Steam Summer Sale 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakk

The Awesome
Dammit, I've been trying to buy a game for the last hour and it keeps timing out (at least I presume that's whats happening, I doubt my credit card would block a payment to Steam - the Steam error message is that my card was declined but I think the Steam store is just timing out) .....

Rakk

The Awesome
I was getting that thinking it was the bank!
Having just checked with the bank (given that I tried about 4 times I thought I'd better checked that I hadn't locked it by over-trying) they've had nothing come through, so it is just the Steam transaction thing timing out at a guess.

Yamikotai

Expert
HELL YEAH, Brave New World for £13.39. It only came out yesterday. Also picked up Civ V Gold (Main game + loads of DLC + G&K expansion) for me mum.

rickne

Master Poster
Euro truck 2, Skyrim dragonborn dlc, Dont starve, Rogue Legacy(cheaper via Humble bundle) , Scribblenauts. 3 holiday trading cards so far.

Akerific

Silver Level Poster
Too many choices i want them all! Will probably have a go at Borderlands 2 never played it but heard good things!

Greenman

Enthusiast
For those getting the declined error message, try purchasing through steam via a web browser, worked for me.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
The Steam iphone and Android app seems to be working fine too fyi

I perked up when someone mentioned the app earlier in the thread.

Then, as ever, I noticed once again, like everytime I like the look of an app...its iOS and Android only :( (its like somehow Windows all of a sudden became some small fry made by a nobody company so they just ignore it!)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
I perked up when someone mentioned the app earlier in the thread.

Then, as ever, I noticed once again, like everytime I like the look of an app...its iOS and Android only :( (its like somehow Windows all of a sudden became some small fry made by a nobody company so they just ignore it!)

Yeah see what you mean, i personally thought that would have been a sure bet.

Theres an app called Stem Center but i get the feeling theres no purchasing options

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Yeah, I was doing that anyways, I don't have the Steam client on my machine at work :)

I always forget this. I have no idea what my password etc is for Steam, and don't want to faff with it at work. Might have to sort that tonight so I can get on the browser and buy stuff here...

...though its Saturday tomorrow so rather a moo point now (for a couple of days anyway)

Aster1on

For those getting the declined error message, try purchasing through steam via a web browser, worked for me.

I was getting that message last night, about 4/5 times I tried, them I tried adding funds to my Steam Wallet and it worked! Might have been a lucky try though.
Anyway that might be a good idea for future steam sales, get some funds in the wallet a couple of days before the sale starts and avoid this declined error.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Just got a Euro Truck Simulator card worth a fiver :D

Just thought I'd let you know, and its a great game by the way. More fun than you think!

lee50_10

Bronze Level Poster
Just got a Euro Truck Simulator card worth a fiver :D

Just thought I'd let you know, and its a great game by the way. More fun than you think!

did you sell the card? i was tempted to pick the game up when it was on deal if i knew i could have made a fiver back i would of.

Status
Not open for further replies.