Tonights dinner - Not for vegetarians!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
There is so much wrong on that first gif that I don’t even know where to start.

OH YES I DO, look at the two o’clock position on the pan and you’ll see the fat/oil practically stationary. It’s almost at the point of burning and all it’ll be doing is infusing a nice ‘abandoned chip shop’ flavour into the meat.

And why is there so much liquid in there? You don’t oil the pan, just the steak. It’s a great looking cut of meat but it wouldn’t create that amount of juice. I’ll be assuming that the cook is a moron and drowning it in unnecessary fat 🤨

I’m so annoyed... thank god there’s no cable management involved, I might just lose it altogether.

D

Deleted member 41971

I’m so annoyed... thank god there’s no cable management involved, I might just lose it altogether.

Think of the fat muscle in the steak as a kind of cable management

Breaking Pc GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Maybe even some chorizo to flavour the pan?
There is so much wrong on that first gif that I don’t even know where to start.

OH YES I DO, look at the two o’clock position on the pan and you’ll see the fat/oil practically stationary. It’s almost at the point of burning and all it’ll be doing is infusing a nice ‘abandoned chip shop’ flavour into the meat.

And why is there so much liquid in there? You don’t oil the pan, just the steak. It’s a great looking cut of meat but it wouldn’t create that amount of juice. I’ll be assuming that the cook is a moron and drowning it in unnecessary fat 🤨

Probe-Safety-19-of-24.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I made this last night. My favourite Spaghetti Bolognese recipe. Highly recommended. Add some olives and mushrooms as well and it is bang on.

Mushrooms in bolognese is an absolute hidden gem, I don't know why more people don't do it.

GeaFit

Bronze Level Poster
Did a nice fresh pasta with a tomato cream sauce last night. Pasta really is very good for the time it takes.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Did a nice fresh pasta with a tomato cream sauce last night. Pasta really is very good for the time it takes.
I love a nice simple pasta dish, my favorite has to be a aglia e olio, just simple chillies, garlic and olive oil

Ash_

Master Poster
That’s the dip for the fresh bread 😍

Derngek

Silver Level Poster
Personally if it's a high quality steak, then a simple salt, pepper will be sufficient as a well hung British beef is packed full of flavour and needs little else. A good idea to take steak out of frdge and leave at room temperature for 40 minutes before cooking. I love the Longhorn breed rib eye steak from ginger pig butchers, which supplies Hawksmoor restaurants in London.

For home cooking sauteed potatoes is my go to with steak dinners. Peeled potatoes sliced into half cm disc simmer gently into a pan of simmering water until just cooked, drain, then pan fry with veg oil and a little butter until golden on both sides.

Last edited:

Stephen M

Author Level
I often roast potatoes, sometimes with mushrooms and onions.

Quickest way is to par boil the spuds for five minutes or so, then into baking tray with other stuff still raw. If you like garlic add a dozen or so whole cloves as that is great roasted.

Then a little olive oil in a pan with a good amount of butter (butter heated through oil will not burn) and two teaspoons of Tahini plus salt and fresh ground black pepper. Once butter melted and everything mixed, spoon over the potatoes and stuff. Then roast at 180 C in a fan oven until done. Worth giving a good stir half way to make sure everything coated with butter mix.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
You can’t beat Aberdeen Angus ribeye steak aged for at least 28 days. We are lucky to have great meat and butchers in Aberdeenshire. Our local butcher’s family has herds of Aberdeen Angus and we are not too far from where the breed originated. At the butcher’s, steaks are cut to order to whatever thickness is required. No prepackaged South American beef here. The steak is the colour of mahogany due to its age, not the artificial red colour often seen in supermarkets.