Total Biscuit's Cod Ghosts MP Review.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Watching now,

[video=youtube;AAgc43e-zp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ&v=AAgc43e-zp4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Looks really good, might buy it....

[rollinglaugh]

Last edited:

Deklore

Bright Spark
Wow that looks amazing (not in a good way). I cant get over the running animation, I think its hilarious.

But yknow what, console owners are still going to be buying this by the bucket load.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Looks like PC got a crappy console port... not a next gen ps4 version.

I wouldn't buy it anyway, but it's just shoddy. And yes console monkeys will go nuts for it lol.

Rakk

The Awesome
My boss was playing this last night, at the moment there are still a lot of issues apparently, he was having a few issues with really low FPS, the sights on his guns flashing in an out of existence and a few other bits I can't remember.
Mind you, despite that I can see he's currently playing it anyways :)

Deklore

Bright Spark
I heard the FOV was locked at something like 65.
Even if I wanted to I couldn't play this game without it making me feel sick, although i am aware some people would say that about all CoD games. boom boom!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Call of Duty: Ghosts. Tops $1bn in sales on day one; gets scores of 2 to 5 out of 10 from the majority...who are in that $1bn...console monkeys really don't help themselves sometimes :D

Tom DWC

When I saw the system requirements for this game figured A. COD has finally reinvented itself and created a innovative masterpiece to rival Battlefield on PC...

Or B. COD is a badly ported, rushed mess created to make some more monies from gamers who still associate the COD franchise with the games that were actually good.

Looks like it's B. then. Though the campaign being rubbish is a new low, until now they've usually managed pretty great at best and not half bad at worst.

I really wish Ghosts could be to Call of Duty games what George Clooney was to the Batman movies (is that too harsh on Ghosts?) Because then we might actually get a much needed hiatus and eventually another good Call of Duty game one of these days. Won't happen though.

Last edited:

rickne

Master Poster
When I saw the system requirements for this game figured A. COD has finally reinvented itself and created a innovative masterpiece to rival Battlefield on PC...

Or B. COD is a badly ported, rushed mess created to make some more monies from gamers who still associate the COD franchise with the games that were actually good.

Looks like it's B. then. Though the campaign being rubbish is a new low, until now they've usually managed pretty great at best and not half bad at worst.

I really wish Ghosts could be to Call of Duty games what George Clooney was to the Batman movies (is that too harsh on Ghosts?) Because then we might actually get a much needed hiatus and eventually another good Call of Duty game one of these days. Won't happen though.

I had hoped in all sincerity that MOH came back and trounced it . But that failed too.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Wow amazing just when I checked to see if I was watching this vid at 480p I find it's at 1080p HD shocking :whistling:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
My mate works in Asda in the entertainment section and he said they sold hardly any Ghosts at all, like literally 2 or 3 but no more than that. None of the limited edition or hardened versions sold or any of the headsets, etc. I know asda isn't the 'coolest' place to get your games from but they do regular midnight launches and normally get a really decent turnout.

Mind you, I think he said battlefield didn't sell that many either..

Deklore

Bright Spark
My mate works in Asda in the entertainment section and he said they sold hardly any Ghosts at all, like literally 2 or 3 but no more than that. None of the limited edition or hardened versions sold or any of the headsets, etc. I know asda isn't the 'coolest' place to get your games from but they do regular midnight launches and normally get a really decent turnout.

Mind you, I think he said battlefield didn't sell that many either..

Dyou think maybe people are waiting for next-gen versions?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Dyou think maybe people are waiting for next-gen versions?

This is what I said to my mate, I said who realistically is going to buy a ps3 game if they already have a ps4 on preorder. I know you can transfer the game over for a tenner or something but that's not the point, surely the game has been made for next-gen consoles and therefore the current-gen ones are going to be lacking..

Deklore

Bright Spark
This is what I said to my mate, I said who realistically is going to buy a ps3 game if they already have a ps4 on preorder. I know you can transfer the game over for a tenner or something but that's not the point, surely the game has been made for next-gen consoles and therefore the current-gen ones are going to be lacking..

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Also whats interesting is that CoD has always been the flagship franchise for Xbox. Now with the xbone version being inferior to the ps4 (and now with reports of framerate issues), makes me wonder if the Microsoft x-bros will jump ship.

I also wonder if Activision will release actual 24hr sales figures. Theres no doubt about BF4 being superior to Ghosts in every way. I just wonder if the drone masses will realise it or just plump for CoD the way they always do.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
What can you kill other than players?

Ghosts: Dogs

BF4: Street lights, cover, houses, skyscrapers and if your evil mind demands it, whole forests of trees.

Completely off-topic I know, but it has always made me wonder why I can sit behind a tree in FPS games without taking damage. Pretty sure multiple bullets and/or an RPG would rather disagree with the trees lifelong ambition to survive :)

Deklore

Bright Spark
Ha! That reminds me of a BF3 moment. Was trapped in a building surrounded by enemies. No one would come in cos i had the door covered. Along came a tank and progressively started blowing away the whole building. Managed to avoid the shells, but now my cover was gone.

Needless to say i died. LOL