Wifi Signal Issues

D

Deleted member 17413

Well thats a fair amount of devices, but you gotta think about what else might actively be using the bandwidth, and also what hub it is and how many devices its balancing.
For a "clean" speed test you really only want a couple of devices as most on it, and for only one person to be using the internet connection..so if anyone is streaming anything or gaming same time as you, you will see a drop in speeds.

Also, without knowing what speeds you are meant to get to start with...

EdwardH

Bronze Level Poster
Well thats a fair amount of devices, but you gotta think about what else might actively be using the bandwidth, and also what hub it is and how many devices its balancing.
For a "clean" speed test you really only want a couple of devices as most on it, and for only one person to be using the internet connection..so if anyone is streaming anything or gaming same time as you, you will see a drop in speeds.

Also, without knowing what speeds you are meant to get to start with...
Someone is only streaming Netflix at the moment surely that’s not enough to throw it all off and not to the extent it can’t even load webpages

GeaFit

Bronze Level Poster
If you right click your wifi and click properties what speed is it connecting to the router at? Windows can show full bars when the signal is quite crappy.

D

Deleted member 17413

Someone is only streaming Netflix at the moment surely that’s not enough to throw it all off and not to the extent it can’t even load webpages
Depends on what the connection is.... but if its virgin, and fibre, I wouldnt of thought so, no. Slower yes, but failing to load pages is quite severe

EdwardH

Bronze Level Poster
Depends on what the connection is.... but if its virgin, and fibre, I wouldnt of thought so, no. Slower yes, but failing to load pages is quite severe
Yea I just don’t get it it’s so frustrating because I just don’t know what the problem is and relatively hard to explain what is happening with stuff loading then not and then half loading and when I troubleshoot it says nothing wrong and will go fine again for a second but then not it’s just really weird what’s happening

D

Deleted member 17413

What is it like if you use the WiFi on the motherboard?

Paranoia is also making me wonder if this is some weird splitter thing like another customer had recently @SpyderTracks but its a different motherboard so no idea if it would have similar limitations on USB sockets like they had.

EdwardH

Bronze Level Poster
What is it like if you use the WiFi on the motherboard?

Paranoia is also making me wonder if this is some weird splitter thing like another customer had recently @SpyderTracks but its a different motherboard so no idea if it would have similar limitations on USB sockets like they had.
I don’t know how to use the wifi on the motherboard I never attached the shark fin to it

D

Deleted member 17413

Attach the fin antennae and then in windows youll be able to switch which adaptor it uses in your network settings.

EdwardH

Bronze Level Poster
Attach the fin antennae and then in windows youll be able to switch which adaptor it uses in your network settings.
Where would you put the fin just behind the pc or placed on top? Also how do you change the adaptor?

D

Deleted member 17413

You can change adaptor by going into network and internet settings, and then change adaptor settings.
It will list your adaptors there and you can enable/disable them, so you would just disable the AX200 and enable the motherboard one (AX201 was mentioned?)

The fin, not so sure as ive not had one, but would think it attaches onto the back on the motherboard?

D

Deleted member 17413

So the fin, i assume, attaches to the wifi connection labelled in this pic
R8GAKgF.png

EdwardH

Bronze Level Poster
You can change adaptor by going into network and internet settings, and then change adaptor settings.
It will list your adaptors there and you can enable/disable them, so you would just disable the AX200 and enable the motherboard one (AX201 was mentioned?)

The fin, not so sure as ive not had one, but would think it attaches onto the back on the motherboard?
I’ve connected the fin but when I go to change the adaptor only Ethernet and my current adapter AX200 shows up

D

Deleted member 17413

Youve done all the windows update stuff right?
Im not sure then... that WiFi is built into the motherboard?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hmmm...

It's possible they disabled the on board wifi in the BIOS. Or the two NICS are conflicting. The dedicated card is an AX200 and the on board is a newer AX201 variant.

My guess is the two together are so close that the driver is conflicting between cards.

Firstly I would download the on board wifi driver from here so you have it handy:

I would physically remove the AX200, delete the device from control panel including associated software.

Then reboot into BIOS, make sure the on board is enabled, then go and check device manager again.