Terrible experience so far :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Very strange indeed.

Just to recap.

You have the wrong screen, a dodgy wireless card the wrong HDD and a have had issues with the battery/power brick?

That seems like a monumental cock-up if it's all true.

Yep i agree,The was no battery and the wrong psu which is one issue deffiantly on pcs part(Although they fixed it pretty well,The screen is defo the wrong one too,I checked drivers,Screen res,control pannel etc and then a guy from pcs controlled my screen and also done some checkes and its deffiantly the wrong screen so thats on pcs or the laptop maker too,The wireless card,there seems to be a issue with as other people have said it could be something to do with my router etc but i very much doubt it is as everything else works fine with it.As for the hdd thats just a huge mess and although im near 100% sure i ordered the 1tb scorpio blue and even pcs said at beggining of order that i orderd that one i think thats probbaly just a huge fail of miscommunication beetween pcs/my dad/me so not just pcs fault.Although all those problems dont seem like its something youve payed £1200+ for :/

Were you present when your mum/dad was on the phone with the initial order? Also for the follow up to change the HDD, i have a feeling the HDD issue could be down to some sort of miscommunication between you and your parents? Even someone who is fairly up on computers is probably not going to know the finer points of why a scorpio blu isn't as fast as a scorpio black etc? Most people would go by size alone i would geuss, were you involved in deciding what was to happen at all?

The first order on the laptop i was there for every step and there was the 1tb hd on the configurater,Then i was there the whole time when my mum phoned to order it after the finance wouldent accpet us,Then though they phoned my dad (Who was at work,So no at this point i wasent here.My dad then phoned me and said that pcs said the 1tb scorpio blue drive you ordered is out of stock and youll get a free upgrade,Now my dad doesent know much about pcs so he wouldent of known the harddrive so pcs must of said that the hd (1tb scorpio) was out of stock,so that must mean that i ordered it.But there could of been some miscommunaction,When my dad told me i told him to phone and ask specifacly what drive i would get but he said its going to be better than the original so no point phoning.So yeh i would thats not all on pcs,Just a big miscommuncation.But i just dont want to be paying the full price(of the 1tb hd)when im only getting the 750gb scorpio drive.

On the screen, it seems really odd to be given totaly the wrong resolution. Was the skyfire offered with multiple resolutions? If not then i would bet on a driver issue.-No the skyfire has only the 1920x1080 screens (Although you can get varaitions of the screen)Ive checked drivers and so has the guy from pcs,It seems like they have given me the wrong resolution.

Have you tried the laptop in different places to try and get a better signal at all? Does it show full signal then just suddenly drop out or so you aways have low signal strength? Could be an issue with the drivers, i would do a clean install on the drivers if your sure it's not your router/any other reason.
Well in my bedroom its right next to my router and ive tried downstairs and both places it disconnects,Its always full signal then theres a yellow sign over it,Then after a while itll come back on.

I think ive just been extremly unlucky with the order tbh :/

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
jonny123

We are very sorry for the problems you have had with your laptop. The battery and power pack should never have been missed. I can only assume that this was caused because it was the very last laptop which we had saved for you after your original finance agreement didn't go through.

As others have stated having 3 people in the ordering process has not helped matters concerning your HDD. As far as your order goes you did order the 750GB Black drive, which we did sell at that time. Because we no longer have stock of this drive your order was changed to the 750GB blue and credit note issued. a 1TB HDD was never ordered, so that was not a mistake that we made.

It does look like you have the wrong screen - but as we don't actually sell 1600 x 900 screens this must be a rogue screen that somehow got mixed into our stock. We can only apologise for this. However - posting your frustration on this forum will not solve anything and therefore I would like to ask you to please calm down. We will put right any issues with your laptop and give you a free games pack as compensation for this.

Maestro

LEFT HAND , RIGHT HAND. I suggest you communicate with the other poeple in this ordering circle.

I was in the office today when the call was recieved from 1 of you about this laptop. We checked the screen and confirmed it looked like the wrong one. We also said that we would be happy to swap the hdd in your laptop to a 1tb samsung when the laptop comes back for the screen change. Nothing mentioned about this in your one sided posts above. Maybe left hand, didnt mention this to right hand. Given that you originally wanted a 1tb drive then all issues will have been taken care off.

Calm down, and as we always do we will put it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.