machine. Without the sheer grunt it has now, this render wouldn't have been possible. ( i get bored at render times over a few mins and wouldnt have waited for it)

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
bugger, just lost a long reply to your question.

So, short answer, yes, they're old max meshes of mine exported over to xsi.

Simple meshes enhanced by the greeble plugin for max.

Rgds

F

Gorman

Author Level
bugger, just lost a long reply to your question.

So, short answer, yes, they're old max meshes of mine exported over to xsi.

Simple meshes enhanced by the greeble plugin for max.

Rgds

F

I almost understood what you said there!, by context.

Here's some guys who can deal with Aoshi's egg.

Dropship2010.jpg

rgds

f

Another impressive render

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
oops, forgot to add, that obviously the Alien Meshes aren't by me. Just freebees from the interwebs.

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
Hello there,

It's a prop from an old library, also it's very similar to Digital Tutors XSI intro project, where one builds a one seater racer. (I was going to put one of my latest racers in, but i'm not happy with the textures yet.)

Iv'e got tens of gigs of objects and textures i've accrued throughout the years (started on 3dStudio when it was a DOS app!)

With the last two images, I'm working on the physical workflow of the project, rather than the images themselves, as I havn't touched 3d stuff since 2002 or so.

Also, the software has come on in leaps and bounds and has changed in the way it functions and getting to grips with that is quite a trial for an old dog.

Still, I hope you like em.

rgds

f

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
here's me latest

IMAGE REMOVED PENDING FURTHER DECISION - Sleinous

Cant get a realistic look to it, but it's ok tho. (using Vue 8 renderer in xsi)

rgds

frank

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleinous

Author Level
Its come to my attention that the above picture may not be suitable for minors...link removed until i get confirmation from admins who can still view edits.

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
Crikey, its hardly ****. But, its you chaps' forum and hope I havnt broken any rules.

Anyhoo, on the back of that art, I've just been commissioned to do an album cover, so its not all bad.

Lucky I didn't post a render of Michelangelo's David. You can see everything...;)

Rgds

F

Sorry!

Last edited: