Win £30 worth of steam games! - Write a Review Competition

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
I realise this is bordering on the advertisement rule - and if an Admin considers this inappropriate, please do feel free to outright delete the topic. Since we're actually giving something away and the target audience here are games, I hope it's on topic enough to be appropriate in the forum!

Either way, to the point: Our PC Game Reviews website launched about 5 weeks ago, and to kick-start interaction and content a little we decided to give away £30 worth of Steam Games in a competition.

Entering is pretty simple - it involves writing a review of a game you particularly liked/disliked or have any sort of opinion on, and if it follows our guidelines/is of good enough quality to go on the website, you have a chance at winning the prize. Any member of our team is obviously specifically excluded from winning.

The competition has only 2 weeks left on it - so I felt it was worth sharing in case someone visits the site at a later stage and felt they 'missed the boat'.

You *can* write about a game we've already reviewed, but in that case your opinion would require to be a little different to the original review. We feature these as 'second opinion' reviews. Full details can be found on our Review Competition Page.

The biggest plus of this competition is that we find talented 'guest authors' who occasionally send a review of the latest game they played. It's a great way to share your opinion with the gaming community, have people read about it - and be part of a project from its infancy. We've enjoyed over 10,000 visits in the first month alone, purely by word of mouth with no advertisement whatsoever, so there is a good momentum going.

Some ideas for games we are missing;
  • Most popular MMORPGs (We honestly have no time for these right now...)
  • Mass Effect 1/2
  • Any entry of the Total War series
  • Fallout 3 (previous one)
  • Anything worth playing, we don't stick to just the newest games but prefer also showing that older games are still worth it.

We do at any given time have between 20 and 30 articles in production, so please feel free to double-check with us by e-mail if you are concerned before you put some effort in!

Gorman

Author Level
oO, Not sure wether to remove or not! As long as its clear that PCS do not endorse and are not affiliated with the Site / Competition :p

Gishank

Bright Spark
Hmm, I must say it's nice to see a review site for once that looks decent! Hope it goes well for you, I'll be sure to submit an article to help the site along.

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
Also, it all reminds me of this:

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_7480.html

7480.jpg

Evil Tactician

Gold Level Poster
Haha Gorman - that was actually the inspiration for the placeholder logo. We actually really dislike the mana bottle that is featured now, and a new logo without any kind of mana bottle is being produced as we speak. (It's actually finished but we are awaiting a full logo pack so we can consistently feature it everywhere)

Give it a week or two :)

@Gishank - Thank you, we really appreciate your comment!