Where is everyone from?

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
As I'm curious, be good to know where the regular members (well, anyone really) is from.

I'll start....

Born in Karachi, Pakistan.

Moved to the States when I was 13. Initially lived in Fort Lee, New Jersey before going to Buffalo, New York for University. A few years in Hartford, Connecticut and then finally Los Angeles, California.

Last move was in 2007 when I moved to the UK and have lived in Watford, Hertfordshire since.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
You'll find that most of the regulars here are from the UK, but they'll introduce themselves as and when they see the thread I'm sure.

I'm from Liverpool, a little city that you may have heard of. We've done a few things to get noticed by the wider world to be fair.

Other than a 6 month period in 2008/09 when I lived in Germany, I've been here my whole life.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm High Wycombe, born and bred, this town used to be know as the furniture capitol of the world with furniture factories around just about every corner, but alas these days there is no furniture industry here

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’m a Scouser too (i.e. from the correct side of the River Mersey in Liverpool).

Spent most of my working life out of the UK, supporting management consultants in Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Russia, UAE, US (Philly & New Jersey).

More recently (I.e. last 10 years) I’ve been working in London and commuting from Liverpool every week.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
18E90A5E-9BE6-4A43-9BD7-7C59CCC0DEC7.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'm from the Discworld:

My Parents would call me British, but I consider myself an International Man Of Mystery.

View attachment 30266
I was pretty sure you were from the London area… shows what I know!

I should also update my original answer as the finger pointed to where I was from. Where I’m actually resident these days is in and around Cambridge, with the shocking realisation that I’ve been here for almost thirteen years. No wonder the family tell me I’ve ‘gone soft’ when I head back up North.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

I should also update my original answer as the finger pointed to where I was from. Where I’m actually resident these days is in and around Cambridge, with the shocking realisation that I’ve been here for almost thirteen years. No wonder the family tell me I’ve ‘gone soft’ when I head back up North.
It's not quite the same though when you point it out, loses some of the magic:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

My family call me soft and they've never been up north, what does that say?

SiAdams

I’m from sunny Manchester 😂 all it seems to do here is rain ☔️

Haven’t seen anyone else from Manchester in this forum yet! I can’t be the only Manc surely 🥺

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Although, as American's, our geographic knowledge is pretty poor so appreciate the map.
During the first Gulf War I was on a flight from Washington DC to London (the one in England, not the one in Ohio). As we were coming in to Heathrow the American next to me was looking at the large scale map of the western hemisphere that they publish in the back of the in-flight magazine. He told me he was reconsidering his visit to Rome and when I asked why he pointed to Iraq on the map and said "that's way too close to be safe, Saddam has Scud missiles!". I did try to explain to him about map scales and the actual distances involved - and that a Scud fired from Iraq wouldn't even make it to the Mediterranean Sea, but it was hopeless. Italy and Iraq were on the same page of the map and that was all he needed to know......

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
During the first Gulf War I was on a flight from Washington DC to London (the one in England, not the one in Ohio). As we were coming in to Heathrow the American next to me was looking at the large scale map of the western hemisphere that they publish in the back of the in-flight magazine. He told me he was reconsidering his visit to Rome and when I asked why he pointed to Iraq on the map and said "that's way too close to be safe, Saddam has Scud missiles!". I did try to explain to him about map scales and the actual distances involved - and that a Scud fired from Iraq wouldn't even make it to the Mediterranean Sea, but it was hopeless. Italy and Iraq were on the same page of the map and that was all he needed to know......
I was due to go to Cyprus in 2003 as tensions between the US, UK and Iraq were escalating again. Mum was worried about me being so close to Iraq, as she'd seen the news reports of training exercises being launched from RAF Akrotiri in preparation for war. I pointed out that yes, there was an RAF base up the road from where I was staying, so Cyprus was a potential target, but if war broke out, the RAF would look to evacuate Brits from Cyprus. As it was, it was safe enough for me to spend the week there and it was all fine.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I was due to go to Cyprus in 2003 as tensions between the US, UK and Iraq were escalating again. Mum was worried about me being so close to Iraq, as she'd seen the news reports of training exercises being launched from RAF Akrotiri in preparation for war. I pointed out that yes, there was an RAF base up the road from where I was staying, so Cyprus was a potential target, but if war broke out, the RAF would look to evacuate Brits from Cyprus. As it was, it was safe enough for me to spend the week there and it was all fine.
Mums are funny creatures. In my very earliest working years I worked for (what became) BT and spent a few weeks as an apprentice working in Birmingham Anchor, the underground nuclear bunker telephone exchange beneath Birmingham. (I don't think it's secret any more? If it is I guess guys in black suits will be knocking on my door very shortly!). And yes, there's one under many of the major cities in the UK. (I'm just making it worse for myself aren't I?). My mum was terrified for me, she somehow imagined than me working in a nuclear hardened telephone exchange made the threat of nuclear war somehow greater. Mind you, given how little I knew back then and how much sercure kit there was down there she might have been right...!

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mums are funny creatures. In my very earliest working years I worked for (what became) BT and spent a few weeks as an apprentice working in Birmingham Anchor, the underground nuclear bunker telephone exchange beneath Birmingham. (I don't think it's secret any more? If it is I guess guys in black suits will be knocking on my door very shortly!). And yes, there's one under many of the major cities in the UK. (I'm just making it worse for myself aren't I?). My mum was terrified for me, she somehow imagined than me working in a nuclear hardened telephone exchange made the threat of nuclear war somehow greater. Mind you, given how little I knew back then and how much sercure kit there was down there she might have been right...!
If we don't have news from you in the next couple of hours, we'll know what happened :D
And moms are always right :D