Update on orders for those who have to or want to wait

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Hi Guy's

Not sure how practical this would be for you but I would have liked a weekley update on the progress of my order, just something to let me know whats happening and the status of when you expect stock to arrive etc
Perhaps this could be done for people who's orders have been pending for 2/3 weeks and are still waiting

I noticed that there was an update on the Corsair 600T and that you expect them to arrive on the 12th, I'm not going to get too excited just yet (well maybe a little :D)
but would have been a nice touch if someone could have let me know as I only found it on the forum by chance

As I say not sure how practical this would be as I am not sure how many back orders you have and how much time you guy's have to do such tasks, but just a suggestion :cool:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We do send quite a lot of emails to customers updating them of their order status, and even when items of stock are missing we send updates to let customers know when the stock is coming back in. An email update is sent at pretty much every stage of production and therefore a weekly update would just be informing you that nothing has changed...

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Hi PCS,

I ordered my system on the 1st Sept and I haven't had a single message of any order updates, Although I have had some reminding me that payment hasn't been received on an order amendment.
I guess I have slipped through the net?

Rakk

The Awesome
Although I have had some reminding me that payment hasn't been received on an order amendment.

It probably gets put on hold until payment is received - cos I doubt they can continue until you've paid for the amendment - unless it's a delivery option change.

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Hi Rakk,

I paid by BACS so it just took a few days to go through and the guy's were probably just checking that I had done something about it, It was all sorted a day later ;)
I only started this thread because I hadn't received any confirmation on progress or anything for that matter and wasn't aware the guy's have a process of of updating customers, but since they do all is good, I guess I have just been unlucky and as I said just slipped through the net

Sleinous

Author Level
It probably gets put on hold until payment is received - cos I doubt they can continue until you've paid for the amendment - unless it's a delivery option change.

Yes likely, you get emails for Pre-Production, In-Building, In-Testing, Dispatched + Text MSG, also, when parts are out of stock or there's an issue with payment or some part of your order build.

Will

Bronze Level Poster
I bought the 5 day building time yesterday and today I seen my order status go to in building, then in testing and now it is currently in QC! :)

Will

Bronze Level Poster
Case
STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA CASE + 2 FRONT USB
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-870 Quad Core (2.93GHz, 8MB Cache) + Turbo Boost
Motherboard
ASUS® P7P55 LX: USB 2.0 & SATA 3.0Gb/s, CrossFireX™ SUPPORT
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card
768MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX460 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)
Power Supply & Case Cooling
450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£29)
Processor Cooling
INTEL SOCKET LGA1156 STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Monitor
19" Wide TFT Silver/Black 1440 x 900 5MS, D-Sub, DVI, 18.5" Panel (£89)
DVI Cable
1 x 2 Metre DVI Cable (£5)
Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® Internet 350 USB Keyboard (£9)
Mouse
Black Logitech® Optical Wheel Mouse USB (£5)
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 9 to 12 working days
Quantity
Price: £876.00 including VAT and delivery.

I ordered on the 29/09, it took six days to go into pre-production and now it's in QC lol
Totally worth the £40, :D

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
SteveB

When I search your account, I cannot see any orders, just two quotes. Unless you've ordered them under a different email address to what you've registered on the forum with?

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
PCS, I kind of did but in error, I used - actually I will pm you what happened

Nice system Will, hope it arrives in time for the weekend for ya

Edit: I can't sus out how to pm for some reason but basically what happened was that I have 2 hot mail accounts and I got the address abit confused but then I contacted you guy's to have it changed and was told it had been

Edit: my bad, I did use a different email address, I have changed it to what I placed the order with now so you should be able to see all

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I can see you now steve! :)

You haven't received any emails because you're still at the pre-production stage. This is where the backlog is at the moment, and also you're waiting for the Corsair 600T gaming case. We don't have any stock yet, and you will have been informed of this before you placed your order.

However, the good news is that stock is landing to us later this week/start of next week (all being well).

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Ahh I see so only after pre prod do emails start to go out!

Ye fingers crossed the stock finds it way to you guy's as I'm sure I am not the only one waiting on this case

Can you confirm the other bits n bobs are in stock or should I call the help desk? I don't want to get all excited when the case arrives only to find out some thing else is out of stock, that would just reduce me to tears

Gorman

Author Level
No youre not the only one.

I am going to do things to this case when it arrives, bad things.

Edit:

Dont worry about the other components, the only reason this delay has been so epic is the case is literally not availiable, everything else we can get our grubby mits on if its in stock here or not.

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Give it hell Gorman lol, just hope you have enough to go round

Cool, so assuming the case arrives early part of next week I should see my new toy by the mid to end of the following week?

Sleinous

Author Level
No youre not the only one.

I am going to do things to this case when it arrives, bad things.

Edit:

Dont worry about the other components, the only reason this delay has been so epic is the case is literally not availiable, everything else we can get our grubby mits on if its in stock here or not.

Wouldnt happen to have anything to do with that cargo ship im holding up at Southampton docks? :) Is this case something many people are looking fwd to or something? Seems many peeps are waiting for it.

Gorman

Author Level
Give it hell Gorman lol, just hope you have enough to go round

Cool, so assuming the case arrives early part of next week I should see my new toy by the mid to end of the following week?

When the case arrives, i will be in a position to answer that.

Wouldnt happen to have anything to do with that cargo ship im holding up at Southampton docks? :) Is this case something many people are looking fwd to or something? Seems many peeps are waiting for it.

This case will be the standard for the next year or two, easily.

From a PC enthusiasts point of view its very exciting to see the follow up to the 800D.

SteveB

Gold Level Poster
Wouldnt happen to have anything to do with that cargo ship im holding up at Southampton docks?

Grrrrrr.. We know where you live Sleinous, Ok we don't but please release it as I neeeeeed my new machine ;)

Last edited: