Surely this is a mistake?

Xavier95

Ordered placed 22nd - build date 1st. To be fair this has kind of made me even more excited to get the 3080 considering I was mentally preparing myself to wait for 2 months...

Rakk

The Awesome
Can we get a poll on how many 3080 orders were placed on the day of release, and then days after to maybe see the scale??
Do remember though that I suspect only a small percentage of people who order through PCS ever visit the forums, so it seems unlikely you'd get an even remotely accurate number from a poll here :(

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Do remember though that I suspect only a small percentage of people who order through PCS ever visit the forums, so it seems unlikely you'd get an even remotely accurate number from a poll here :(
Absolutely, very few customers will be on the forums.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'm happy that the confusion was sorted out for everyone. :)

I think we can learn from this thread however, and I've been a tad concerned by the desire to be the first to spread the news on what the problem actually was...

On this thread alone we've had claims that PCS were out of 3080 cards - which lead to at least one person considering cancelling their order and a great many throwing up their hands in horror and calling it some kind of sick joke. Then it was suggested that the delay was because PCS are out of logos - resulting in the predictable posts asking why a 2k build was held up for stickers, or whether they couldn't just leave the logos off and ship the PC. Then we had someone confidently stating that the hold had been removed for everyone and that everyone's build dates will go back to normal. We've also had someone equally confidently stating that it's an admin error and a mass email is being sent to everyone - which may well cause those not receiving said email to become very concerned.

We all need to realise that what we say on here impacts other people. @SpyderTracks was on top of this problem very quickly (and rightly so in my view), but few people wanted to listen to his attempt to calm people down and avoid misunderstandings and the upset that these can cause

It's perfectly acceptable to quote what has been said to you by PCS on the phone or in a chat and to publish an email that was sent to you by PCS (as long as you are 100% certain that it was not said or sent in confidence). What we must all avoid doing however, is generalising from our own specific case. To do so may create unreasonable expectations or cause a great deal of distress to others.

Threads like this are important for mutual support and for finding out whether you're an exception or whether others are in the same boat. That's a useful and important positive feature of the forums and we want to encourage that. What we don't want is for others to be frightened or worried, or even get themselves worked up and angry, based on a generalisation from something PCS told you that you cannot know applies to anyone else. :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm happy that the confusion was sorted out for everyone. :)

I think we can learn from this thread however, and I've been a tad concerned by the desire to be the first to spread the news on what the problem actually was...

On this thread alone we've had claims that PCS were out of 3080 cards - which lead to at least one person considering cancelling their order and a great many throwing up their hands in horror and calling it some kind of sick joke. Then it was suggested that the delay was because PCS are out of logos - resulting in the predictable posts asking why a 2k build was held up for stickers, or whether they couldn't just leave the logos off and ship the PC. Then we had someone confidently stating that the hold had been removed for everyone and that everyone's build dates will go back to normal. We've also had someone equally confidently stating that it's an admin error and a mass email is being sent to everyone - which may well cause those not receiving said email to become very concerned.

We all need to realise that what we say on here impacts other people. @SpyderTracks was on top of this problem very quickly (and rightly so in my view), but few people wanted to listen to his attempt to calm people down and avoid misunderstandings and the upset that these can cause

It's perfectly acceptable to quote what has been said to you by PCS on the phone or in a chat and to publish an email that was sent to you by PCS (as long as you are 100% certain that it was not said or sent in confidence). What we must all avoid doing however, is generalising from our own specific case. To do so may create unreasonable expectations or cause a great deal of distress to others.

Threads like this are important for mutual support and for finding out whether you're an exception or whether others are in the same boat. That's a useful and important positive feature of the forums and we want to encourage that. What we don't want is for others to be frightened or worried, or even get themselves worked up and angry, based on a generalisation from something PCS told you that you cannot know applies to anyone else. :)
Perfectly put!

For anyone interested in the scale of orders, I put in an order at 3pm on the 17th, then needed to cancel to re-order through another configurator. When I called to do that on the evening of the 17th I was told there had been around 440 builds ordered to that point – obviously that could be wrong, but I think the scale – hundreds, not thousands – feels right to me.

steaky360

Very late to this myself (busy morning), I see its already resolved but I noted also that @PCS Robb also confirmed on the Discord (Link: PCS Discord) that the 25th Nov email was in error and everyone should have received an updated estimated date now.

I stress that from what I read in the email I received, its still just an estimate.

Fingers toes and whatever other appendages crossed :)

Skyco

I ordered on the 17th at 14:19, and i've just had email confirmation the build starts on Monday. So that is promising, although i'll not hold my breath in seeing anything arrive next week. Fingers crossed.

Gavras

Master Poster
I have a spare logo if anyone wants it?

Having a glorious 500D SE case, the PCS label was spoiling the aesthetics.

A bit like I tend to have cars debadged lol.

Metal3x

I ordered on the 18th and I've got a build date of the 28th September, will keep an eye on it but like you all I can live without my PCS logos!

Specs: 3800x, RTX3080, 32GB RAM, X570 Mobo, nothing terrible exciting outside of the 3080!

Xavier95

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but It seems PCS don't know what's going on.

Time line:

- 22nd 9am order 3080 build
- 24th sent email support asking build time
- 25th received email saying 2 months
- 25th received updated email saying build date 1st October
- 26th received email in reply to support saying 3 to 4 weeks for 3080 to come in.

Quoting 26th email: "Thank you for the email and processing an order with ourselves. At this moment in time we are waiting on the 3080 graphics cards to arrive, as they are trickling in at the moment. At this moment in time, we are quoting between 3 to 4 weeks for any orders with the new RTX 3080 or 3090 NVIDIA graphics cards, due to the shortages currently being experienced."

Maybe this is because I put my order a few days after release but just forewarning, don't get your hopes up

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but It seems PCS don't know what's going on.

Time line:

- 22nd 9am order 3080 build
- 24th sent email support asking build time
- 25th received email saying 2 months
- 25th received updated email saying build date 1st October
- 26th received email in reply to support saying 3 to 4 weeks for 3080 to come in.

Quoting 26th email: "Thank you for the email and processing an order with ourselves. At this moment in time we are waiting on the 3080 graphics cards to arrive, as they are trickling in at the moment. At this moment in time, we are quoting between 3 to 4 weeks for any orders with the new RTX 3080 or 3090 NVIDIA graphics cards, due to the shortages currently being experienced."

Maybe this is because I put my order a few days after release but just forewarning, don't get your hopes up
As stated many times, no supplier has any idea on stock levels because nvidia is not being transparent with them, it’s literally a case of when they’ve been built they’re sent off to the next person in the list. This is worldwide.

Any estimate you receive is just that, an estimate. It’s not possible to give absolute time frames currently.

D

Deleted member 103489

3-4 weeks seems more realistic for the time frame.. stock levels are just crazy low right now.

Also checking my facebook i use loads of 3d rendering groups and a lot have been unlucky getting either 3080/90.. because they have been sold out :-( down to very low stock.

Steve_Kay

I've just received this. Apparently 14:07 on launch day was too late to guarantee a card within a few weeks of the order being processed
20201002_204452.jpg

Last edited:

lowpolyjasmine

I've just received this. Apparently 14:07 on launch day was too late to guarantee a card within a few weeks of the order being processed
View attachment 18782
I just got the same email and my order went through at 14:04 on release date. I'm gonna see if I can find out whereabouts my order is in the queue as lots of people are saying their orders are being built/tested already. It is what it is, I suppose!

GeaCon

Just seen this thread I just got an email saying I couldn't get an ETA from reading this it doesn't look good.