Weird NEtwork Error

pez

As you know, I'm waiting for a new SSD to be shipped out. However, I've installed the OS onto the backup drive.

Now, I've installed steam, and I can get to the net, as I'm posting here, but for some reason Steam will NOT recognize I'm connected to the net.

I've deleted the .blob file, re-installed Steam 5 times. I can;t connect to the router either, which is a little weird, which kinda implies the LAN Drivers.

Any thoughts? How can I un-install them?

Gorman

Author Level
What does device manager have to say about the nic? have you installed the drivers from the disk?

pez

I have installed the drivers.

As for the NIC...how do I check?

Ok, I've just un-installed all the drivers. downloading the 6300 drivers now. another 10 mins should be good.

I also installed CIR I believe...and that may be the issue *shrugs*

Gorman

Author Level
right click computer > manage > device manager > expand network adaptors > tell me whats listed

pez

Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #3
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #4
JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Ultimate-N 6300 AGN

These are all installed now. I still can;t get to 198.168.0.1

I've just installed the 6300 drivers from the main site.

Under Option Drivers (On the driver disc)

Install CIR Driver to your system

pez

setting up msn now. not used in 5 years ;)

fkin hell. How much god damned bloat ware??????? It's installing a virtual toothpick now...*shrugs*..

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hope you guys sorted it, if not bug me on livechat tomorrow... today? Christ is that the time.

pez

Hey Jak. Yeah was a bit of a late one with gorman.....ummm....does that sound wrong? lol

We managed to get past some tcp issues as far as I can tell *shrugs* Steam is loading some games so I'm good for the weekend and then it's back to a completely fresh install when the new SSD turns up next week :Q

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Good stuff, and my lips are sealed about late nights with Gorman.

Will update you about the SSD's as soon as I know.

pez

Nice one Matey :) Do we have an approximate ETA? Monday / Tuesday next week?

Maestro

The new SSD has been sent via dhl exchange and is due to arrive on monday. Just have your old ssd ready to hand to the courier well packaged.

pez

Wow. Rapid response Maestro. Thanks for the promptness :) Is it the 600gig 6gb SSD that Danny said he would send me? :D

Maestro

Is it still april 1st.

No, but it is the brand new intel 320 series ssd. You are the first to get one of these drives as we only received them today so let us know what you think.