Today I Have

kruppsy

Master
wth? you building a new system and you are not telling me? I hope it doesn't turn on :p

I tried to do it subtly by changing my sig, did it a few days ago. I know they don't like talking about self builds round these parts so I'm keeping it low key, apart from the photo and us chatting about it now obviously!

It probably won't turn on first time, last one I built was 7 years ago...

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I tried to do it subtly by changing my sig, did it a few days ago. I know they don't like talking about self builds round these parts so I'm keeping it low key, apart from the photo and us chatting about it now obviously!

It probably won't turn on first time, last one I built was 7 years ago...

You know you are exempt from forum rules :)
First time I did it I had problem trying to turn it on after am hour I noticed I forgot to connect the cables from the case to the motherboard. Lol love the name of the CPU cooler Macho cooler.

kruppsy

Master
You know you are exempt from forum rules :)
First time I did it I had problem trying to turn it on after am hour noticed I forgot to connect the cable from the case to the motherboard. Lol love the name of the CPU cooler Macho cooler.

Now you've reminded me of that I've got no excuses for messing that one up! I guarantee at least one schoolboy error though, they always happen. Ive got a small window on saturday morning to try and do it, so hopefully I'll be seeing you via steam on it this weekend. I've slacked on that front last couple of days, been trying to get some early nights, knackered.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Now you've reminded me of that I've got no excuses for messing that one up! I guarantee at least one schoolboy error though, they always happen. Ive got a small window on saturday morning to try and do it, so hopefully I'll be seeing you via steam on it this weekend. I've slacked on that front last couple of days, been trying to get some early nights, knackered.

Overclock the fx-6300 to 4.8 ghz, how much was everything if you don't mind me asking.

kruppsy

Master
Overclock the fx-6300 to 4.8 ghz, how much was everything if you don't mind me asking.

Yeah I'll be overclocking, looks like it's all done really simply now with these new easy-to-use bios'. I took a lot if time picking good parts to allow a high clock, looking forward to seeing what it can do.

All the parts in my sig, plus a 650w CM PSU, homeplugs and Windows came to £800, that includes the monitor as well, which was £180. Lots of deals involved in that, I managed to get the gtx 670 for £160 brand new!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Yeah I'll be overclocking, looks like it's all done really simply now with these new easy-to-use bios'. I took a lot if time picking good parts to allow a high clock, looking forward to seeing what it can do.

All the parts in my sig, plus a 650w CM PSU, homeplugs and Windows came to £800, that includes the monitor as well, which was £180. Lots of deals involved in that, I managed to get the gtx 670 for £160 brand new!

Very good value for what you are getting.

kruppsy

Master
This is what I was up to this morning...

IMAG0877.jpg

kruppsy

Master
Not far off, ran out of time earlier. Just got the gpu and DVD writer to put in and connect up, then some cable tidying. Then Windows install. Only dropped one clanger so far. Forgot to put the IO plate on before the motherboard went in, had to take it out, slowed my progress a bit that did. This is the last pic I took, but I'm a bit further along than this now...

IMAG0884.jpg

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Yeah. Finally leaving the hotel industry to start my career. Going from £7 an hour to £10.75 is pretty sweet. Not amazing, but sweet nonetheless!

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I felt a little bit miffed..... for the past year I've worked there, I've always ensured/organised that whoever leaves has received a leaving card signed by everyone.... but then as soon as it's my turn to leave I get nothing! I'm not really that bothered but it just goes to show that without me no one is ever going to get a leaving card ever again haha... or maybe they just hate me. Ah well.

Last edited:

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I'd be a bit miffed. Not about not getting the card itself, but that everyone didn't bother.

Yeah exactly... ah well. Not everyone can be as nice as me :D

Today I've been vegging and being very unproductive in anticipation of uni starting again tomorrow.

Yeah... I got up at 2pm, slobbed around, then I'm going out. Tomorrow I start my new job at Uni - it will be weird stitting on the other side of the fence as the staff as opposed to the student!