What do I Do if a company hasn't delivered a order?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
morning all

looking for a lil bit of advice, I ordered a coat for the missus from boohoo.com, ordered from them before so didn't see any problem with it.

The problem is that they never sent me a email saying it was dispatched, thought nothing of it as the site said it was dispatched.

So its been a week, and not had any package at all. Have no tracking info as they never sent email, so cant track it. Neighbours have not received it, well they say they aint.

Emailed boohoo twice, once two days ago and once today, heard nothing. They have no phone number, the only number i could find on yahoo stated "welcome to boohoo.com this number is not active anymore and email to get response etc" hmmm

Where do I stand here, So far they are ignoring my emails, cant call as they have no number. oh yeah they have charged my card, they clearly didn't forget to do that.

any replies are welcome.

thanks Tom

edit - reading consumer direct at the moment.

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
If you can't get through to them at all, talk to your credit card company (presuming it was a credit card) and explain what has happened, they may be able to refund you the money since you've never had the goods.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
It was on my visa debit. I know I should have used my credit card. Stupid me.

I think I can ask the bank to do a visa charge back.

PokerFace

Banned
It was on my visa debit. I know I should have used my credit card. Stupid me.

I think I can ask the bank to do a visa charge back.

That's correct Tom, but bear in mind that apparantly a lot of bank employees don't know about the debit card "Chargeback" scheme. So if you get some resistance, insist on speaking to a supervisor or manager.

Here's some links below. On the first link, scroll almost to the bottom of the page to the "How does Chargeback work?" section.

Chargeback - moneysavingexpert.com

Chargeback - whatconsumer.co.uk

Good luck!

edit: If you are physically going to your bank (the one that issued the debit card) it may be worth taking a couple of printouts of relevant website info.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
No problem. Let us know how you get on.

well my lass emailed them threatening to contact trading standards, slating their customer service, they replied pretty sharpish , still ignored my two emails though. They said to give them order number etc and they will trace the order.

Still waiting for a reply. Will see what they say, depending on how they reply, will decide what I choose to do next. If I get the coat then happy dayish, but if they claim its been delivered well guess I will be calling trading standards, consumer direct and the bank lol.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
up date, they replied to the first email i sent, saying the product is out of stock and they are refunding me. hmmmm but not had any confirmation of the refund yet,

Rakk

The Awesome
Glad that they did actually get back to you, refunds can sometimes take a while to register, so I've give it a day or two.
As well as that if they've only just got to your first email, they may be backlogged or just hideously inefficient, so they may not be the speediest bunch ever.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
As well as that if they've only just got to your first email, they may be backlogged or just hideously inefficient, so they may not be the speediest bunch ever.

Well I thought that too, but the missus sent a email a copy of days ago, just generally stating them, they replied to that one straight away, but never replied to the reply she sent back.

I think they are just a crap little company, that probably only has a one or maybe two members for the customer service team, which they claim is very good. They were happy enough to take my money, but god knows if they have even dispatched the order in the first place, as their site says they have.

Kai121

Bronze Level Poster
When I did customer services for Sky we had this same issue, as it turned out the e-mails sorting (which we couldn't change on our system because we were outsourced and chordiant was rubbish anyway even when it wasn't crashing) always started newest e-mails first so what happened was someone would send an e-mail at night and would get stuck in the backlog, however during the day when we were actually going through things they would send another e-mail which went straight to the top of the pile and was seen to very quickly which gave them the impression that when they threatened us we were most likely to respond, whereas it just happened to come in when we were working. I always advise my mates and family to send an e-mail to a company first at 10am and again at 4pm as at those times the amount of e-mails companies get is generally much smaller and your e-mail is more likely to get seen to faster.

Hope this helps :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
When I did customer services for Sky we had this same issue, as it turned out the e-mails sorting (which we couldn't change on our system because we were outsourced and chordiant was rubbish anyway even when it wasn't crashing) always started newest e-mails first so what happened was someone would send an e-mail at night and would get stuck in the backlog, however during the day when we were actually going through things they would send another e-mail which went straight to the top of the pile and was seen to very quickly which gave them the impression that when they threatened us we were most likely to respond, whereas it just happened to come in when we were working. I always advise my mates and family to send an e-mail to a company first at 10am and again at 4pm as at those times the amount of e-mails companies get is generally much smaller and your e-mail is more likely to get seen to faster.

Hope this helps :)

I get ya dude, but then how come the email I sent last week was replied this afternoon, but the complaint email I sent this morning about 10am was never replied to at all, would have gone straight to the top of the list, with a subject "compliant email IMPORTANT"

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
let me be brutally honest and probably offend somebody as I always do.

Don't deal with a company that, for one, may not even be an actual company, one that does NOT have a physical location, I only buy from places which actually have shops and establishments.

Never buy from somewhere with no contact number, emails are easy to ignore, as you've just found out.

And for the honest part, they just seem like a terrible, inefficient company who could possibly be selling items which they don't have in stock, I am SURE I've had something ''dispatched'' before which was NOT dispatched, but if you don't dispatch within a certain amount of days Amazon won't charge the buyer until it has been dispatched.

Just remember, buy from big names, well established companies, I know sometimes you have to go to small supplies to get an item which no one else has but, it won't be worth the hassle.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
up date,m just got email confirming my refund, its funny how I threatened to go to trading standards and then they pull out their finger.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lol they still aint emailed my complaint back, but they replied to my lasses complaint email. Lol they claim the item was out of stock, she said why did you take my money then if you were never planning to send it!

long and short, avoid boohoo.com

ps tell the wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters, cousins lol everyone.......

Tom