The Big Fat Giveaway of the Year 2023

MrWilson

Godlike
Steveyg has recommended it. I had a good time with it until I switched to Cyberpunk 2077 once the first major fix was released. I'd say it's probably worth a go and so I can send you the key if you like? It's not been claimed since August, and I'd like to see it go to a good home!

Right people, we have our first fight to the death of 2023 (I'm assuming you read my first post in full?), as the main game Humble Choice has thrown out is Doom Eternal. I already have it, so I will be offering it out to the masses. I'm working this evening so haven't had a proper look at what else is available, but that is at least one game that is up for grabs. Anybody interested in a free game of that calibre?
I would like to be entered into the Doom Eternal deathmatch. I come armed with my trusty prune taser to send the competing variants to the shadow realm.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I would like to be entered into the Doom Eternal deathmatch. I come armed with my trusty prune taser to send the competing variants to the shadow realm.
I'll give it another day or so mate, but it seems like most of the regulars already have it (and it's awesome, so I'm not surprised!), but so far, it's looking like it's yours!

I'm out for a few drinks tomorrow night after work, so I'll probably send it out at whatever point I wake up on Saturday.

Wololo_n00b

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Denz! Just curious is that copy of Celeste still going by any chance? Would be v. interested if so, I saw some of the reviews, looks great. If not no worries tho!

I have some Humble keys to add to the list in return if that's of any help or if anyone's interested? - atm I've got Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons; Dead by Daylight; Payday 2; and WWZ Aftermath (think first 2 are in the list already)

edit: for Payday 2 also have a key for 'Payday 2 Bonus' if that's of any use

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Hi Denz! Just curious is that copy of Celeste still going by any chance? Would be v. interested if so, I saw some of the reviews, looks great. If not no worries tho!

I have some Humble keys to add to the list in return if that's of any help or if anyone's interested? - atm I've got Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons; Dead by Daylight; Payday 2; and WWZ Aftermath (think first 2 are in the list already)

edit: for Payday 2 also have a key for 'Payday 2 Bonus' if that's of any use
Excellent choice. I did a thread a little while back about games that deal with different aspects of mental health, and Celeste deals with anxiety in quite a neat way. The game is a lot of fun, but quite challenging in places. I'm off to work soon, but I'll send the game over to you once I get home this evening.

I'll also add a link to your list in my first post.

Wololo_n00b

Bronze Level Poster
Excellent choice. I did a thread a little while back about games that deal with different aspects of mental health, and Celeste deals with anxiety in quite a neat way. The game is a lot of fun, but quite challenging in places. I'm off to work soon, but I'll send the game over to you once I get home this evening.

I'll also add a link to your list in my first post.
AMAZIN thanks so much!! Yeah sounds v. interesting. And no rush at all, rly appreciate it :)

CMP01

Enthusiast
From memory, most of the games you've claimed from me have been coop so you can play with your gf. Fling to the Finish does look like a lot of fun and I'd have claimed it myself if I had someone to play games with. Hopefully the two of you will have a lot of fun with it. I'll send both games to you shortly.

Thank you very much, from both of us.

As I may have said, I'm generally kind of loathe to ask for myself. I do have a fair backlog and library of games so I always have something to fall back on even if I get burned out (some games these days get too long) or whatever.

My gf though... well, we're both chronically ill (and so pretty much retired at this point I guess) but her being younger and a different life path, she doesn't deal with downturns as well I guess. She's also just about getting a late diagnosis of ADHD, which explains a lot, bless her, and will hopefully open up a lot of extra support and strategies for her. It's because of that I'm often after new games to try her out with. She's always loved games and gaming, especially the retro side like she grew up with (mainly a 90's and 00's Nintendo gal) but due to illness etc it's hit and miss as to what'll get and keep her focus and enjoyment. Games with a competitive mode or side to them generally do better (cos I'm good fun to beat up on lol) but she's very into Animal Crossing too. I actually got her into PC gaming primarily because there's not a lot a PC can't do, and is ideal for retro/emulation games (which I need to research and sort out for her) as well as her interest in arts and crafts.

Anyway, pardon yet another long comment from me (lol) but I just wanted to impress that when I ask anything or say thanks, to you or any of you guys, it really is a big deal and truly very appreciated. You all rock!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
It'll take a while (awaiting some backlog clearance), but I'm finally going to get to see just how bad Fallout 76 is, assuming they don't close the servers in the next few months!

As a result, I've got this month's Humble Choice bundle and so have a few games on offer. They are as follows:

- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
- ScourgeBringer

Thronebreaker is a fantastic game in The Witcher universe, but a different genre from the usual Witcher fare, so well worth a play.

Last edited: