warnings in event viewer

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Anyone had or know about these warnings i keep getting.
Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Warning 18/11/2010 07:06:52 Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance 500 Desktop Window Manager Monitoring "The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention.
Scenario : The Desktop Window Manager responsiveness has degraded."
Warning 18/11/2010 07:06:52 Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance 501 Desktop Window Manager Monitoring "The Desktop Window Manager is experiencing heavy resource contention.
Reason : CPU resources are over-utilized.
Diagnosis : A sharp degradation in Desktop Window Manager responsiveness was observed."
Ive been getting these warnings ive discovered since day one.Techy forums ive been on cite almost every possibility,drivers,memory,gpu,cpu,psu & motherboard.not been doing much more than browsing & watching telly on media centre,sometimes i dont think i was doing anything.Another 2 warnings i get, i assume when booting are,
Error 18/11/2010 06:29:09 Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance 100 Boot Performance Monitoring "Windows has started up:
Boot Duration : 69135ms
IsDegradation : false
Incident Time (UTC) : ‎2010‎-‎11‎-‎18T06:27:12.671600300Z"
Error 18/11/2010 06:29:09 Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance 100 Boot Performance Monitoring "Windows has started up:
Boot Duration : 69135ms
Incident Time (UTC) : ‎2010‎-‎11‎-‎18T06:27:12.671600300Z"
Warning 18/11/2010 06:29:09 Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance 200 Shutdown Performance Monitoring "Windows has shutdown:
Shutdown Duration : 21119ms
Incident Time (UTC) : ‎2010‎-‎11‎-‎17T23:44:53.716987500Z"
I dont know if they are linked,these warnings i get on every boot & go back to before i got computer.I have updated gpu driver,but im a bit wary about doing the bios.

Gorman

Author Level
ok, looking into this.

Are they coming up as error popups or is this in the logs.

Are they showing as errors or just information?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
ok, looking into this.

Are they coming up as error popups or is this in the logs.

Are they showing as errors or just information?
Its in the event viewer logs,performance details,events 500 & 501 showing as warnings,100 & 200 thats the boot ones showing as errors,sometimes critical.

Gorman

Author Level

Gorman

Author Level
Ok, i suppose the next logical step would be to remove the ATI drivers / CC Centre and see if the event logs remain clear.

If so install the latest version from www.ATI.com and see if they return.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
No joy gorman,thing is those warnings were on pc before i got it about 4 weeks ago,strange thing is the warnings go back to 11/2/10,(thats the 100 & 200 events)

Gorman

Author Level
To February?

The maximum amount of time between deployment and the customer activating Windows is only around 30 days, i suspect as the machine was loaded it had the wrong BIOS time.

Give us a call on 0844 499 4000 if possible when near the machine, let the Help desk guys have a proper look at it.

jimmyusee

"Ok, i suppose the next logical step would be to remove the ATI drivers / CC Centre and see if the event logs remain clear If so install the latest version from www.ATI.com and see if they return"

Sorry if this is no help but I seem to be having problems regarding ATI drivers and the CCCentre. AMD have stated they know about these problems with the drivers but I know that won't help anyone.
I hope it's not but if it is, you are not alone.
Not even been able to run my new computer yet out of safe-mode when the drivers are installed, 3 days now and no solutions, I'm stumped as to what next, I hope you sort out your problems.

Gorman

Author Level
"Ok, i suppose the next logical step would be to remove the ATI drivers / CC Centre and see if the event logs remain clear If so install the latest version from www.ATI.com and see if they return"

Sorry if this is no help but I seem to be having problems regarding ATI drivers and the CCCentre. AMD have stated they know about these problems with the drivers but I know that won't help anyone.
I hope it's not but if it is, you are not alone.
Not even been able to run my new computer yet out of safe-mode when the drivers are installed, 3 days now and no solutions, I'm stumped as to what next, I hope you sort out your problems.

What have the call centre had to say about this jimmyusee?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I havent had any 500 or 501 event warnings since reinstalling ati drivers & cc centre,touch wood,& the pc is running a lot better.These warnings were a bit more worrying i thought than the 100 & 200 im still getting on start up,maybe its something else causing this,will have another bash to see if i can pinpoint the reason,but as gorman said they shouldnt go back to february,i cant understand that,so maybe have to call for help.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
just got a bsod,i switched aero on,then when i closed window,monitor screen went all colours for a split second,bsod for not much longer, hadnt time to read anything then computer rebooted.

Gorman

Author Level
Get in touch with our helpdesk on 0844 499 4000 when near the machine, drag the bsod error code out of the logs if possible.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Get in touch with our helpdesk on 0844 499 4000 when near the machine, drag the bsod error code out of the logs if possible.
Just off the phone to helpline, he looked at the logs and told me to uninstall ati stuff again,then run it for a couple of hours.but i dont know now if he meant just leave it on or do stuff.cant do anything much anyway wont run media centre or play game,so i dont know what to do now,wether to call him back after a couple of hours or what.

Gorman

Author Level
What was the guys name? PM me your order number.

They will ring you and get this sorted out or at least a definative fault found.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
What was the guys name? PM me your order number.

They will ring you and get this sorted out or at least a definative fault found.
Ive tried to pm you but never done it before so not sure if youll get the message.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Theyre sending me out replacement graphics card,im not so sure thats the problem, especially with the boot warnings,then again im sure they know better.