The Great RTX 3060ti Wait and Delivery Thread

MiniSparks

Bronze Level Poster
I 100% agree with you, specifically the "It's going out the door almost as fast as it comes in".

It's silly to think that they're just sat there waiting for these orders to build up. The graphics card came out just under 2 months ago. As soon as it went live, it went out of stock. Dependent on what you ordered, your build time on average is about 20-30 days. Not including pre order. If you ordered something on pre order, expect a much longer wait. Trust me alongside every one else who has said it... PCS want as many orders as possible going out the door as fast as humanly possible but with covid restrictions alongside actual GPU restrictions it isn't as easy as that.

I defo think a wait of under 60 days, for a brand new built PC with brand new components is not a long wait. You're fully customising it, what do you expect! :D
I don't mind the wait! Having read some of the posts on here I'm fully prepared to wait. Also, like you said, it's fully customised and I knew a part would need preordered so it all adds up. :)

AverageSphinx

60 working days?
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to wait 60 working days either but if you actually put in perspective Covid 19 restrictions within the work place, I'm surprised anyone is getting a PC in less than 2 months.. Especially if you are waiting for one of the new cards!! I work in a repair centre and I can't tell you how difficult it is to work efficiently and keep within time scales. Practically impossible!

AverageSphinx

I don't mind the wait! Having read some of the posts on here I'm fully prepared to wait. Also, like you said, it's fully customised and I knew a part would need preordered so it all adds up. :)
Oh yeah me too! After looking further into it, this card actually looks amazing so can't wait to see how smooth the games feel!!

Rbaut

Bronze Level Poster
In any business (and I've run one) the key thing you must keep your eye on are your fixed costs; staff salaries, building rent, utilities, phone and Internet services, etc. On top of that is the cost of materials; PCS may well have had to pay for orders they have placed with suppliers in November that are not yet fulfilled.

In order to be able to pay your fixed costs you need to maintain a healthy cash flow. You need money coming in as regularly as you have fixed costs going out - and enough spare to be able to pay for materials and parts. It's a frighteningly delicate balance that keeps any business owner awake at night.

What PCS want is what you want, a rapid turnaround of orders to maintain the volume of business and thus their casflow. This hiatus does them no good because their fixed costs are always there and must be paid no matter what.

PCS are not sitting on a pot of money paid by you. It's going out the door almost as fast as it comes in and if order volumes fall off because of these supplier problems their cash flow will be reduced. Sadly their fixed costs won't. This is no fun for PCS, believe me.
Just to expand, my comment wasn't a dig at PCS turnaround. We all (or certainly I do) understand the constraints they are currently working under.

My point was more in jest in that, the more time you give me to stew, the more money I'll ultimately spend.

MarNut

mine hit 23 days today and went into building and testing today, im hopeful that the final stages and dispatch are done tomorrow in time for Friday where I have a day off work, and can then spend the weekend on it.

KippleKat

Enthusiast
mine hit 23 days today and went into building and testing today, im hopeful that the final stages and dispatch are done tomorrow in time for Friday where I have a day off work, and can then spend the weekend on it.
Can I ask what CPU you ordered yours with? I hit 23 days today too and am champing at the bit to get it. I ordered mine with the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU though and I'm wondering if that's going to hold it up too.

Can I ask what CPU you ordered yours with? I hit 23 days today too and am champing at the bit to get it. I ordered mine with the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU though and I'm wondering if that's going to hold it up too.
the 5900x and 5950x are fairly supply constraint. So its likely thats leading to a delay on your order

KippleKat

Enthusiast
the 5900x and 5950x are fairly supply constraint. So its likely thats leading to a delay on your order
Ah good to know. When I ordered it I was told they were getting stock in on a regular basis for that CPU, but it didn't seem like it based on what others were saying. I'm torn between downgrading to a lower model that's in stock or just waiting it out....I probably should wait. XD

Ah good to know. When I ordered it I was told they were getting stock in on a regular basis for that CPU, but it didn't seem like it based on what others were saying. I'm torn between downgrading to a lower model that's in stock or just waiting it out....I probably should wait. XD
I Would wait. For the sake of waiting a little while for your part is far better for your PC in the long run :)

KippleKat

Enthusiast
I Would wait. For the sake of waiting a little while for your part is far better for your PC in the long run :)
Very true, it will be a thing of beauty once I finally get it. It would be nice to have to pass some lockdown time, but I'm pretty sure that's what everyone else ordering them is thinking :ROFLMAO:

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
My build is with the 5600x, which was marked as "per-order" when I first placed my order so I'm prepared for shortages. That said, I've seen it pop up, albeit briefly, with retailers fairly regualrly in the last week so I'd be surprised if it was a huge problem for PCS to get their hands on it.

My build is with the 5600x, which was marked as "per-order" when I first placed my order so I'm prepared for shortages. That said, I've seen it pop up, albeit briefly, with retailers fairly regualrly in the last week so I'd be surprised if it was a huge problem for PCS to get their hands on it.
my build is also with a 5600x and its been over a month now in pre-production, I did not include a graphics card in the build since I know there are shortages and just got a card myself with the help of bots. I have a 3080 sitting here for a week now and scan has 5600x in stock for a week now also. I may just cancel the order at this point and build it myself.

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
my build is also with a 5600x and its been over a month now in pre-production, I did not include a graphics card in the build since I know there are shortages and just got a card myself with the help of bots. I have a 3080 sitting here for a week now and scan has 5600x in stock for a week now also. I may just cancel the order at this point and build it myself.

Really? That's a bit worrying I have to say!

What day did you order?