Start Up

Dene76

Hi all,

The past couple of days I've logged on and I've had tp reset my date / time because it keeps resetting to 00:00 1/1/2000.

Any ideas?

pengipete

Rising Star
Don't know if it's relevent but there have been a few reports of the Asus P6x58D motherboard losing BIOS settings - including the clock - when the PC is powered off at the PSU (as opposed to just Shutdown or switched off at the front). It's not happened to everyone and in some cases, the problem appeared out of the blue. If that applies to Dene76, the latest version of BIOS - 1306 - seems to have cured the problem (as long as they performed a CMOS reset after installing the update). No information on the root cause of the problem but my money's on a conflict with some element of W7's ACPI handling.

Meds

Dene76,

Can you please updated us on how you're getting along? If you're unsure on how to perform a BIOS update then feel free to contact our Tech Support on 0844 499 4000. It's a straight forward procedure and will only take a few minutes.

If it fails, we will then be able to send a CMOS Battery via Royal Mail.

Dene76

Hi all,

Problem solved.
I rang PCS and Mustafa changed some settings in the BIOS which were not right [I don't know how they got like that :-( but it is all solved now.

Dene76

Hi all,

Problem not solved :-(
Booted up this morning and again I get the set up screen and date / time is reset to 00:00 1/1/2000.
Any other ideas?

Gorman

Author Level
The BIOS is resetting for some reason, this can be caused by a host of things.

Most common is an expired battery or even just a plain old faulty motherboard.

I would have another chat with the call centre and see how they can best arrange a repair.

pengipete

Rising Star
Random reset-to-defaults were being reported on a couple of Asus motherboards - not many cases but all with the same problem. On the threads I followed on the Asus forums, those who updated the threads say that the latest BIOS releases resolved the issue.

Dene76

Hi all,

I have replaced the battery but I still get the same issue on START UP, time and sate reset to 00:00 01/01/2002.
However, if I make the necessary changes and restart, then everything is fine.

Help!