Why am I getting logged out of sites?

PokerFace

Banned
When I went to visit a couple of forums/sites today that I am a member of (including this one) I found I was logged out, even though I have the 'keep me logged in' option set. I know I occasionally get logged out seemingly randomly, or when I've used CCleaner, but thought it was strange that it happened on a few sites today for no apparant reason.

Any thoughts, or is this just a coincidence?

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
they often have a timer, so they will log out after a while since you first logged in so if you logged into all of them pretty much at the same time that may be it, i know yahoo mail says that after two weeks it will log out, some may be different

Corfate

Author Level
Whenever i use CCleaner, it logs me out of everything. It's default set to clean your internet cache, so if you run it, it's probably doing the same to you :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
CCleaner wont clear the browser cache completely,
the only way to do this is manually through the browser tools.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Clearing your browser cache can solve a lot of problems,including the one your having,
how to do it depends on what browser & version you have,what browser are you using?

Fear

Prolific Poster
It could be something to do with battlelog if you have BF3 as every time that gets updated i lose all my visited sites from IE and have also had this not being logged into some websites i am auto logged into 1 of which i know does not have a time limit on.

PokerFace

Banned
Clearing your browser cache can solve a lot of problems,including the one your having,
how to do it depends on what browser & version you have,what browser are you using?

Thanks for the replies. I'm using IE9

It could be something to do with battlelog if you have BF3 as every time that gets updated i lose all my visited sites from IE and have also had this not being logged into some websites i am auto logged into 1 of which i know does not have a time limit on.

I don't have BF3, but thanks anyway.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
to clear cache in IE9 click on the tools icon/internet options/under browsing history click delete/untick"preserve favourites website data"
To completely clear the cache in IE9 Click on the tools icon/F12 developer tools/clear browser cache,
or hit the keys ctrl+R,
better still use firefox :)