Tablet

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Just placed my order for this:

Chassis & Display
Gemini: 11.6" 10 Point Multi-Touch HD LED Widescreen (1366x768)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i3 Dual Core Mobile Processor i3-3227U (1.90GHz) 3MB
Memory (RAM)
4GB KINGSTON SODIMM DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics
1st Hard Disk
256GB Plextor PX-256M5M mSATA SSD (upto 540MB/sR | 430MB/sW)
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® N135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery
11.6" Gemini Series 9 Cell Battery (up to 8.5 Hours Media Playback)
Power Cable
1 x UK Power Lead & 65W AC Adaptor
Operating System
Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard Language
Gemini Series Dockable UK Notebook Keyboard
Webcam
INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Insurance
1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH
Quantity

Main use: Microsoft office, Remote Desktop and watching movies.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Your order has now been built and is awaiting testing and configuration.
Hoping to get it by Wednesday.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I got it today and I am pretty impressed with the quality of the chassis and screen. Need to keep testing for a couple of days before deciding to return it or keep it. Anyone knows if I could connect to the internet by using a USB-Ethernet adapter?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I got it today and I am pretty impressed with the quality of the chassis and screen. Need to keep testing for a couple of days before deciding to return it or keep it. Anyone knows if I could connect to the internet by using a USB-Ethernet adapter?

Awesome man! some pics would be good! And yeh you should have no problem using a USB-ethernet adapter, I think Windows carries generic drivers for this although whatever one you order is likely to have drivers on a disc or something :)

steaky360

I'm sure you would be able to use an adapter but I'd have thought the wireless would be good enough for web browsing and what not.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I'm sure you would be able to use an adapter but I'd have thought the wireless would be good enough for web browsing and what not.
I am having problems connecting wireless at work. Either takes too long to connect or can't connect at all.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Need to keep testing for a couple of days before deciding to return it or keep it

Not possible.

You obviously missed the new Terms PCS added at the start of the year:

NGB.jpg

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Just ordered a killer 1202 wireless card to replace the intel N135. I would not recommend the intel card to anyone, I have multiple issues with the card (slow download, poor reception even close to the router, keeps disconnecting..........). I only need instructions on how to replace it so hopefully it goes well.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
IMG_0438[1].jpg
IMG_0436[1].jpg
IMG_0435[1].jpg
I need to replace the wireless card but I am having problems trying to open the case, instructions provided by PCS indicate I should remove the Mylar first but can't see how :wacko:
This is what the manual says:
Capture.JPG

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Those might just be the least helpful pictures to show off a PC/Laptop/Tablet that have ever been posted here :)

Also, you can't very well expect to be able to remove something just because you've given it a made up name...

steaky360

Have you unscrewed the stand thingy? In your pics there are two screws 'inside', it might reveal further screws if you take that off?

My take from the instruction booklet would be the 'mylar' is the bit that you pull out (ie stand?)

Keynes, you should do a taredown of the tablet ;) Step-by-step guide :)

Either its that, or its the entire back cover? But to me it looks as though the 'stand' should come off first?

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Those might just be the least helpful pictures to show off a PC/Laptop/Tablet that have ever been posted here :)

Also, you can't very well expect to be able to remove something just because you've given it a made up name...

Helpful as usual :) + rep

Have you unscrewed the stand thingy? In your pics there are two screws 'inside', it might reveal further screws if you take that off?

My take from the instruction booklet would be the 'mylar' is the bit that you pull out (ie stand?)

Keynes, you should do a taredown of the tablet Step-by-step guide

Either its that, or its the entire back cover? But to me it looks as though the 'stand' should come off first?
I am rubbish at DIY, I can't reach the screws inside the Mylar or take it out

steaky360

I think the mylar stuff is just the black stuff on the stand (does it feel like a fabric of some kind?) will just pull off the back of the stand, you might need a flathead screwdriver or a thin blade (you might need an adult to help :D) to get it off, it will probably just peel back. I'd suggest peeling from the top where the screws are and only pulling a small amount off.

23mu7va.png

I wrote sticker, but I mean it looks stuck on, so it should pull off and you could probably get it stuck back after you're done (or ask for a replacement from PCS).

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Ah, i think you need the special tool for tablet PC's. It looks like one of these... You can get different sizes though, for apple products you need a big one, but for little tablets a normal size one will do matey :)

Hope this helps :)

CLICKY