Terrible experience so far :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny123

Bright Spark
It gets worse...

Ok so my terrible experience with pcs contunes if youve seen my other post about this

Opened the box and there was no battery(I checked everywhere in the box),I phoned pcs and just as i did i was about to plug in the power supply to make sure the laptop turned on but realised that it was the wrong power supply.They said the laptop section was phoned and to phone back tomorrow. I recieved the battery and power plug

But there was still the problem of my screen res being 1600x900 instead of 1920x1080 and me having the wrong hardrive.So we phoned up today the guy on the phone used a program to check the res of my screen,at the end of it he figured that they put in the wrong screen and im going to have to send it back.

The hardrive (I ordered a 1tb scorpio blue along with a ssd) but on the phone they guy is saying that i didnt order the 1tb hardrive and i ordered the 750gb black hdd (Which they dont even sell?!)and theyve given me a upgrade from the 750gb black to the 750gb blue (even though i ordered the 1tb hdd).

also since this theres been another problem,all other devices in my house work fine with the router but my laptop however (On wifi) keeps disconnection every 5 minutes or so (Which caused problems when i had to share my screen over wifi with the guy on the phone)at the end of the phonecall i asked my dad to ask about some sort of compensation or something (As there has been so many problems and im now not going to have a laptop when i got my week off shcool and other people have suggested i asked for free upgrades as the terrible experience (Btw i payed over £1200 for this)and i dont know if this was meant to be funny but he said ok ill upgrade to you to the 1tb hardrive for free -.-(I ordered the 1tb hardrive).

before now ive had many laptops beetween £600-£700 from different companies (i only payed £1200 for this one because ive saved money over a long time) and from those £700 laptops ive never had to send one back and theres never been problems like this.

Sorry for the huge text but i could write alot more things thats wrong with this company.but i think ive wrote enough already.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonny123

Bright Spark
For proof i ordered the 1tb hardrive:
When i ordered (On phone) they said nothing however when my mum got off the phone to them they phoned my dads phone and said The 1tb blue scorpio is out of stock and because of the inconvience you had before ordering (Another downside to this company)were going to upgrade this drive free of charge and get it out asap.
Now im being told i didnt order the 1tb hardrive.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
So first there was no battery and power lead, but you have them now, so that's sorted.

Ya resolution is 1600x900? what laptop do you have?

have you checked your invoice, it will tell you what hard drive you originally ordered.

The wifi problem is likely easy fix, but first what router do you have? what kinda house do you live in? sounds odd I know, but houses with big thick walls reduce the effectiveness of wifi. Do you have cordless/wireless telephones? or neighbours nearby? These interfere with wifi as they use the same frequency often causes the wifi to drop. microwaves and sound systems can also interfere with wireless too. what wifi card do you have mate?

infact can you just post up ya spec mate, ya can find it on ya log in on the main site, then just copy and paste it. See if i can help any issues.

Tom

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
It rights like he ordered the 750 and then as he had a problem was told they would upgrade him to a 1tb. but now they have renegged on that or someone who offed the free upgrade didnt tell the builder.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ya resolution is 1600x900? what laptop do you have?Skyfire

have you checked your invoice, it will tell you what hard drive you originally ordered.as youll see in the next few lines,It says i ordered the 750gb black hardrive but they dont sell them and i know for a fact i ordered the 1tb as they phoned my dad and said the 1tb scorpio blue hds you ordered are out of stock well give you a free upgrade.

The wifi problem is likely easy fix, but first what router do you have? what kinda house do you live in? sounds odd I know, but houses with big thick walls reduce the effectiveness of wifi. Do you have cordless/wireless telephones? or neighbours nearby? These interfere with wifi as they use the same frequency often causes the wifi to drop. microwaves and sound systems can also interfere with wireless too. what wifi card do you have mate?The router is in my room right next to my laptop,Im sure all the things posted will effect wireless however i can have my ipod,My sisters ipad,My mums and my sisters laptop and other devices connecting to the interent from various rooms (Along with my computer)all with standard wifi cards and they can be connected at same time all working fine,Even if i turn off everything in my house (All wifi devices)the laptop being the only thing on wifi its still disconnecting every 5-10mins surely thats nothing to do with my house or router.

infact can you just post up ya spec mate, ya can find it on ya log in on the main site, then just copy and paste it. See if i can help any issues.

Heres the full spec as on the order thing-
SkyFire:17.3" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-2670QM (2.20GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
3.0GB nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 570M - DirectX® 11
Memory - Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)-It says changed to 750gb scorpio blue(Downgrade not recived the cash for the downgrade and there saying its a upgrade,Even though i ordered the 1tb.
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 4 in 1 Card Reader (SDXC/MMC/MS/XD)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless
GIGABIT LAN & INTEL WIRELESS 802.11N CARD INC. BLUETOOTH 3.0
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 3 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery
SkyFire Series 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x UK Power Lead & 180W AC Adaptor
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Keyboard Language
INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Notebook Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 720P 30 FPS HD WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£69)
Insurance
1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 5 to 7 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,238.00 including VAT and delivery.

Thanks for responding.

jonny123

Bright Spark
No,I ordered the 1tb hardrive in the first place,They phoned my dad and said speciffacly the 1tb blue scorpio drive you have ordered is out of stock due to inconvinence before you placed your order we will upgrade this drive with no extra cost and try to get the laptop out as quick as possible.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Sorry ill try explain it better (No idont have scorpio black)
I orderd the 1tb hardrive scorpio blue,On the order from it says the my first choice hardrive was a 750gb scorpio black but then underneath it it says ammended to 750gb scorpio blue which i have now (I knew nothing about this ammendment untill i looked and the blue scorpio is worse than the black so even if i ordered the black theyve ammended it to a lower hdd without telling me and not giving any cash back for it.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I get ya mate, I understand ya mega annoyed, but I'd calmly give them a bell and discuss it mate.

jonny123

Bright Spark
I have and theyve said i need to send it back to get a new screen but there saying that i ordered the black scorpio 750gb and they give me a upgrade to the blue scorpio but thats a downgrade?i dont know what else to do because there persiting that i didnt order the 1tb hardrive and there saying that they "upgraded it from a scorpio black to a scorpio blue".
Thanks for your help

Rakk

The Awesome
Opened the box and there was no battery(I checked everywhere in the box),I phoned pcs and just as i did i was about to plug in the power supply to make sure the laptop turned on but realised that it was the wrong power supply.They said the laptop section was phoned and to phone back tomorrow. I recieved the battery and power plug
So that's been sorted then

But there was still the problem of my screen res being 1600x900 instead of 1920x1080 and me having the wrong hardrive.So we phoned up today the guy on the phone used a program to check the res of my screen,at the end of it he figured that they put in the wrong screen and im going to have to send it back.
So this is being dealt with

The hardrive (I ordered a 1tb scorpio blue along with a ssd) but on the phone they guy is saying that i didnt order the 1tb hardrive and i ordered the 750gb black hdd (Which they dont even sell?!)and theyve given me a upgrade from the 750gb black to the 750gb blue (even though i ordered the 1tb hdd).
I think the problem here is there is some confusion (possibly on both sides for all I know), if the 750GB was not available on the configurator at the time then it would not have been selectable, just because it isn't available now doesn't mean it was when you ordered, for a start I can't see the 1TB one either at the moment (and whether it was available at the time I do not know).

The order would not have been changed from a 1TB to a 750GB Black without you been told about it and it being marked on your order tracking as a change, just like how it shows the change form the 750Black to the 750Blue (which you said your Dad was told about I think, though possibly incorrectly told it was an upgrade - I only know what I've read in your posts, I don't know what actually happened), it is possible you selected the 750GB thinking you had selected a 1TB?

PS. I've merged your two threads, since it's basically the same thing, and means interested readers need only check one thread for updates.

jonny123

Bright Spark
No as far as me and my dad were concerned we ordered the 1tb hardrive and from the phonecall my dad recived straight after the order they knew we ordered it too.So the guy one the phone told my dad the 1tb scorpio blue harddrive you ordered is out of stock we will upgrade this for no extra cost.So as far as me and him was concerned at this time we all knew the 1tb hardrive was orderd but it was out of stock,Me and my dad just assumed we would get a upgrade to the 1tb hardrive we originally orderd,But on the order form it says we ordered the 750gb scorpio black but it was later ammended to the scorpio blue (We were not made aware of us getting the scorpio blue) so if i ordered the 750gb scorpio why would the guy say the 1tb scorpio blue hdd you orderd was out of stock?Why would me and my dad assume we were getting that drive or a upgrade?.
Off that point lets just say i didnt order the 1tb hardrive i ordered the 750gb scorpio black then they ammended it to the 750gb scorpio blue (We were not made aware of it,Only just realised after checking it)They said we recived a free upgrade but what actully happend is we paid for a scorpio black but we got a scorpio blue with no refund?
Again thanks for helping with making the posts easier,I just thought it needed a new thread but it is easier all in one thread thank you

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
This seems to be a right mess, which really sucks. Having 3 people in the ordering process can't have helped much though, have you spoken to anyone at PCS yourself or is this all kind of 2nd hand info?

Your wifi issue could be anything to be honest, it sounds like some sort of interference. Are you on a cordless phone to the PCS guys? If so that could be it, wifi and some cordless phones don't get on well. Are you getting this when not on the phone at all?

Are you 100% sure that over the phone they put in the 1TB scorpio blue and not a 1TB standard drive? If they added a standard drive then a scorpio is an upgrade, even if it has slightly less capacity.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Nah its my mums/dads account and everything so my dads done most of the phoning etc,And we didnt configure it on the phone,we configured it on the comp done everything but failed the finance so we just phoned up and bought it with cash (We had to phone up because it was after the skyfire went out of stock and they kept me one because i like half ordered then didnt pass the finance thing.So they just used the spec on my order form which had the 1tb hardrive.No i wasent using a cordless phone and yes its always disconnection when off the phone,Atm ive just turned it off and im using my computer for the internet.
Ive spoke to pcs and people from pcs on forums/pm but not on the phone.
Thanks for posting

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Very strange indeed.

Just to recap.

You have the wrong screen, a dodgy wireless card the wrong HDD and a have had issues with the battery/power brick?

That seems like a monumental cock-up if it's all true.

Were you present when your mum/dad was on the phone with the initial order? Also for the follow up to change the HDD, i have a feeling the HDD issue could be down to some sort of miscommunication between you and your parents? Even someone who is fairly up on computers is probably not going to know the finer points of why a scorpio blu isn't as fast as a scorpio black etc? Most people would go by size alone i would geuss, were you involved in deciding what was to happen at all?

On the screen, it seems really odd to be given totaly the wrong resolution. Was the skyfire offered with multiple resolutions? If not then i would bet on a driver issue.

Have you tried the laptop in different places to try and get a better signal at all? Does it show full signal then just suddenly drop out or so you aways have low signal strength? Could be an issue with the drivers, i would do a clean install on the drivers if your sure it's not your router/any other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.