Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've got a seriously special one arriving tomorrow, absolutely can't wait, this will be one of the most important ones in my collection!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So these aren't the one I'm hugely awaiting but both important nevertheless

The Doors - Morrison Hotel, the analogue productions 45rpm. Just one more in the set to go which is on it's way.

Nirvana - Nevermind, the 2013 US Bernie Grundman copy done from original tapes pressed at Pallas in Germany which is highly regarded as one of the best pressing plants on the planet. An original is the copy you really want, but they can go for £300 nowadays for a good copy, although I will likely get one one day as it's quite a nice one to have an original of. This one is the next best thing, I was surprised to find one still sealed at what was a steal of a price, very happy.

I have a 2008 version but it's not that great.

Scan from 2024-03-15 10_28_52 AMCensored.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And it's here, I've been waiting for this for a year, my favourite album of all time, such a work of art. The lead singer on this, Justine Suissa just has the most buttery smooth beautiful voice.

Above & Beyond Presents Oceanlab - Sirens Of the Sea Anthology box.

There's too much in here to snap it all.

Scan from 2024-03-15 01_05_31 PM.jpg

20240315_130711619_iOS.jpg

20240315_130838394_iOS.jpg

20240315_131016988_iOS.jpg

20240315_130933916_iOS.jpg

20240315_130859985_iOS.jpg

ReleaseFormat-1434158-235472.jpg

To summarise:

Original 'Sirens of the Sea' 2xLP album (the album came out in 2008 but wasn't released on vinyl until the 10th anniversary, and they've not repressed it. The album alone now sells for around £550 for a good copy which is just insane)
Four exclusive single LPs
Exclusive 10inch 'Another Chance' single
Exclusive booklet

Exclusive bonus contents

• OceanLab slipmat
  • A2-sized OceanLab poster printed on 140gsm offset paper
  • Individually numbered OceanLab message card, in glassine envelope featuring a message from Justine, Tony, Paavo, and Jono
And just as an example of how wholly mesmerising this album is:

Last edited:

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Either my eye are really tired, or this picture is really out of focus :D
And it's here, I've been waiting for this for a year, my favourite album of all time, such a work of art. The lead singer on this, Justine Suissa just has the most buttery smooth beautiful voice.

Above & Beyond Presents Oceanlab - Sirens Of the Sea Anthology box.

There's too much in here to snap it all.

View attachment 40462
View attachment 40463
View attachment 40464
View attachment 40465
View attachment 40466
View attachment 40467
View attachment 40468
To summarise:

Original 'Sirens of the Sea' 2xLP album (the album came out in 2008 but wasn't released on vinyl until the 10th anniversary, and they've not repressed it. The album alone now sells for around £550 for a good copy which is just insane)
Four exclusive single LPs
Exclusive 10inch 'Another Chance' single
Exclusive booklet

Exclusive bonus contents

• OceanLab slipmat
  • A2-sized OceanLab poster printed on 140gsm offset paper
  • Individually numbered OceanLab message card, in glassine envelope featuring a message from Justine, Tony, Paavo, and Jono
And just as an example of how wholly mesmerising this album is:

bye the way, this look amazing ^^

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple through today all by Hania Rani who is a neo classical musician

Top - Home
Bottom left - Ghosts
Bottom Right - Esja

Scan from 2024-03-21 01_37_36 PM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is a really cool one, just done by Vinyl Me Please for their 25th Anniversary. I'm such a huge fan of Tribe Called Quest, they really were groundbreaking.

A Tribe Called Quest - The Love Movement, 3 disks on smoke vinyl

Played it tonight, this thing is absolutely fantastic!

Scan from 2024-03-21 04_44_43 PM.jpg

R-30157496-1711041520-1699.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The final of the Analogue Productions Doors releases has arrived, so pleased to finish off the collection, these are all remarkable

The Doors - Soft Parade Analogue Productions 45rpm

Scan from 2024-03-22 01_16_15 PM.jpg

And then a real collectors item. This is so Alice In Chains, dark as hell, twisted, yet beautifully thoughtful for their fans. This is celebrating the 30th Anniversary of what I consider their best album (actually an EP) called Jar Of Flies. It was often paired up with another EP they did called Sap and I have a 2014 copy of those two combined EPs which is really good. But this record is one of my 90's highlights. For anyone that doesn't know them, their lead singer, Layne Staley had one of the most powerful and unique voices ever really. He was a seriously talented guy, and the complex harmonies that these guys achieved which were always a little off the expected notes hit so damn hard. Layne had a really troubled life and unfortunately got pulled in to heroin and crack addiction, further than even most addicts go. He died from an overdose in 2002, and his last years were pretty torturous. In 1996 they managed to record the MTV Live performance which is absolutely incredible, even though Layne is obviously so near his wits end.

So this is the Jar Of Flies 30th Anniversary box set which contains:

Logo embossed jar with a touch activated red LED light with faux flies.

3D lenticular poster

Jar of Flies Tri Colour Vinyl

60 page hardcover book

24" x 24" poster

Packaged in a screen printed, UV coated 4.5" H shadow box

20240322_130158590_iOS.jpg

20240322_130342618_iOS.jpg

20240322_131404601_iOS.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

They actually released a clear vinyl edition with REAL FLIES embedded in the vinyl which I was hugely after, but they only made 150, and they were sold out by the time I got the notification the sales were live. I was really lucky to get one of the box sets actually, cos they sold out quick too as well as the standalone tri colour vinyl copies.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ayla - Ayla, a classic track from 1999

And an all time classic, I really want their album that was released in 1992 which includes all the hits, but it's one of those that was so heavily hammered to death that it's really hard to find one in NM condition. The hunt continues. In the meantime, I'll get their big 12" singles.

Altern 8 - Activ 8 (Come With Me), these guys really brought underground rave into the mainstream in the UK, this and Evapor 8 were HUGE hits when I was at school, just love the sound!

Scan from 2024-03-26 10_25_10 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
2 really important ones today.

Chicane - Far From The Maddening Crowds (Symphonic Rehearsals). This is the first album reinterpreted with a full orchestra. Now this kind of thing has been done to death by a lot of artists where IMHO, it's just really poorly done and they've tried to recreate the existing music just with an orchestra (thinking Pete Tongs efforts). But once in a while, artists do really incredible jobs where they recreate the music in slightly different styles to suit the orchestra, thinking of the Above & Beyond Acoustic series (which were one of the first to do it), Moby's Resound NYC (which is incredible), and Evanescence's Sythesis particularly.

If any album was created with the complexity and variation that an Orchestra could expand on, it's this one, really excited to see what he's done.

DeadMau5 - album title goes here, originally released in 2012, first time on vinyl.

Scan from 2024-03-27 11_02_46 AM.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's finally here, the Godspeed limited edition vinyl, one side the score, the other side is Bowie tracks

Only 200 made, this is a great one for the collection!

Scan from 2024-03-28 12_13_48 PM.jpg

Scan from 2024-03-28 12_15_53 PM.jpg

20240328_121829904_iOS.jpg