What can my GTX 460 do?

Varithgar

Pre Note: I suck when it comes to posting in the right section so please feel free to kick my ass into another board if i'm not where I should be.

I've ordered a pretty awesome PC (awesome being the regular standard that PCS provide :D) and I ordered an [LG W2361V-PF 23" LCD Wide, Full HD Gaming monitor 300cdm/2 1920 x 1080 2ms] (also called a "Flatron" aswell methinks) to go with it.

I'll be connecting my GTX 460 to the screen with a HDMI cable (at the native 1920 x 1080) if that makes any difference which i'm pretty sure the only difference between HDMI and DVI/VGA etc. is HDMI carries audio aswell as video but onto the real question.

I will soon have my super awesome PC with a nVidia GeForce GTX 460 768MB Version in it and my question is, What would my GTX 460 768MB be able to run on full graphics? Or more so What is it capable of?

Now I know it's no killer card that can breeze through anything but I know it's a decent card so to start with I ask could it run theses games on full graphics?

Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV (I will be using a good few graphically enhancing mods),
Global Agenda,
VALVe games such as TF2, Portal etc.
And Call of Duty: WaW.

Anything vital i've missed out can also deserve a butt kicking but other than that, Thanks for reading,
Lew.

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
shud be good on WaW? ive just finished some campign games on cod blackops on my ati radeon 5750 and ther was not once instance of lagg and it performed too good!

may i ask, how much did that monitor cost?

Gorman

Author Level
It will run all of the above on max, for the real magic get some dx 11 tech demos and have a look once you have it

Sleinous

Author Level
just a note: DVI also carries audio. I prefer connecting a pc monitor via dvi, dont ask me why :p

you should also be running folding@home ;)

Varithgar

"running folding@home"? XD

And It will be quite a jump from the 8400GS I have now.

Unfortunately, when I went to get a 'decent' pc from PC world (Which I now know that there is no such thing) some idiot that had next to no experience sold me my PC (me back then being about 11 not knowing megabytes from a megahertz), he told me that the 8400GS was the best card to have at that time (4 years ago) and now I see how PC world train their little little "cloned employees" to blab out the same crap to customers. I swear this is what happens inside a PC-World Employee's head.

Customer want computer UGG!?
Yes - No
If no; "Let me hand to other employee UGG!"
If yes; "Customer Say Money!?"
PC-World Employee processes number the customer says and takes away £100 from the budget the customer has (this is probably to substitute for the stupidly high warranty charges they dish out) to gain maximum value for money, (facepalm)
PC-World Employee taps into macro server and uses the appropriate macro for the customer's needs.

I swear PC-World..... Just that name makes me angry!

Anyway, Rant over, I feel Like I should be in the ranting thread. ¬.¬

Craig

Silver Level Poster
It should be more like, what can't a 460 run.

It is fine for now, can run most games flawless.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
"running folding@home"? XD

And It will be quite a jump from the 8400GS I have now.

Unfortunately, when I went to get a 'decent' pc from PC world (Which I now know that there is no such thing) some idiot that had next to no experience sold me my PC (me back then being about 11 not knowing megabytes from a megahertz), he told me that the 8400GS was the best card to have at that time (4 years ago) and now I see how PC world train their little little "cloned employees" to blab out the same crap to customers. I swear this is what happens inside a PC-World Employee's head.

You bought yourself a PC when you were 11?! And folding@home is where people download and run clients to perform simulations of how protein folds to help scientists further their research on diseases to find cures to them.

cjc1984

Bronze Level Poster
Just a quick note (please correct me if I am wrong) the display ports on the GTX 460 are

2 x Dual Link DVI-I
1x Mini HDMI

Hence you will need a mini HDMI to HDMI cable

cjc1984

Bronze Level Poster
It could very well do, and probably does, was just posting to make double sure you were aware that it was a mini hdmi port, just in case it didnt

Varithgar

I think when I get my PC from PCS I'm going to install every PC game known to man-kind and see if the 460 can max it with the new Flatron! xD

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
Just a quick note (please correct me if I am wrong) the display ports on the GTX 460 are

2 x Dual Link DVI-I
1x Mini HDMI

Hence you will need a mini HDMI to HDMI cable

Yeah it should come with those as well as a VGA connection but I'm not sure if a convertor will be supplied.