Tonights dinner - Not for vegetarians!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apologies to any veggies, look away!

My dinner tonight.... all 500g of it!

I like to do this every once in a while, just a slab of meat and a little bit of english mustard, nothing else. It's my comfort food!

IMG_1716.JPEG

IMG_1717.JPEG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Spyder this is all wrong... you need butter, garlic, rosemary... maybe some shallots. Cook it to a nice medium rare and then leave it to rest 🤣
Nah, not for me... the simpler the better.

Pan fried to seal, then 15 minutes in the oven to cook through, on the side of rare.

If it was fillet I would have had it sans mustard.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Spyder this is all wrong... you need butter, garlic, rosemary... maybe some shallots. Cook it to a nice medium rare and then leave it to rest 🤣
Nope. Salt, pepper and oil. That’s all that should be touching your steak when it’s cooking.

The steak is the star of the show, you don’t need a supporting cast.

(I used to be a chef before moving into healthcare, I have strong feelings about this kinda thing 😜)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I learnt to cook from a very young age, in fact in my secondary school cookery & needlework was compulsory in the first year for boys, and the girls had to do metalwork & woodwork

These days I'm vegan/flexitarian

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I adore food ****, the more pictures the better (y)
Hmmmm, our good friend @Stephen M has recently mentioned that it might be nice to have a food and drink area of the forum, do you think overlord @moosEh might be willing to create a sub-forum? Sounds like there’s enough interest to make it worthwhile. I’d be a regular contributor, love me some food chat 😁

Stephen M

Author Level
Would certainly be interested to share a few recipes.

Most of my protein these days is fish or cheese, cook a lot with Paneer and Holloumi.

I enjoy a steak but not very often and it has to be blue.

D

Deleted member 17413

If you're -really- good...i'll share my Blueberry and Pistachio flapjack recipe and Sour Cherry buttered sponge cake...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Would certainly be interested to share a few recipes.

Most of my protein these days is fish or cheese, cook a lot with Paneer and Holloumi.

I enjoy a steak but not very often and it has to be blue.
Speaking of fish, I treated myself and the missus to a Rick Steins at Home where they deliver the prepared ingredients, we got the Dover Sole menu.

I can't describe how good it was, I actually had to send them an email to praise them. The Sole was very simply the best piece of fish I've ever eaten, it was absolutely perfect. But every part of it was just different, elevating. The new potatoes had a sweetness to them which I'd never experienced before, and the scallop starter came with a bed of seaweed, literally harvested fresh from the shore the day it was packed, not to be eaten, but the aroma it added just lifted the dish even further. Even the sourdough bread, even though it was a couple of days old, was just divine.

And the fact they prepared it, then shipped it in a box half way across the country and it still tasted that good, is quite frankly remarkable.

I can't recommend enough for a special occasion, especially through lockdown.... damn, do it because it's a friday and we ALL deserve a treat!