Specs Check

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Uh. It seems the 1660 Super has increased in price by like £20 or more since it's more than a 1660Ti at the moment on PCS. Should I wait for it to go down in price, or?
Prices are so volatile at the moment, due to the supply & demand situation, if you had saved it as a quote, quote prices are valid for 5 days

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Uh. It seems the 1660 Super has increased in price by like £20 or more since it's more than a 1660Ti at the moment on PCS. Should I wait for it to go down in price, or?
They’re not made any more so it’s likely prices will only increase as remaining stocks get less and less.

Raawrzy

Bronze Level Poster
Hmm. Would it be ok to just have a 500/600W PSU to save money or stick with the 800W RM btw. And would going with the cheaper option (1660Ti) be better. I'm aware the Ti offers better performance but worse value

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hmm. Would it be ok to just have a 500/600W PSU to save money or stick with the 800W RM btw. And would going with the cheaper option (1660Ti) be better. I'm aware the Ti offers better performance but worse value
You can go for the 650W PSU but it'll limit future upgradability, where as if you go for the 850W model, it'll mean you can pretty much put any card in it down the road. Seeing as you're on such a tight budget, I wouldn't spend more on a GPU, the 1660S is a great card for 1080p 144hz. Plus the Ti is out of stock until June.

If I was you, I'd go ahead and order the spec the spec I put in the thread a while ago before the price only contiues to rise. For 1080p 144hz gaming, it'll be all you'll need and will perform perfectly well. If you have any questions, ask them now, the last thing you want is to wait a week and the 1660 Super goes out of stock because then you're definetly screwed.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
If the 1660ti is currently cheaper and offers better performance, how is it worse value? I would go for the cheaper, higher performing card if still in stock. Personally, I would stay with the 850W RM PSU.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If the 1660ti is currently cheaper and offers better performance, how is it worse value? I would go for the cheaper, higher performing card if still in stock. Personally, I would stay with the 850W RM PSU.
Wow, I'm not sure what happened with my maths in my post.

Although the TI isn't due in until June and I'm sure they'll give it a price hike when it does come in. If you're looking for a build now, I feel like the Super is still a good 1080p card
Screenshot 2021-04-01 at 18.36.55.png

Raawrzy

Bronze Level Poster
Aight I'll look at the build you put in there a while back, stock cooler should be fine with 1080p ultra, no need to upg, thanks. I'll try order asap once these questions are all sorted. Thanks for all of your efforts to help so far, much appreciated :]

Raawrzy

Bronze Level Poster
Oh and I've been deliberating between the Lancool II and the TD500 in terms of cases. Is there a clear advantage to either of them, or does it just come down to preference,

Raawrzy

Bronze Level Poster
And now the B550 Plus Wifi is out of stock, typical. Should I wait for it to come back in stock or just get the non-wifi version and a AX200?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Oh and I've been deliberating between the Lancool II and the TD500 in terms of cases. Is there a clear advantage to either of them, or does it just come down to preference,
Both are good options, it’s up to you. Personally I’d go for the TD500 as it’s got 3 included front fans, where as the Lancool Ii only has one at the front and one at the rear (unless the builder moves it)
I’ll leave you with these videos to help you decide.

And now the B550 Plus Wifi is out of stock, typical. Should I wait for it to come back in stock or just get the non-wifi version and a AX200?
Yes. The WiFi on the WiFi mobo uses the same tech so just go for the standard TUF board with the AX200 card

Raawrzy

Bronze Level Poster
Even if I'm running high demand games (e.g GTA 5, Warzone, AC etc.) would the stock cooler with the 3600 still be ok? Just want to be fully clear

ASHENTI

Silver Level Poster
I have a 3600XT running on a stock cooler and have done since I got the machine from PCS last August. Absolutely fine.