Windows 7 Reinstall

Jack

Going to reinstall Windows 7 through the CD sometime soon, haven't done a complete Windows reinstall before so was wondering if this will remove all of my hardware drivers?

Im comfortable with getting my video card drivers but need to know what other software and drivers I will need to install.

Gorman

Author Level
Hi Jack, if you format during the install then yes you will need the drivers.

The majority of the drivers can be found on the mainboard CD, if there's anything in particular you can find just let us know.

Jack

Thanks, also have a Nvidia VGA driver cd, do I need to install this or can I just download the latest drivers from the Nvidia website?

Gorman

Author Level
Always go for the latest drivers, especially for the graphics card, so i would bin the driver on the cd for the graphics card as its no fresher than the one that windows will install via windows update!

Fear

Prolific Poster
Just don't let windows install your graphics drivers (not always but can cause problems)

Jack

Reinstalled, all went smoothly. Windows has an update for my Samsung monitor and for the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, should I download these or is it better to download these directly from the manufacturer's websites or just ignore them completely?

Fear

Prolific Poster
The update for your monitor you can leave as you should not need it but you can install it if you want to and tbh the only thing i let windows install is windows updates anything else i get from the manufacturers site and lastly i am not sure on the Realtek 1 i would leave it off unless anybody else comes on and says to install it.

Gorman

Author Level
Windows update should be fine for those two, only ones to watch are the graphics really those are best from the maker