Tablet

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Ah, i think you need the special tool for tablet PC's. It looks like one of these... You can get different sizes though, for apple products you need a big one, but for little tablets a normal size one will do matey :)

Hope this helps :)

CLICKY

Negative rep

I think the mylar stuff is just the black stuff on the stand (does it feel like a fabric of some kind?) will just pull off the back of the stand, you might need a flathead screwdriver or a thin blade (you might need an adult to help ) to get it off, it will probably just peel back. I'd suggest peeling from the top where the screws are and only pulling a small amount off.
You were correct, it was a sticker. Need to get the appropriate Phillips screwdriver now.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Sounds like bullying, threatening and intimidating threats to me....

1st warning ;)

Wasn't a threat...the Negative rep was given. Therefore no warnings needed, just a ban.

You know, abuse the power etc etc...

...wait, that isn't why you wanted to be a mod? Someone demote this man, he's in it for the wrong reasons!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Can't open the tablet.... I think I am going use the hammer now... I am rubbish at this

steaky360

How can't you open it? Did you remove the stand and the six screws from the base? You'll need a flat screwdriver or similar to prise it apart carefully I'd guess.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
The manual says there are 8 screws but only 6 visible. 2 on the Mylar and 4 on the side.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Can you tell where it's still fixed if it isn't opening?

Haven't try the screws on the side yet, I can't get a screwdriver small enough. I was just checking the manual and it indicates 6 screws by the side but only 4 are visible

Last edited:

steaky360

Yeah I can see those 4 it looks as though the other two are still covered, or perhaps recessed at the edges. Will be worth a check when you get the time

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Yeah I can see those 4 it looks as though the other two are still covered, or perhaps recessed at the edges. Will be worth a check when you get the time

If I can't get the wireless working properly I will have to send it back for a refund so I am a bit apprehensive of taking the rubber bits on the 2 sides, I tried but it is not going off easily.

steaky360

Will PCS not fit it for you?

The rubber bits should just be plugs and should just come out with some gentle persuasion

steaky360

I think that would be cheaper than the admin fee you'll pay for cancelling. But that is just my opinion.