The Yodel Problem Thread. Post All Comments Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I can understand your frustration but the reason there is no tracking info was explained in your other thread. The fact you are getting fed up after one failed delivery to me kinda contravenes everything you've said in the past. Im not sayign people shoulnd;t get worked up but fair enough ive youve been waiting several days for a delivery, thing is you haven't youve been waiting since yesterday and its not even halfway through today yet.

well frenchy when something crucial on your pc fails, and yodel fail to deliver we shall see how you feel?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
well frenchy when something crucial on your pc fails, and yodel fail to deliver we shall see how you feel?

I never said I wouldn't be annoyed tom, and you know very well that was not my point. My point was that the delivery is not even a full day late yet and your already backtracking on every good word you said about yodel, and tbh its only because BF3 is out and you are unable to play it. I know its frustrating, but plenty of other delivery companies ive used in the past occasionaly deliver on the wrong day, you can't just throw away every positive comment youve made about them in the past because theyre less than a day late.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
you can't just throw away every positive comment youve made about them in the past because theyre less than a day late.

I understand what you mean frenchy, and I know I have been positive about yodel in the past. But they are a day late, as it should have been yesterday, one day ago.

Maestro

How fickle we all are.

It's like someone whos had 15 fords in their lifetime, and never had a single issue , getting number 16 and having a problem with it. Then saying I would never buy ford again. Dont we all have short memories in todays fast paced modern, no patience world. :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Yay, they made it just a few mins before 17.30 so pheeeewwwwww :D

Everything looks fine for now, amazing cable management and packing.
Now busy installing and configuring things. Will post pics soon!

good good, glad ya got it in the end. :)

chrhow

Just a little niggle,

I received my PC last night (pics in the "Show off your PC" thread) but the tracking number notes that the delivery driver was unable to deliver my parcel:

Consignee Cannot Be Reached (LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Oct 2011 16:50
No One To Receive Card Left (LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Oct 2011 11:50
Out for delivery (LINCOLN SERVICE CENTRE) 31st Oct 2011 08:41

When in fact I received it last night but was unable to sign for it as the drivers' signature machine battery had ran flat.

Will this affect my ability to RMA in the future? or anything else? Thanks.

njmarkham

Bronze Level Poster
Lincoln Yodel are useless. Im still getting emails telling me they are sorry for the hold up in my delivery. My delivery was held up but I received it over a week ago [rollinglaugh]

You've been Yodelled!

cadence

Bronze Level Poster
They seem to have a compulsive need to use this "card left no one in" status, even after they've delivered the goods!

Iceash

Bronze Level Poster
Just reading the posts about yodel delivery company, i have just placed my build yesterday and am shocked as i believed that the pcs manager was going to deliver by car with 2 bikini clad goddesses carefully caressing my machine. more likely to get a bikini clad homer simpson lookalike from yodel delivering oh well just hope it won't be delivered late.

On a serious note i have never had a problem with a delivery company ups/dpd/parcel force etc if a day is mentioned i have always received on that day, might be late in the day but still same day, that thing about leaving cards is disgraceful for any company, the issue why ppl complain more i suppose with an item like a pc is the cost involved and a date being specified for delivery, ppl have busy lives and if said parcel dosn't come on the day in question then it does become quite an issue so more likely hood of complaints

St3rling

Bronze Level Poster
Ok. this doesnt really refer to Yodel delivery problems since I havent ordered my spec yet, but what if (and that is my intention) if I order the spec to the hotel where I am working?
In the case if I am not there at the time of the delivery, will I receive the parcel? (obviously the hotel is opened 24/7) so people can do a signature etc.
What do you think? Im just curious, simply I would like to plan it well.

St3

jchivers

Over the years I have purchased three computers from PCS, one desktop and two laptops. The desktop and the first laptop were delivered without any problems that I can recall and I think the carrier was City Link. The second laptop was purchased in September and delivered by Yodel - eventually. Or rather, I drove over to their agent's house and collected it! So I am pretty firmly in the anti-Yodel camp but the point made at the start of this thread, and repeated a few times, is that all parcel carriers suffer problems.

In my experience (too many years, too many parcels) the only carrier that has never failed is Royal Mail Special Delivery and I know that they will handle laptop size and weight boxes. They may not accept the big desktop parcels, but I'd be surprised. However, they certainly aren't cheap. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for and perhaps I'm a little biased because my local Sorting Office is less than two miles away and I can park outside their gate, in the event that I miss a delivery.

The point has been made that when an option for premium delivery services is provided at an extra cost, customers often ignore it and take 'free delivery'. Nothing is free in this world so you can be sure that PCS have factored in their carriage charges for all their orders. I should prefer to have the choice of paying £20 or £25 extra and know (to the best of operational circumstances etc.) that my computer would be delivered when I expected it, but perhaps that's just me.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Ok. this doesnt really refer to Yodel delivery problems since I havent ordered my spec yet, but what if (and that is my intention) if I order the spec to the hotel where I am working?
In the case if I am not there at the time of the delivery, will I receive the parcel? (obviously the hotel is opened 24/7) so people can do a signature etc.

St3

the delivery would get there, but could easilt go missing in a busy hotel, i wouldnt trust any one there to look after it.

MeveM

Bright Spark

St3

I work at a NHS "super center", a building with a bunch of GP surgeries under the same roof with x-ray etc. We're at the top floor and we get parcels of all sizes all the time. Many of our GP's, and other staff order their chrismas presents and get them delivered to our work, whomever is at the reception at the time of delivery signs and there's never ever a problem. I've myself signed for a Yodel package at the front desk as I was passing by, I just carried into the back of reception (separate room with plenty of security), and left it there. We've never ever had any issues with signing for other peoples packages, don't see why you would, just make sure you get the reception staff to expect it and get it moved to where you want it.

Maestro

We have had many occasions when someone other than the customer has signed for the pc / laptop and it has never been seen again. We actually have it in the contract that the courier can only deliver to the consignee at the delivery address, but this is often ignored. We have had them left with the builders on the building site next door to the delivery address (never seen again), signed for by someone coming out of the main entrance in a block of flats (never seen again). Signed for at the reception of various university campus's (never seen again). Signed for in various workplaces by other than the customer (never seen again).

So while it may seem convenient to request it is left with a neighbour, or left with the concierge, or given to reception, there is good reason why we dont want this to happen. No problem, if its a £10 book from amazon, but there is a little bit more at stake with a £800 pc. And when it does go missing, it isnt yodel who pick up the cost, or the customer, it is PCS.

Last edited:

chrhow

that's ridiculous, if Yodel aren't following the contract in that they are not delivering it to the consignee then they're breaking the terms of the contract and are therefore liable for the cost of the contents of the delivery, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.