Terrible experience so far :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ok so just got my skyfire today after spending £1200+ on it and my experience has been terrible so far (I hope this isnt going to Continue.So my problems i experinced:
Opended the box and there was no battery(I checked everywhere in the box),I phoned pcs and just as i did i was about to plug in the power supply to make sure the laptop turned on but realised that it was the wrong power supply.They said the laptop section was phoned and to phone back tommorow.
Found a old power supply which worked for the laptop so it was all good...And then i checked the resulition of the laptop the skyfires res is 1920x1080 but mine is 1600x900(I have tried changing it through the ndvidia control pannel and the screen res on the desktop)
Also i orderd a 1tb blue drive but it was out of stock (And due to some inconvience before purchase)They said they would upgrade the drive for me for free.Checked the hdd and its 699gb and its the 750gb blue drive (A downgrade to my drive and they said they had upgraded for free! and no i havent recived any cash back for the downgrade.
Im realy dissapointed with the service so far as this is not what is expected when paying over £1200 for a new laptop which i need asap.
I hope pcs can try and fix this as ive heard alot of good reviews about them (Thats why i ordered from here)but so far my experience is terrible :(

El Wayneo

Silver Level Poster
Thats not good, although i wouldn't use another power supply mate, it might not be rated high enough to cope and you could damage something.

Appreciate you want to use your laptop but i wouldn't risk it mate.

Have you tried reinstalling the gpu driver??

Maestro

Hello Jonny123. Aware of the psu and battery, these will be forwarded. The screen is 1920 x 1080. This laptop is manufactured by MSI. We simply add the cpu hdd etc. With regards to the hdd, yes the 1tb wd blue are in constraint and we emailed all customers to tell them we would be fitting the equivalent Samsung 1tb version, unless the customer wished to change to an alternative. Not sure how we could upgrade the drive or told you this. 1tb is as large as they get. So its either the 1tb samsung or a downgrade to the 750gb blue. I would be interested to see who told you this mainly because it is not possible to upgrade further from the 1tb drive.

The battery and psu will be sent via dpd tomorrow. If you are unable to sort your screen call us for assistance and we help with this.

jonny123

Bright Spark
I only used the power supply to turn it on and check a few things like the specs to make sure they were all what was meant to be in there (But it wasent) Im not using it now,I turned it on for about 5-10 minutues to check the computer and then turned it back off.And no i havent as i said i turned it off after the dissapointment of the wrong specs.
Im not going to try either as even if i can get the res working ive still had a downgrade on the hdd and i got told it was a upgrade :/.I hope it isnt but it just seems like theyve tried to scam me and hope that i didnt knowtice :/

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I agree you can't upgrade the size but you can upgrade the speed. Also, it is unlikely the samsung is as fast as the blue scorpio, is it the same price or do you return the difference?

jonny123

Bright Spark
Yeh im happy that the psu and battery will be sorted,There not the main problems atm.As for the hdd:
the skyfire you said you keep,Then i got emailed saying its out of stock then you posted to phone as theres another skyfire so my mum phoned,Ordered the skyfire and we was not made aware of the problem with the hardrive on the phone.As soon as we got off the phone someone from pcs phoned my dad to confirm and stuff and said to him that the hdd we ordered is out of stock and due to the inconvience i just posted (second line)They said they would upgrade the hdd free of charge and try to get the order out faster than usual.The guy on the phone did not say to my dad about the samsung 1tb hdd they just said a better one (I told my dad to phone and ask what one specifacly it was but my dad just truseted you and assumed as they said it would be better.also we have not recivied any emails from you concerning the hdd.Im not realy sure what to do with the screen as i dont have a psu and i dont realy know how to fix it anyway.
Thanks for taking the time to post.

Maestro

We dont try to scam anyone. Whats the point. But i would still like to know what you were told you would be upgraded to. There is nothing to upgrade from the 1tb wd drive you ordered.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Also as music guy just remined me even if my did agreed to a downgrade (which he didnt) i havent recivied anything about gettting some money back for this downgrade?

Maestro

screen is just settings or it should be. If its the wrong screen then msi have fitted the wrong screen but i would very much doubt it. I suspect the hdd is simply a misunderstanding. Like i said there is no upgrade option from the 1tb drive. The next largest drive we do is the 750gb blue. We have only just got the 1tb samsungs in yesterday so this is why these were not offered.

I will check your account tomorrow and see if the credit for the change to 750gb blue is actioned.

Any changes to orders resulting in credits are processed by the finance office and can take a few days to show. The credit amount is £28

Last edited:

jonny123

Bright Spark
Like i said the guy on the phone didnt specify the upgrade he simply said it would be a upgrade to my current hdd for no extra cost and of course my dad wasent going to argure with that,It being my laptop i asked him to phone to ask exatly what hdd i would be getting as a upgrade but my he didnt want to bother you and he trusted like the guy said it would be better than the orignal i ordered.And i know you dont try and scam anyone and like i said ive read mostly good comments so im not trying to argue or anything it just seems that way or ive just been extremly unlucky with like 3-4 things go wrong with ordering.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Well i would rather not have the 750gb hdd and have the 1tb one but ill get my dad to phone tommorow and sort that.And i posted in the original post i have checked both screen resoulition on the desktop and the nvidia control pannel(Thanks to music guy and a few others for telling me to check there) and they both show the 1600x900 res as the max res

Maestro

Lets get the battery and psu to you and then all should be sorted.

One reason i know that the screen res issue is not an issue other than a driver settings issue is that we dont sell 1600 x 900 screens. this res wont be the native resolution.

jonny123

Bright Spark
Lets get the battery and psu to you and then all should be sorted.

One reason i know that the screen res issue is not an issue other than a driver settings issue is that we dont sell 1600 x 900 screens. this res wont be the native resolution.

Well its diffiantly saying that 1600x900 pixels is the (Native on nvidia control pannel)(Reccomended on screen res on the desktop and also the highest res on the desktop).

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I would also like to point out something, I have researched it and I can comfortably say that the wd blue scorpio is faster than the samsung spinpoint. By a fair way as well! Also, for prices the WD blue scorpio is £122 at PCS price. I'd say there is probably about £20 between the two, the samsung being cheaper.

Last edited:

jonny123

Bright Spark
Didnt realy look too much as i only went on there for 5 mins as i dont have the correct psu/battery.
The laptops i have had before have been 1366x768 anyway so it would look better than that for me but the 1920x1080 is obvisouly better

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ok the battery and psu has arrived very fast so i thank pcs for that.However i still have another two problems,The hdd is a different one to the one i ordered (ill porbbaly sort that out last,as its not too important)but the main issue atm is the res is currently set at 1600x900 but the skyfire has a 1920x1080 screen,Any suggestions?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think Maestro addressed the main issue of Res. I think you are going to have to give PCS a call and have them run through what it could be, because as Maestro said above, they don't sell that res screen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.