Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another one just came through.

This was released for Record Store Day in 2020, only 1000 copies and it appears no one (including me) knew about them before their latest album released last year because there are still brand new copies of this available in the shops for cost price.

Gorgon City - Realm EP EU pressing 2020

20220428_164118.jpg

smallkube

Silver Level Poster
This one is exactly as the title suggests, it's more soundscapes for meditation / therapy uses, but it's beautiful, the kind of thing you could set in the background whilst sitting on the balcony on a summers evening with a cuppa.

Singularity came in 2018 after Immunity, and is well worth picking up, that's the album that got me into him and then collected his back catalogue.

He did a collab with Brian Eno on "Small Craft On A Milk Sea" in 2020 as well which is quite eclectic, again more soundstages than a body of music, it kind of drifts together, but I like stuff like that for background music. I think that experience heavily influenced this album.
I'm not a vinyl guy but if you like a chill soundscape, and don't have it, this is a beauty. It also give proceeds to a mental health charity for extra good vibes and comes with a download code for all 29 tracks and a mix by Coldcut/Mixmaster Morris.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm not a vinyl guy but if you like a chill soundscape, and don't have it, this is a beauty. It also give proceeds to a mental health charity for extra good vibes and comes with a download code for all 29 tracks and a mix by Coldcut/Mixmaster Morris.
Awesome, I haven't heard any Coldcut since late 90's, but that does sound really beautiful, will check it out (y)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
2 more pre orders just arrived, both have had pretty significant delays.

The top is Qrion who's a Japanese producer, very traditional japanese drums and instruments merged with some really lovely trance. This is her first album and I'm really looking forward to it, I find loads of inspiration from most things from eastern Asia.

Qrion - I Hope It Lasts Forever 2022 UK release on Anjunadeep

20220429_170249.jpg

The bottom one is Tinlickers 3rd album, In Another Lifetime just released today, really looking forward to this.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
2 more have arrived from Discogs, both still sealed.

These are both from John Digweeds Bedrock label.

Top one is Bedrock XX boxset, on 5 x 12" with a signed art print inside, limited to 1000 copies

The bottom one is the Quattro II boxset, also on 5 x 12" and is signed and numbered of 1000

20220503_081428.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another RSD release

Gorgon City - Olympia Remixes RSD 2020 Limited edition of 1000, a companion EP to last years Olympia album which I have a signed copy of.

20220504_094617.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Crikey, vinyl’s coming thick and fast at your house this week! Have you had an unexpected windfall?
I've been seriously naughty this month, combination of that and some 6 month old pre orders all coming through at the same time.

But I have definitely been naughty. These Bedrock boxsets (apart from this latest one which I bought direct) were not cheap and I should have spread them out a bit, but the first Quattro Boxset is now selling for over £300 2 years after release and I know the same will happen with these and I won't be able to afford them so leapt on them.

But there are still quite a few to come.

Naughty. Naughty naughty naughty.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For you vinyl fans out there, there's a really special release just gone on preorder.

It's one of the MoFi Ultra Disc One Step pressings, these are insanely expensive at $125 and then around $50 shipping and a further roughly £30 import tax, but if any of you are vinyl fans and haven't got a UD1S, ignore the cost and buy one, you won't understand what your system is capable of until you hear one of these. They are truly mindblowing. I've only got one which is the Bridge Over Troubled Water one which was one of their early pressings when they only released about 1000 copies and weren't so popular. That copy now sells for around £750 not that I'd ever sell mine. That's not said to brag, purely to highlight how impossible these are to pick up second hand as they're instantly exorbitant prices.

They tend to do very classic rock releases, which are great, no doubt, but I have quite a modern appreciation of music. Not that I don't like the classics, but I tend to favour newer releases.

They've just announced pre orders of Eric Clapton's - Unplugged which is one of my all time favorite albums. 10,000 copies available and limited to 2 per household.

You CAN sometimes get these from UK stockists, BUT they sell out insanely fast and will cost more than importing, and I've never managed to secure one, so just buy direct now.

It's almost a certainty that they'll sell out during pre order, and as soon as that happens, they double in value on the flipper market.

Last edited:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
For you vinyl fans out there, there's a really special release just gone on preorder.

It's one of the MoFi Ultra Disc One Step pressings, these are insanely expensive at $125 and then around $50 shipping and a further roughly £30 import tax, but if any of you are vinyl fans and haven't got a UD1S, ignore the cost and buy one, you won't understand what your system is capable of until you hear one of these. They are truly mindblowing. I've only got one which is the Bridge Over Troubled Water one which was one of their early pressings when they only released about 1000 copies and weren't so popular. That copy now sells for around £750 not that I'd ever sell mine. That's not said to brag, purely to highlight how impossible these are to pick up second hand as they're instantly exorbitant prices.

They tend to do very classic rock releases, which are great, no doubt, but I have quite a modern appreciation of music. Not that I don't like the classics, but I tend to favour newer releases.

They've just announced pre orders of Eric Clapton's - Unplugged which is one of my all time favorite albums. 10,000 copies available and limited to 2 per household.

You CAN sometimes get these from UK stockists, BUT they sell out insanely fast and will cost more than importing, and I've never managed to secure one, so just buy direct now.

It's almost a certainty that they'll sell out during pre order, and as soon as that happens, they double in value on the flipper market.

I bought 2 :sneaky:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yip. My thinking is that once the dust settles I can sell the spare to cover the cost of both :D
This one I think is going to be extremely popular. I have no doubt you won't have a problem making a penny. Just going through the latest releases on the UD1S and if you look from Charles Mingus backwards, that seems to be the age where they really start to ramp up in price, I overestimated when I said they'd double instantly. https://www.discogs.com/label/1277781-UltraDisc-One-Step?sort=year&sort_order=desc Looks like it's more around the year and older that they gain value.

It all depends on that specific albums popularity which is why I think this one may have wider appeal. If you look at the Mingus one specifically, I know that's a really sought after one.

A couple arrived from "This Never Happened" label in the states, which is Lane 8's label.

The TNH Anniversary Vinyl with a selection of their biggest releases. I believe this is to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the label.

Lane8 new album - Reviver

This is my first introduction to the TNH label, I was aware of Lane 8's earlier stuff as he released a lot of it on Anjuna but I had no idea he had his own label.

20220510_155436.jpg