The Great RTX 3060ti Wait and Delivery Thread

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah that's the problem. I have to hold myself back. I could easily press the order button on something that would make the wife leave me....

In fact I could possibly use the simplicity of ordering PCS PC's against her to get my own way more often.... :p Hey, if it doesn't work then I get a Super computer that SETI would be jealous of. :)

...aaaand I just orderd an extra set of fans for the case. What can I say, I want the shiny fans and the extra airflow!

AverageSphinx

I thought I’d add to the thread too. I originally ordered an I9 10, but quickly cancelled my order and changed to the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, due to the friendly advise from people within these forums!!
So I placed my order on the 6th Jan, went into preproduction on 7th Jan. (which is well quicker than I though, my order I cancelled was on 5th working day and still processing!) I’ve ordered the 5800X and the 3060ti.. was expecting it probably March so I’m super excited to hear it may actually be quicker than that!!!! Currently rocking a 980ti so can’t wait for the upgrade!!!!

Cobblers

Enthusiast
...aaaand I just orderd an extra set of fans for the case. What can I say, I want the shiny fans and the extra airflow!
If it can make another year of covid-19 go by that bit quicker who is to argue! It'll look right cool come next Xmas as the shiny fans will compliment your tree.

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
If it can make another year of covid-19 go by that bit quicker who is to argue! It'll look right cool come next Xmas as the shiny fans will compliment your tree.

There's a logic here as well, which is that I'm not going with any kind of fancy liquid cooling but it's still a pretty feisty build so it does make sense (at least to me) to add another couple of fans... Also, moar shiny.

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
It seems like somewhere between 20 and 30 days is a pretty realistic timeline based on what other users are experiencing, though there will always be some uncertainty because at the end of the day it comes down to whether or not PCS are able to get hold of the components...
That uncertainty is what's stopping me from getting carried away. Having said that, I better get sorted in case it is ready sooner than expected. Still need to get a monitor sorted out so I'll look at that over the next week or so.

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
That uncertainty is what's stopping me from getting carried away. Having said that, I better get sorted in case it is ready sooner than expected. Still need to get a monitor sorted out so I'll look at that over the next week or so.

I'm waiting for a build with very similar specs to yours and the monitor I ended up going for was the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A (after reading a lot of reviews and getting advice on here).

It's here on my desk now, but since it's only hooked up to a terrible old laptop I can't really say how well it performs yet...

Rbaut

Bronze Level Poster
I caved and added a 3060 to my order where previously I was trying to source my own. I currently have a 3600X on order but I may also up this to 5600X if I'm not in production by payday. o_O I figure by that point, the majority of my wait time in the queue has been spent, so I shouldn't have to wait too much longer as a result.

I swear this long wait between pre and prod is where they make their money!

I caved and added a 3060 to my order where previously I was trying to source my own. I currently have a 3600X on order but I may also up this to 5600X if I'm not in production by payday. o_O I figure by that point, the majority of my wait time in the queue has been spent, so I shouldn't have to wait too much longer as a result.

Amendments are dangerous 😂 I started off with a 3600 and 2060. Ended up with a 5600x and 3070 (purchased separately). 😂

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
I'm waiting for a build with very similar specs to yours and the monitor I ended up going for was the ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A (after reading a lot of reviews and getting advice on here).

It's here on my desk now, but since it's only hooked up to a terrible old laptop I can't really say how well it performs yet...
Looks good! Someone recommended the Samsung Odyssey G5 LC27G55TQWUXEN so that's what I'm looking at atm. Not going to lie, thought about pushing it to the 32" but that may be overkill lol. What will be the main use for your build? Gaming?

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
Looks good! Someone recommended the Samsung Odyssey G5 LC27G55TQWUXEN so that's what I'm looking at atm. Not going to lie, thought about pushing it to the 32" but that may be overkill lol. What will be the main use for your build? Gaming?

If I had space for it I might have gone 32″ myself but it would have been an awkward fit at my desk area at home - and I'm not sure there is that much point to going curved with a 27″ screen?

For me it's gaming and work, so I'll be doing a lot of writing on it and I was also not sure I wanted to be writing on a curved monitor all day either. Maybe it's no different, but it just seemed sensible for me to go for a regular screen.

I think with the 32″ you need a bit of size, not just because of the physical size of the monitor but you'll also want to be sitting back a bit further from it? Either way, for me anything bigger than 27″ wouldn't have suited the physical space I'm putting it in, and like I said I'm not sure there is much point to a curved 27″ monitor.

You might want to start a thread on this in the monitor section of the forum (if you haven't all ready), I'm sure there are people with more experience and knowledge than me who can set you right!

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
If I had space for it I might have gone 32″ myself but it would have been an awkward fit at my desk area at home - and I'm not sure there is that much point to going curved with a 27″ screen?

For me it's gaming and work, so I'll be doing a lot of writing on it and I was also not sure I wanted to be writing on a curved monitor all day either. Maybe it's no different, but it just seemed sensible for me to go for a regular screen.

I think with the 32″ you need a bit of size, not just because of the physical size of the monitor but you'll also want to be sitting back a bit further from it? Either way, for me anything bigger than 27″ wouldn't have suited the physical space I'm putting it in, and like I said I'm not sure there is much point to a curved 27″ monitor.

You might want to start a thread on this in the monitor section of the forum (if you haven't all ready), I'm sure there are people with more experience and knowledge than me who can set you right!
I think you're right. I didn't think about how it would affect the distance between myself and the monitor. 27" would be fine. I'll be honest, I wasn't sure about a curved monitor but the member that recommended the G5 said they got used to it really quick.

I did start a thread in the monitor section and my apologies, I'll take this there. :) I was just curious to hear what you had went for because we're waiting on similar builds.

Cobblers

Enthusiast
I've got two 27" ready for my rig to arrive... dual monitor is great for work and even better for playing some strat games whilst watching You Tube.

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
I think you're right. I didn't think about how it would affect the distance between myself and the monitor. 27" would be fine. I'll be honest, I wasn't sure about a curved monitor but the member that recommended the G5 said they got used to it really quick.

I did start a thread in the monitor section and my apologies, I'll take this there. :) I was just curious to hear what you had went for because we're waiting on similar builds.

No need to apologize! Having started this thread I want as much life and discussion in here as possible, haha!

I just saw now that there is an interesting thread in there about curve vs no curve, and as @SpyderTracks says: "A curve is a very personal thing".

I went back and forth on it a lot and decided that in the end, for my uses, it wasn't quite right. But I have no reason whatsoever suggest someone else shouldn't go curved, it's all about what seems right for you. If you can wait until after lockdown then going to your local PC World to have a look is a very good advice, but God knows when we'll be able to do that again...

MarNut

22 Days and mine went into building today. There's hope guys
this sounds promising for me, well I'm hoping so I ordered the 3060ti but with the i7, and mine has just went 22 days as of today so hopefully will have mine move onto the next stage soon

MarNut

I've got two 27" ready for my rig to arrive... dual monitor is great for work and even better for playing some strat games whilst watching You Tube.
this sounds familiar to what I have pre set up awaiting my build, which monitors did you go for

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
No need to apologize! Having started this thread I want as much life and discussion in here as possible, haha!

I just saw now that there is an interesting thread in there about curve vs no curve, and as @SpyderTracks says: "A curve is a very personal thing".

I went back and forth on it a lot and decided that in the end, for my uses, it wasn't quite right. But I have no reason whatsoever suggest someone else shouldn't go curved, it's all about what seems right for you. If you can wait until after lockdown then going to your local PC World to have a look is a very good advice, but God knows when we'll be able to do that again...
Before I go getting myself in trouble, I'll keep this reply short with a simple thank you! :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
In any business (and I've run one) the key thing you must keep your eye on are your fixed costs; staff salaries, building rent, utilities, phone and Internet services, etc. On top of that is the cost of materials; PCS may well have had to pay for orders they have placed with suppliers in November that are not yet fulfilled.

In order to be able to pay your fixed costs you need to maintain a healthy cash flow. You need money coming in as regularly as you have fixed costs going out - and enough spare to be able to pay for materials and parts. It's a frighteningly delicate balance that keeps any business owner awake at night.

What PCS want is what you want, a rapid turnaround of orders to maintain the volume of business and thus their casflow. This hiatus does them no good because their fixed costs are always there and must be paid no matter what.

PCS are not sitting on a pot of money paid by you. It's going out the door almost as fast as it comes in and if order volumes fall off because of these supplier problems their cash flow will be reduced. Sadly their fixed costs won't. This is no fun for PCS, believe me.

AverageSphinx

In any business (and I've run one) the key thing you must keep your eye on are your fixed costs; staff salaries, building rent, utilities, phone and Internet services, etc. On top of that is the cost of materials; PCS may well have had to pay for orders they have placed with suppliers in November that are not yet fulfilled.

In order to be able to pay your fixed costs you need to maintain a healthy cash flow. You need money coming in as regularly as you have fixed costs going out - and enough spare to be able to pay for materials and parts. It's a frighteningly delicate balance that keeps any business owner awake at night.

What PCS want is what you want, a rapid turnaround of orders to maintain the volume of business and thus their casflow. This hiatus does them no good because their fixed costs are always there and must be paid no matter what.

PCS are not sitting on a pot of money paid by you. It's going out the door almost as fast as it comes in and if order volumes fall off because of these supplier problems their cash flow will be reduced. Sadly their fixed costs won't. This is no fun for PCS, believe me.
I 100% agree with you, specifically the "It's going out the door almost as fast as it comes in".

It's silly to think that they're just sat there waiting for these orders to build up. The graphics card came out just under 2 months ago. As soon as it went live, it went out of stock. Dependent on what you ordered, your build time on average is about 20-30 days. Not including pre order. If you ordered something on pre order, expect a much longer wait. Trust me alongside every one else who has said it... PCS want as many orders as possible going out the door as fast as humanly possible but with covid restrictions alongside actual GPU restrictions it isn't as easy as that.

I defo think a wait of under 60 days, for a brand new built PC with brand new components is not a long wait. You're fully customising it, what do you expect! :D