The Yodel Problem Thread. Post All Comments Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maestro

yes you would like to think so wouldnt you. However, terms and conditions are wonderful things. The maximum yodel will pay out for any loss or damage on a standard next day delivery is £100 irrespective of the circumstances of the loss or damage.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
We actually have it in the contract that the courier can only deliver to the consignee at the delivery address, but this is often ignored.

I wonder if Home network delivery cowboys have the same thing in theirs with JD sports. My missus ordered something from JD in a box for chrimbo for me, I just missed the driver today, caught him as he was about to get into the van, he'd given it to the neighbours! The neighbours we really do not get on with! luckily I had seen the driver, otherwise I bet a grand on the fact I wouldn't have seen it again! The neighbour joked that he sold it on ebay! Was thinking bet you would have if the driver aint told me! And the bag was ripped open, so either the neighbour or the cowboys at home network delivery had done that!

omens

Gold Level Poster
Remember guys, Yodel have won the contract for Amazon, so either they'll step up and become a better company, or everyone will see how crap they are.

BenJM91

After reading the negative feedback I'm now pretty nervous about the delivery of my PC :/

Edit: Just amemded my order to the PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9)

Settles my nerves a tad haha

Last edited:

Matelot

Yet one more miserable experience to add to this list. Here's the message I have just sent to PCS in response to their helpful SMS message.
Thank you for the encouraging text this morning which advised me that my new laptop was 'out for delivery' today, albeit two days after despatch. Sadly, you were wrong because although it left their depot at 06:32 it returned there at 08:24 and its status hasn't been updated since.
Check out JD0002277175008584 for the whole sorry saga! I took a day's holiday yesterday, to no avail, and I have to be in the office today so I can't be at home if they do attempt to deliver. Worse still, I'm leaving for Cardiff this afternoon and won't return home until Sunday. Heaven only knows when I shall actually receive the machine.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Remember guys, Yodel have won the contract for Amazon, so either they'll step up and become a better company, or everyone will see how crap they are.

When did this happen? What happened to DPD? I ordered my trittons from amazon a last month and dpd delivered them.

Bluesteel

Where we are Yodel is quite good, so I think a lot has to do with the Depot, it also has the added advantage of being on the way home from my wifes work so she can pop in and collect it on the way home if she missed them. And DPD impressed her when they delivered her laptop on her day off, giving her a window of when they would get to the house. enabled her not to put her day on hold waiting for a parcel that usually turns up at 10 to 5.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We have been collecting feedback for many months now and we have some exciting new developments coming over the next few weeks with regards to couriers. Watch this space. :)

Omnirat

Silver Level Poster
Wow, I rang up a while ago with a problem, got sent a new GFX card and told to send my one back with the same person who was delivering the new one, so I gave it to the guy because he wouldn't give me the new one without the old one of course so he took it, received an e-mail today saying PCS has not received the GFX card which is obviously the couriers fault since I did give it to him otherwise I wouldn't of received the new one, now I have no clue what to do!

Tehmoe

Gold Level Poster
My laptop was dispatched by PCS yesterday while I was at work got a nice little text :D. To my surprise I had another text when I woke up that said I will recieve my laptop today, really like how PCS keep you informed about everything top notch. Now I'm just waiting for my delivery, on the tracking it says it left my local depo for delivery at 7:30am so I shall hopefully have it sometime soon *fingers crossed*.

Edit: Laptop came on Monday, personal had no problem so I got off lucky I guess.

Last edited:

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Yodel are crap, been waiting all day for a delivery not going out, and just had an update that there was

Delay on courier route. 22/11/11 16:45 NORWICH SERVICE CENTRE

after phoning yodel told yes you won't get today so will be delivered tomorrow, so not happy that my £1200 machine has had a nice drive today in the rain and wondering who now pays me for the time off work unpaid tomorrow, yodel or PCS?

joshh

Well, I have been so excited about recieving my PC today, as most of you I took the day off work.
I had already read this thread so i prepared myself for the worst.
I got the 'Out For Delivery' status at 10am and immediately rang Yodel up, simply to chase them, determined to get a delivery on time. I was happy to get a polite customer service girl telling me that i would 'definately' recieve it today.
Two more phone calls (1pm) (4pm) and i was told the same thing, have to say they were very polite.
My last phone call (7:20pm) wasnt so good, i was told its now going to be tommorow.
I'm not really annoyed because PCS built my PC and had it dispached in half the time estimated.
But, i dont like the fact i was given 100% reasurance from Yodel i would get the PC today, when I quite simply havnt, if they had just been honest i could of had a much more productive day and accepted the fact I have to take tommorow off too.
I was even looking forward to putting a positive post on here, I was given that much positivity it would arrive today.
I didnt want to believe a company like this would actually pointlessly lie, but they have.
Will update tommorow evening, fingers crossed :)

joshh

Well, bit of an odd one this one,
I did recieve my PC, but the the normal way :)
I rang at 8am to check that it will be loaded on a van and get to my house asap, this time i rang the deopt (maidstone) and she actually went and spoke to the driver so it was looking good, at 2pm i rang again.. the driver 'left it behind'!!!.
Online tracking says 'In transit, but possible delay'.. well it wasnt in transit.
Anway, i was talking to Lucy and she showed my situation to her boss, who flukey knew our buissness, apparently she used to deliver all the time to me,
so Lucy in an attempt to impress her boss (and me) she dropped it off to myself personally :)
She turned up with her kids in a little family car, I was full of thanks, she said ahhh im just trying to get in boss good books :) haha.
Anyway, gave her a fiver for a bottle of wine (she was such a MILF too!!)

I got very lucky though.. speaking to her she said all the drivers in her depot are Russian and communication is sometimes difficult.. oh..

Anyway, I got my PC. so very happy thanks PCS great job, youll see me again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.