The Christmas 2023 and New Year thread

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So, this new chair is awesome (and i don't hace enough words to tell you how fantastic it is).
Honestly, the tension control and back stop are awesome, they open news possibilities and my back is already thank me !
I'm no saying that I'm seating on a cloud, it's firm, but on the good side.

Oh, and to build it, i only need to put one screw ^^
I really need to invest in a proper ergonomic chair. When you're working from home it's an absolute no brainer.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I really need to invest in a proper ergonomic chair. When you're working from home it's an absolute no brainer.
That's why i invested this year.
I did a photo with my old and new chair side by side ... It was really a needed investment.

I know that herman miller is a classic, but Haworth is really a good alternative.
The Zody i currently have is wonderful, the higher model, the Fern is awesome, but too much expensive for me. But i did tried it, and it was awesome ... the cushion was a little bit better (because of the fabric) and the back was nice, a little bit taller but less large ... But, the "standard" Fern did not have the lumbar support. The back is really good and compensate this absence, but for me, you should have an adjustable lumbar support ... (I'm not sure I'm clear, sorry ^^")
It's two different things ...
Anyway, I think Haworth is worth a try, if you can find a seller near you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's why i invested this year.
I did a photo with my old and new chair side by side ... It was really a needed investment.

I know that herman miller is a classic, but Haworth is really a good alternative.
The Zody i currently have is wonderful, the higher model, the Fern is awesome, but too much expensive for me. But i did tried it, and it was awesome ... the cushion was a little bit better (because of the fabric) and the back was nice, a little bit taller but less large ... But, the "standard" Fern did not have the lumbar support. The back is really good and compensate this absence, but for me, you should have an adjustable lumbar support ... (I'm not sure I'm clear, sorry ^^")
It's two different things ...
Anyway, I think Haworth is worth a try, if you can find a seller near you.
Will definitely check It out.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
f - Copy.png

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Festive plans:-

Christmas Day, going to see my daughter, grandkids and SOL for Xmas Dinner, gifts, etc, in Cumbernauld, with my mom. The rest of the family will be doing their usual Christmas Day things.

Boxing Day, the whole family descends on my mothers house for most of the day, including my daughter and grandkids. Between Mom, us kids, our kids and their kids, there will be at least 15 sitting down for dinner. We pre-arrange who'll bring what, mom doesn't have to feed the horde on her own. After dinner there's the gifts. Great-grandkids now are delegated to distribute the pile of gifts from under the tree.
We descend on Mom for a good reason, she lives in a big old house. It was sold to the church, as a derelict, in 1725, so it's definitely old. The church used it as a school house, and expanded it as the need arose, so the rooms are big. We've done the 8-some reel in her living room, it's big enough for that. Trying to fit 15 into my house, we'd be spread throughout it.

My gift to me will probably be an AMD Radion 7900XT, although I'll wait for the January Sales 😊

Last edited:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Festive plans:-

Christmas Day, going to see my daughter, grandkids and SOL for Xmas Dinner, gifts, etc, in Cumbernauld, with my mom. The rest of the family will be doing their usual Christmas Day things.

Boxing Day, the whole family descends on my mothers house for most of the day, including my daughter and grandkids. Between Mom, us kids, our kids and their kids, there will be at least 15 sitting down for dinner. We pre-arrange who'll bring what, mom doesn't have to feed the horde on her own. After dinner there's the gifts. Great-grandkids now are delegated to distribute the pile of gifts from under the tree.
We descend on Mom for a good reason, she lives in a big old house. It was sold to the church, as a derelict, in 1725, so it's definitely old. The church used it as a school house, and expanded it as the need arose, so the rooms are big. We've done the 8-some reel in her living room, it's big enough for that. Trying to fit 15 into my house, we'd be spread throughout it.

My gift to me will probably be an AMD Radion 7900XT, although I'll wait for the January Sales 😊

sounds cool about the history of the house, must be pretty good to enjoy christmas in a house like that

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
as its nearly christmas, I would like to wish the regulars @SpyderTracks @ubuysa @AgentCooper @ActuallyDenz @steaky360 @TonyCarter @Tron1982 @Bhuna50 @Scott @Martinr36 @davhun @sck451 @Steveyg @SiAdams

and anyone else that either I have forgotten or just in general

hope everyone gets what they wanted, and enjoys the festivities

unless your spydertracks and denz in which case they have spent all there money on vinyl and games :sneaky:
It's far too far away from Chrimblepops to start giving wishes, got a whole week of work to survive firstly!

but very appreciated none the less and I will return the sentiments nearer the time :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i can just imagine a spydertracks Christmas

"so, younglings, this is vinyl"

"but uncle tracks, we have streaming"

tracks

Homer Simpson GIF - Simpson Homer - Discover & Share GIFs
My 16 year old nephew got a record player for his birthday this January, it’s so cool, he’s solely into hip hop, but he introduces me to a lot of modern artists I don’t know that are really good, and I’ve bought him a few classics.

Vinyl is hip dude, all the young kids are doing it.... he assures himself over and over again

Last edited:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
My 16 year old nephew got a record player for his birthday this January, it’s so cool, he’s solely into hip hop, but he introduces me to a lot of modern artists I don’t know that are really good, and I’ve bought him a few classics.

Vinyl is hip dude, all the young kings are doing it.... he assures himself over and over again

dont need to be a genius to know you two are related then

although i wouldnt be surprised if the nephew has vinyl DNA really 🤷‍♀️

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
dont need to be a genius to know you two are related then

although i wouldnt be surprised if the nephew has vinyl DNA really 🤷‍♀️
He's just had a metal plate removed, I wonder if they pulled out any original Beatles white albums while they were operating? Must give him a call and claim dibs.