Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ordered this a couple of weeks back. Ahhhhh nostalgia overload :love:

e0nip1f.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Ach I'm happy enough. It was a proper game of footy, unlike the last few. Better team won fair & square. There's always next year ;)
Very gracious, good sir. And it might’ve been a different game if Morelos had been fit and playing. Season isn’t over yet so I’m not celebrating just yet.
I'm trying to rember what tracks were in the film, will have to look it up.
Bizarrely, there’s a Gang of Four song on there! Love that band!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm trying to rember what tracks were in the film, will have to look it up.
It was Young Hearts that I couldn't get out my head. We were talking about Cobra Kai in work and one of the guys walked past humming the song. Saying he couldn't get it out of his head. He mentioned "Young Hearts" and I thought..... "run free"? But he said no, and that he was talking about the Karate Kid and then proceeded to play it on his phone. After that I couldn't get the idea of it out my head so had to hunt down a copy. This one came all the way from Italy, it wasn't easy to get (nor cheap).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It was Young Hearts that I couldn't get out my head. We were talking about Cobra Kai in work and one of the guys walked past humming the song. Saying he couldn't get it out of his head. He mentioned "Young Hearts" and I thought..... "run free"? But he said no, and that he was talking about the Karate Kid and then proceeded to play it on his phone. After that I couldn't get the idea of it out my head so had to hunt down a copy. This one came all the way from Italy, it wasn't easy to get (nor cheap).

God, that is a bit of an earworm isn't it!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Thrillseekers - Reconnected Anthems Volume I

Ordered this last August, I just know this is going to be incredible, I'm not going anywhere tonight, this'll be blaring full volume!

20220408_105255.jpg

slimbob

Enthusiast
I went see Extreme live once early 90's, my mate and his sister (she had a big crush on Nuno Bettencourt) were massive fans I was not really into that kind of music but he got me a ticket trying to convert me. After the concert I was not converted but really respected the talent. One of my other mates was a die hard Iron Maiden / Slayer fanatic so I was exposed to that too and must admit I preferred Extreme to those two bands but again massive respect to the talent involved. The thing I remember about Extreme was the brilliant cover art! The little lad with the spray can was really spooky and the big bouncer on "Get The Funk Out" looked like a caricature of Lenny McLean

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
By the way @AgentCooper if you were interested in the Miles & Quincy at the Montreux and would also hugely recommend the Live At The Sands pressing also, this guy is a legendary German collector who really knows about good pressings, he reckons that Vinyl Me Please will repress these individual records at some point so you'd have the option of just getting those two / one.

I like the fact he reinforces that although it's pressed at GZ Media in Czech which gets a lot of bad press, these are phenomenal. It really bugs me sometimes where people blanketly say a factory is just bad, it's complete nonsense, it's down to each individual pressing. Some factories may have some bad QC issues but it by no means means that every press is going to be flawed.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
By the way @AgentCooper if you were interested in the Miles & Quincy at the Montreux and would also hugely recommend the Live At The Sands pressing also, this guy is a legendary German collector who really knows about good pressings, he reckons that Vinyl Me Please will repress these individual records at some point so you'd have the option of just getting those two / one.

I like the fact he reinforces that although it's pressed at GZ Media in Czech which gets a lot of bad press, these are phenomenal. It really bugs me sometimes where people blanketly say a factory is just bad, it's complete nonsense, it's down to each individual pressing. Some factories may have some bad QC issues but it by no means means that every press is going to be flawed.
That’s a brilliant heads up, thank you!

Although the only high fidelity noises I’m likely to be hearing in the coming months are the screams of baby Cooper. Three weeks until he’s here! It is truly brown trousers time 😬

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Police - Greatest Hits on new Half Speed Mastered Abbey Road press just released.

I have an original copy of this but it's seen better days and these half speed mastered versions are always superb.

20220416_093321.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ooooo, heads up, not sure if you guys keep up with it but yesterday was the first Record Store Day of the year, I think they're doing a couple of drops this year.

I've only come across this one just now, had no idea which is a little frustrating, but Jon Hopkins has released 1000 numbered copies of his second album "Contact Note" which previously was never released on vinyl. It's standard black vinyl but I have no doubt will be very high quality.

His stuff tends to sell out pretty quick and the flippers on Discogs are reselling for around £100 (how very dare they!).

BUT, there may be a possibility of picking one up, although as soon as they're listed in the online stores, they'll sell out fast.

But Rough Trade has a listing ready to go live on Friday 29th: https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/jon-hopkins/contact-note-b7d363ab-b987-43cd-9282-36ff09f8d792

And Juno in the UK also has a listing ready to go live on the 30th: https://www.juno.co.uk/products/jon-hopkins-contact-note/867050-01/

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Gorgon City - Escape VG+ from Discogs

This was their second album from 2018. This copy was £30 whereas most were selling it nearer the £100 mark (for sealed) so this was a real bargain.

Aside from 1 small hairline scratch on the second disk which doesn't affect play, I would say the vinyl is nearer NM. Really happy with this.

20220426_174517.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Don't judge me! I really like "Woman In Love", my mum used to play it loads when we were kids and it's kinda burnt in my brain. Plus this albums success is mostly down to Barry Gibbs influence anyway, legend that he is.

So there

20220428_122453.jpg