WaterCooling my Baby

NMEBowen

Master Poster
ok so ive decided to sli my 580`s and the 2 cards together in that way scares me about heat and the fact one gpu will be covered so hardly any air will get to it so ive been looking at watercooling the lot i know if im buying fitting i want bitpower and ive decided on EK-FC580 GTX - Acetal (Nvidia 580 GTX) blocks for my gpu`s but here where it gets tricky what should i do about my cpu i have a cool it eco fitted so do i buy a new cpu block can i use the eco one or do i leave it? also do anyone have any thoughts on this Koolance Exos-2 V2 EX2-755 External System - Black

41078_0.jpg]

some self contained unit on the market looks neat and all i would have to do is work out my fittings and gpu placement before i run a pressured system test then fit it in my case.

any suggestions im not bad at plumbing so i guess i should be ok at watercooling touch wood.

just some ideas from pros may be of help

many thanks jon

tom_gr7

Life Serving
what case do you have dude? I'm not clued up on watercooling, but have you considered sticking with liquid cooling?

Such as the coolit omni perhaps? As Corsair now market their products they may do a version for the 580.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
id get a new block and create a full custom loop. Seems a bit of a waste going with a really nice coolin setup for the rest but leaving the cpu with substandard watercooling.

Gorman

Author Level
Full custom loop, if its being done, do it all

note i say custom loop as well, no kits, you will just end up replacing the kit parts anyway!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
gorman how do you feel about that self contained pump res and rad thing i put on my 1st post if i go for the full loop cpu,gpu`s ,ram, mosfets, and sli bridge should the 700watts of cooling be ok for that is that worth it for £260 ?

Gorman

Author Level
There have been quite a few versions of these things over the years, im not a massive fan. Custom loops, pump dies, you replace the pump not the whole lot etc.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
i just thought it would be nice and tidy thats all i know the nzxt phantom case is a whoper but i kind of like the idea of just running my piped to the waterblocks then straight out to a self contained unit and from the ones ive seen this is the best money for what it offers and i think id be happy just taking it apart and finding replacement parts it also means i could drain the system easily and still transport my rig. Though for everything i need/would like its gonna be near 1600 quid for all the upgrades id like which is quite alot concidering its only a gaming pc.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
just wondering what i can run off a 240mm rad as thats the biggest i can fit inside my case? i obviously want to run a cpu and 2 gpu blocks but i was looking at a sli block and a ram block also ive been looking at the thick 240mm rad will this run everything?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
ive looked at a xspc rx240 rad thats duel thickness the reason for that rad is anything over 240mm and i wont be able to fit it inside my case.