Window 7 OS

Killzoned

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys, as title says, i was wondering if its possible to install Window 7 on another computer? Despite it already being used by the computer i purchased from PCS? or isit only limited to the computer i bought

Fear

Prolific Poster
1 license 1 computer but as long as you don't have them on at the same time you should be ok.

Gorman

Author Level
We sell the OEM version of windows, while the above might be true for retail versions OEM is tied to the particular machine it comes on.

Although it may be possible to install on a different machine, using the OEM version would be in breach of the eula.

Fear

Prolific Poster
Ah i thought the version that you provided was a full retail version with the disc not the OEM version oh and just to clarify incase anybody gets the wrong idea i do not reccomend anybody doing such a thing and i DO NOT do that myself all my computers have there own operating systems and licenses.

Fear

Prolific Poster
They are OEM but still come with the disc :)

only reason i got the operating system was because you included the disc:winkiss: my 3 previous computers have never had the operating system disc's so had to pay out extra on new OS to do a clean install mind you 2 of them had Vista (spits)

Fear

Prolific Poster
Oh God No please i didn't really read that did i (looks again) yes i did, i am on my old faithful laptop running XP that has no problems the 2 desktops that ran Vista with many problems got clean installs of windows 7 no problems anyway at least you have a better taste in music by the looks of the thread i just been looking at :rockon:

Koukalaka

I personally had a lot of problems with XP, especially with my old laptop, huge audio lockups and BSODs, but upgrading to Vista and now on Windows 7 I haven't had any problems, perhaps some of those errors were hardware related, but I had endless problems with XP D:

Craig

Silver Level Poster
Windows 7 is definitely much better than Vista, I just read that you need alot of RAM for Vista to work smoothly, being a huge memory hog an all(maybe its been fixed now)

Gorman

Author Level
I supported XP and the previous flavours for many many years, if you had the right drivers and a reasonable amount of RAM Vista was a gift straight from the heavens. Never had any issues with it at all.

XP on the other hand remains to be a constant pain in the ****.

Anyone who loves XP and thinks it is better than Vista was either not around or doesnt remember the launch and service packs, now that was fail.

I hear it all the time and to this day no one has ever been able to give me a solid reason why XP was better than Vista, i challenge thee.

One of the biggest problems I've found (and I am not accusing you of this, it is a general observation I've seen repeated many times over the years) with moving to a new operating system or application is the "power" user. The novice user and the expert user generally don't have any problems moving from one OS to another, they just get on with it and they pick up the changes pretty quickly.

The "power" user, on the other hand, has taught himself a few "smart tricks" to make himself look like an expert. Somebody who people come to when they have problems. They don't understand the basics of how an operating system work, or how a particular type of application works, they know how to tweak a particular version, which makes them look good.

They are scared about moving to a new OS, package or version, because they will go from "power" user to "normal" user, until they learn the tips and tricks for the new version and that represents a loss of face, until they have found a source of useful tips-and-tricks on the internet or in a magazine.

This group of users are often very hostile to new versions of applications, whether they are better or not.

The above quote sums up nicely why there is popular hate for Vista, that and some OEM's decision to release prebuilds with it and 512mb ram.

This was the only real mistake MS made with Vista, they released 512mb as the minimum spec and OEM's followed it, it should have had a 1024mb min spec (like win 7 does) and most of the perceived problems would have dissapeared.

As for the memory hog claims, Vista had a memory management system, just like Win 7's. XP's memory management? Reboot.

Or download some flakey memory optimiser program, remember those? *shudder*

Last edited: