Which case?

Teaz

Godlike
It should come with a side fan on the latest batches according to CM due to the high demand of complaints of it in the sniper case. unless a titan is being fitted, you may be able to fit the 2/1 120mm fans instead of the 200mm fan.

yeah extra can be added, if i remebered it was 5 or 6 can be hooked up. or a cheaper way of doing is using splitters. (dont know how much it will affect the performance tho)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
god dam it and im probably gonna be getting a titan now after the amount of people with WC problems on the ECO

does it have proper screw holes or have you mounted it yourself

Teaz

Godlike
lol you should be able to fit 2 small fans so it basically slide underneath the titan, not sure tho but it has the option to do that with the provided screw holes. like what this guy is doing:
[video=youtube;9M4QGgAhDdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M4QGgAhDdI[/video]

so where the big titan is on top, the smaller fans may or could slip below them.

if you cant slip 2 fans in, you can just go the cheap diy way, drill 2 tiny holes or the cheaper way is to use cable ties lol

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
ive seen some people actually put the fan on the other side of the case (yes outside) but not all holes are accessible/visible from the outside, are they accessible here, and what about the other side, it seems to have a similar cut-out part although I have no way of checking, a large fan can probably be put there right?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
im personally not a fan of how it looks it also does not have the best of cooling compared to other cases at that price range, the T900 seems to have better cooling by the looks of it

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I guess it looks good professionally and has a clean style to it but I think the Sniper does actually bring styling as well as cooling into one and i will be getting it now i know the legs can be twisted in :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Dude the cm sniper is a beast. Also i think the side fan is a must for getting as much air as possible on the gpu. Yeah all the fans are connected to the fan controller apart from the cpu fan that's fitted the ECO (if you go for it) Also an extra fan be fitted at the bottom of the case next the the psu, however, due to the location it doesn't move that much air, but certainly worth doing if you are a perfectionist like me. lol

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yep my sig is constantly changing, but its for the best obviously and ive had a few budget changes along the way, but im near final and im only making this move because its the same price as the HAF 932 (chosen case) and i know that the legs can be twisted in now

I will also be taking advantage of the slot at the bottom, is it 80mm or 120mm?

and im now not getting the WC as ive seen quite a few stories of the ECO and it will be too late for me too notice as ill be using a headset and therefore won't hear anything

And yeh i know someone said put it into comparison and you only see the bad ones, but I'm pretty sure PCS dont shift 1000s a day and 3 in about 1 month is quite high

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
(PIx120(sq))x2= 90432
PIx200(sq) = 125600

ok so i thought the 2x120 may be better, i was wrong, can you fit in 4? i can always get a splitter for it but it looks like it can do it

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
also i want to see if you guys can do a magic trick, first check if the top fan is pulling in to the PC or out of the PC, if its going out, put paper above the fan

Enjoy ;)

Teaz

Godlike
if you fit 4 on the side then you will have to do some custom modding like markin holes or put cable ties etc etc to how you need it.

and what do you mean if the paper is pulling in or out for the top fan? lol the top fan has always been an exhuast so its pushing hot/warm air inside the case out or up.

@the vid
having a pc rigged up with those fans with such noise and speed will certainly turn a room in a jet engine concert lol.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
im fine with current price, the sniper/932 fit snug into my budget leaving me pennies away from going over :) perfect

also ive been looking around at 200mm fans that are 20mm height

is 700RPM high? i want good airflow, i couldnt care less about noise, as long as its not like a jet engine

EDIT:
Do you think that 20mm is ok? im assuming that the default ones are 30mm and the extra 10mm may be the difference

bg92

Expert
700rpm is low and it will be quiet, but it will still move a decent amount of air, and I don't think that the depth will be very significant, also the deafult fans are 20mm not 30mm from what I know.