The Yodel Problem Thread. Post All Comments Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1951

Silver Level Poster
I work for a company that sends out 20 to 30 boxes everyday which are slightly larger and heavier than computer boxes. Over the past ten years we have probably used 4 different couriers. The complaints we get are about the same for each courier. Parcels sometimes damaged or late, carded when you are in, I think this is endemic in the way people work you have good and bad. Before Yodel I thought Dhl were really good and have never had any complaints I have bought 4 times from pcs. My last delivery from Yodel was Monday delivered to my work. They rang me I helped with directions and computer delivered within 10 minutes. The only way to guarantee a perfect collection is to do it yourself.

ParagonNova

Iv been reading around everywhere about yodel and i would say as others have said the fault lays with the drivers not yodel not PCS its hard to control how good a driver is at his/her job and i have also stumbled across an interesting pattern it would seem that most positive reviews come from deliveries to the south of the uk (Wales and below) and all these "attempted delivery but not in" when people were in seem to be coming from around areas in the north e.g hull,sheffield,birmingham

Good to see good comments about yodel rather then all negative. Us customer service reps try are best for the cust but can only work on company policy’s we cannot give you something as a company if we don’t do what you want. Ring the driver to come back is always one we cant do it if we done that for everyone who asks the company wouldn’t be around for long it would go bust.

the carded thing is a issue i agree that’s the drivers we need to put are trust in them to try and deliver these parcels and sometimes they dont,but sometimes we have people ringing up saying driver was no where near my property and low and behold tracker shows they were right outside. What you guys don’t know is the driver is payed for each parcel delivered so its in his benefit to deliver parcels that’s how he gets payed.yodel deliver thousands of parcels a day successfully sometimes things go wrong people have accidents, family members take ill all other things behind the scenes that affect parcels arriving late.

Feel free to ask me any think good or bad about the company i work for ill respond the best i can.

Last edited:

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Good to see good comments about yodel rather then all negative.us customer service reps try are best for the cust but can only work on company policys we cannot give you something as a company if we dont do what you want.Ring the driver to come back is always one we cant do it if we done that for everyone who asks the company woudnt be around for long it would go bust.

the carded thing is a issue i agree thats the drivers we need to put are trust in them to try and deliver these parcels and sometimes they dont,but sometimes we have people ringing up saying driver was no where near my property and low and behold tracker shows they were right outside.What you guys dont know is the driver is payed for each parcel delivered so its in his benefit to deliver parcels thats how he gets payed.yodel deliver thousands of parcels a day succesfully sometimes things go wrong people have accidents,family members take ill all other things behind the scenes that affect parcels arriving late.

feel free to ask me anythink good or bad about the company i work for ill respond the best i can.

Either this customer rep is an idiot at spelling or it's a troll...

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I very much doubt Yodel would allow someone to make comments like that on their behalf. If it is a yodel employee, if yodel find this post, I doubt they will be a yodel employee for long. I know if I talked on behalf of any companies ive worked for int he past I could expect a proper disciplinary.

I haven’t asked if i could do this i seen this decided to join a forum and responded, I have done no wrong and haven’t slated the firm.

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I haven’t asked if i could do this i seen this decided to join a forum and responded, I have done no wrong and haven’t slated the firm.

I never said you slated them. I simply stated that if I wrote messages similar to yours on behalf of my company I would either find myself getting a formal warning, or I would be fired.

"Feel free to ask me any think good or bad about the company i work for ill respond the best i can" this quote by yourself in an earlier post states you currently work for Yodel and not that you no longer work for them.

I never said you slated them. I simply stated that if I wrote messages similar to yours on behalf of my company I would either find myself getting a formal warning, or I would be fired.

"Feel free to ask me any think good or bad about the company i work for ill respond the best i can" this quote by yourself in an earlier post states you currently work for Yodel and not that you no longer work for them.

worked for should of said my fault.left last week

cadence

Bronze Level Poster
Have to say I'm really unimpressed with Yodel. I got a text today from PCS to say the parcel is out for delivery today and I should get it today. So I ring Yodel to ask them if they could give me a rough idea where it is and when I might expect it. Apparently it's not actually "out for delivery" to me, but to some self employed courier?! What the hell is that all about? Apparently they use something called the Home Delivery Network? The parcel has been sent to this courier, to his home address, and might (MIGHT) be delivered tomorrow. I took the day off work as well. Does PCS know about this? The woman on the phone apologised to me and said they were reviewing how their tracking service works as it's very misleading.

Last edited:

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Hmmm this has me slightly concerned as I received the same text, checking the tracker it was picked up from Leeds depot this morning and taken to Gateshead, still nothing yet and it was apparantly sent for delivery at 7.23am... fingers crossed they've got until 6pm!

cadence

Bronze Level Poster
Un-believable. I've been sat outside my flat for the past hour. 10 minutes ago I check the delivery status and it says "no one to receive card left". What a joke! They've blatantly just lied about it. The call centre is next to useless to and has apparently very little power to do anything except arrange a redelivery tomorrow, which means I have to take another day off work. It's really disgusting to be honest. PCS really need to reassess what company they use. I really wouldn't have minded paying a bit more on top of my order if I'd have the reassurance that the delivery would be made properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Well my PC has just been delivered!!!!! :D All I can say is a big big thank you to PCS, and there wasn't an issue with Yodel and their service, delivered fine, box un-damaged. Driver was as nice as pie, helped me carry it it as the box was a lot bigger than I expected lol. Made sure I was in nearly put the glass through no complaints though as I was busy playing Dark Souls upstaris!!! Pictures will be up as soon as I get this baby set up!!!!

Once again HUGE thank you!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.