The Great RTX 3060ti Wait and Delivery Thread

What day did you order?
11th dec, its been in pre-production for 24 days now. I sent them a message regarding any updates 2 days ago and still haven't got a reply. I may just ring them tomorrow and try to cancel the whole thing and just buy all the parts separately (which are all in stock)

11th dec, its been in pre-production for 24 days now. I sent them a message regarding any updates 2 days ago and still haven't got a reply. I may just ring them tomorrow and try to cancel the whole thing and just buy all the parts separately (which are all in stock)
I ordered the same day and mine went into build yesterday (5600x also). I’d imagine yours will be in soon unless there’s something else on your build holding it back.

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
hopefully they reply to the email soon

I think everyone can understand that there is a global component shortage and that this will affect delivery times, but if you're on 24 days and more and all your components are available from retailers then obviously that's a lot harder to swallow. Hope you get a reply from them!

KippleKat

Enthusiast
AMD & NVIDEA seem to be saying in their latest update that they expect supply delays to last until February. Apparently there's a shortage of GDDR6 memory.
The last time I spoke with PCS on the phone they advised they are getting a fairly steady flow of the CPUs each month but have a backlog and that the GPUs were coming in slower. That was in December and I imagine it's the same still.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
AMD & NVIDEA seem to be saying in their latest update that they expect supply delays to last until February. Apparently there's a shortage of GDDR6 memory.
The last time I spoke with PCS on the phone they advised they are getting a fairly steady flow of the CPUs each month but have a backlog and that the GPUs were coming in slower. That was in December and I imagine it's the same still.
It's not just PC components that are affected.....https://www.reuters.com/article/volkswagen-china-production-idUSKBN28E1IN

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster
Like I said, I think we all understand this and in particular with regards to the GPU it's a problem right now.

But there are two posters in the thread here who have taken the GPU out of their build and sourced their own for that reason, and while there may be some shortages of the 5600x as well it's not like that's particularly hard to buy for a consumer at the moment (both Scan and Overclockers have it in stock right now).

Basically: Long wait for a GPU that isn't available anywhere, easy to understand. Long wait for a build with no GPU but a CPU that's in short supply but easy enough to buy as a consumer, maybe less easy to understand?

Last edited:

Kaney

Ordered a 5600x and a 3060ti on the 14/12/20 and it is currently waiting to be dispatched. Even through all the problems with stock and such I still think 23 working days for a custom built pc is excellent. Super excited for the pc to arrive in the next few days. Thanks for all the hard work and I hope everyone receives their pcs soon. 😄

I ordered a 5600x and 3070 (not founders) on the 22/12/2020 and was wandering is it worth for the 3060ti for a faster build? The price difference wasn't that great at the time but how much of a downgrade would this be? I know I have to be patient and components can be hard to come by. But dropping a lot of money on something and not getting any updates is a little disconcerting.

I ordered a 5600x and 3070 (not founders) on the 22/12/2020 and was wandering is it worth for the 3060ti for a faster build? The price difference wasn't that great at the time but how much of a downgrade would this be? I know I have to be patient and components can be hard to come by. But dropping a lot of money on something and not getting any updates is a little disconcerting.
What monitor are you using?

KippleKat

Enthusiast
Ordered a 5600x and a 3060ti on the 14/12/20 and it is currently waiting to be dispatched. Even through all the problems with stock and such I still think 23 working days for a custom built pc is excellent. Super excited for the pc to arrive in the next few days. Thanks for all the hard work and I hope everyone receives their pcs soon. 😄
That isn't really bad at all. :) I'm currently placing bets with the other half on how many days mine will be, I reckon 50 at least

Mori Duin

Im in a similar position with a 5600x and 3070, ordered on 11-12-20 and Im waiting for the testing bit to finish (since Tuesday, any idea on the wait time for this?)

Rbaut

Bronze Level Poster
Email from PCS this morning revising my build date from 1st Feb to 28th Jan. Still not convinced there is too much logic behind these dates other than correlating to a potential queue order, but either way - positive to see. :)

NashBrown96

Im in a similar position with a 5600x and 3070, ordered on 11-12-20 and Im waiting for the testing bit to finish (since Tuesday, any idea on the wait time for this?)
I order my pc with a 3070 on the 15-12-2020 and mine is still 24 days in pre production. Hopefully moves into the next stage very soon.

NashBrown96

I ordered my pc with a 3070 on the 15-12-2020 and mine is still in pre production

lsi003

Bronze Level Poster

Great news! Definitely seems like the mid-20s is roughly when most builds are completed with the kind of specs we mostly see in this thread.