The War Z

Keedar

Expert
Click on picture below.I dont know why is so small lol

322984_257871234330191_830899049_o.jpg

Last edited:

wereireland

Enthusiast
Apparently it was in development before Dayz existed. Don't know for sure - just what was said on the youtube video I watched.
This. It was in development long before DayZ, but it was scraped. Now after the success of dayz it has surfaced again.

Fear

Prolific Poster
You only got that one in before me because I was busy Olympicing and Raiding!

LOL

You only got that one in! :D

I knew you would have said something there so i had to get that in there before you and to quote duffy "I'm gonna rain on your parade" :p

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
There is something about WarZ that just looks more organised than Dayz...obviously without playing it that is hard to confirm, but it just looks more...polished somehow :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
There is something about WarZ that just looks more organised than Dayz...obviously without playing it that is hard to confirm, but it just looks more...polished somehow :)

I agree, hopefully its a bit more team up and nail zombies game, than, team up, set up tent city on outskirts of map, hoard weapons and gear.....then kill other players.

Keenhail

Gold Level Poster
Some of those pics make it look like its alright to just run into a hundred zombies and mow them all down, in DayZ you dont wouldn't even consider pulling more than 10. WarZ looks good but it looks to me like its going to be simplified so its idiot proof

Keedar

Expert
1. Time and Date. We have universal time/date across all servers, with "starting" date around October 15 2018. Right now day/night cycle is set to be around 4 hours, but we'll be adjusting that during closed beta test to find value that will fit best.

2. You visibility and noise level meters. Faster you move, more visible you're and more noise you're making. Your posture affect your visibility as well.

3. Food and water levels, Health meter, your stamina meter ( only visible when running ) and your blood toxicity meter ( if you got infected ). As you can see I'm really dehydrated right now and I'll be losing health every few seconds if I won't drink something soon.

4. You Primary weapon, melee weapon ( you can have both equipped at same time ) and four of "quick slots" in your backpack. Quick slots are accessible by pressing keys 3,4,5,6 ( default layout ). You can equip any item that can be used on yourself or other players.

5. If you have firearm equipped it'll show how many bullets left in magazine, how many magazines you have, and what current fire mode is ( can be semi auto, 3 burts, full auto - some weapons just have one mode, some have different modes ).

As you can see I'm playing in Hardcore mode so there're now crosshairs on the screen.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
PC Gamer (October) have done a mini comparison between DayZ and War Z. Was a good read actually, and painted a good picture of War Z, albeit keeping an open mind about some of the claims.

What I didn't know (I don't think) was that War Z is based on War Inc technology, and if anyone played it (its a free online shooter), it was a damn sight more user friendly than ArmA will ever be :D

The War Z guys have made a lot of claims (some I swear directly in response to user complaints about DayZ), so just need to see if they all pan out, because if they do, this will be THE open world zombie game, whatever DayZ think will happen with a standalone release (after getting us all to buy ArmA...) :D

rickne

Master Poster
Also in that PCGamer coverage it's important to note that the Devs of DayZ welcomed the competition when asked about The War Z.