Video clips freezing.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I have a problem I'm struggling to fix,hoping one of you guys can help.
When I play a video clip on bbc news,it freezes,almost always on 7 seconds.
This doesn't happen with you tube videos.I use firefox,IE gives the same problem,but it works ok with google chrome,I just don't like using chrome.
Things I've tried.
Disabling hardware acceleration on flash player/reinstalling flash player/clearing browser cache & history/increasing the time of the "browser.sessionstore.interval"/reinstalling firefox/reinstalling graphics driver,at the moment I'm trying the lastest beta driver,
all to no avail, Ive also checked internet speed & it's ok.
Any help much appreciated.

Buzz

Master
Hummm. BBC use Flash dont they? I know chrome ditched flash the other day for an integrated video player...

Did it work before mate and only giving u probs now or ??

whats the link you are trying to connect to.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Thanks for the reply Buzz,but I just found the problem, It was because I was too far zoomed in to the web page,
I spent hours on this, lol.

Buzz

Master
Thanks for the reply Buzz,but I just found the problem, It was because I was too far zoomed in to the web page,
I spent hours on this, lol.

Wow and that stopped it from playing?? Very odd. Still least ya got it sorted. Hate when that happens mate. Been there so so many times. sigh lol

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Wow and that stopped it from playing?? Very odd. Still least ya got it sorted. Hate when that happens mate. Been there so so many times. sigh lol
Yeah,just double checked & zooming in just that tad too much,then playing a video,it freezes (any video clip on bbc news)strangely,almost always on 7 seconds.I could almost swear though it worked before, zooming in further.

Last edited:

Buzz

Master
Yeah,just double checked & zooming in just that tad too much freezes the video (any video clip on bbc news)strangely,almost always on 7 seconds.I could almost swear though it worked before, zooming in further.

Very odd. I nearly always zoom in myself and never noticed any issue. What % you zooming in at.

Send me the link you are trying to play and the zoom settings, Ill see if it does same here.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Very odd. I nearly always zoom in myself and never noticed any issue. What % you zooming in at.

Send me the link you are trying to play and the zoom settings, Ill see if it does same here.
I really never notice the % as as I use CTRL+scroll wheel all the time to zoom in & out of web pages.
It happens with any video clip on bbc news,well now it does,sure it didn't before.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Buzz

Master
Zoom on all settings on all browsers works fine for me on that website. What version of flash have you installed?

Buzz

Master
I am actually having issues with some sites using the latest flash also. Just updated it this am after saw your post. As I use Chrome and was always built in.
Chrome all the way.. The phone app is class also. Can see what tabs are open on desktop from within chrome app. Very handy..

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I am actually having issues with some sites using the latest flash also. Just updated it this am after saw your post. As I use Chrome and was always built in.
Chrome all the way.. The phone app is class also. Can see what tabs are open on desktop from within chrome app. Very handy..
Sorted,well at least with firefox,which is all I use anyway.Installing an older version (10,1,53,64) of flash player did the trick.I remember now updating the graphics card driver just before the problem started,so I reckon it's maybe an issue between flash player & graphics drivers.
Thanks for the help Buzz.:)